Ice in My Veins

052

Danika sat back in the chair rubbing her stomach as she read more on Matt’s disorder. She knew that he would never go to a doctor for help so she was going to have to do it. She had graduated from the field of psychology a few years back. Even though she did get a job in the field she still remembered key points and studies.

She was coming up with a plan as she looked at all of the data and cases that she found. She need to make Matt face Shadows and then have them both face the death of Tommy. She needed to make him see that it wasn’t his face and hopefully merge the two.

While she came up with her plan she decided to get Johnny to help her since she still didn’t trust the other guys and she knew that Matt could flip coins like crazy if Shadows ever wanted to rear his ugly. Danika knew that things could go wrong, but her future and the safety of her children she was willing to take a chance.

Sitting down stairs Matt fought with himself. He wanted to go up to his room and see what Danika was doing, but he restrained himself. He knew what she was doing was for the best and he was willing to change for her. Shadows wanted to get out, but Matt fought to stay in control.

As he struggled, beads of sweat followed down his face and he forced himself out side to the beach. It always calmed him down. Went he got to the beach’s edge where it met the ocean her allowed the cool water to run over his bare feet and he closed his eyes. Flashes of past events came to his minds eye as old memories surfaced.

A part of him tried to bloke them out, but he knew that he had to face them. Memories of his family and Tommy came to his mind and then an animalistic roar came from his throat as he sank to his knees. He felt tears come to his eyes, but Shadows refused to let them fall.

Matt didn’t know that Danika had came to him until he felt her take his hand, “It’s okay to cry Matt.” She said to him.

“No it’s not okay to cry. Crying is weakness,” he said as he tried to pull away from her.

“To who is crying a weakness? To Shadows or yourself?”

Matt didn’t like where this was going and went to walk away.

“Why won’t you cry Matt,” she asked as she went after him, “I bet they would want you to realize that it wasn’t your fault and that you can’t change that.”

Matt brought his hands to his ears and shook his head at the memories that came to mind, “Just leave me the fuck alone Danika,” he asked angrily letting Shadows take over.

“What’s the matter Matt? Letting Shadows take your place so you won’t hurt? You said crying was a weakness, but you’re wrong. Shadows’ you’re weakness. He’s the punk that you hide behind from the world that you can’t face. What do you think Tommy or your sister will think about what you have become?”

“SHUT THE FUCK UP,” he roared at her, but she just laughed.

“Just what I thought you’re too afraid to realize what’s in front of you, always using Shadows as a crutch,” she taunted.

At that moment everything was a blur as Shadows came rushing at her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey sorry for the long delay, but been busy and I forgot to post this. I am so forgetful sometimes. Sorry.

Bin the mean time check out this new story.

Unfaithful

Queenie