Ice in My Veins

053

Danika stepped out the way and watched as Shadows ran towards the ocean. She called out to him, but he ignored her. He rushed into the water and then like that he was gone. She choked back a sob as she watched what happened. She moved to the waters edge, but didn’t go in fearing hurting the babies. This wasn’t the way she planned it to go and now she wondered if she even did the right thing.

As Danika was on the shore calling for help Matt stayed under water being reborn. He allowed the hurt, pain, and the faces of his loved ones come forth. While he faced his fears Shadows back away in horror and like a shock of electricity jolt and shake him.

Both halves fought against each other as the merged into one. Neither one wanted to give up control, but they knew that it was impossible. As the merged the body of the once shattered man surfaced and when he breathed in the fresh air it was like breathing in new life.

Matt had never felt this way before. As he swam back to the beach he felt like a whole person and when the guys came over to help him out the water the first thing he did was go to Danika. When he was in front of her he scooped her into his arms and held her close as he started to walk away.

Once in the house and into their room, Matt took her to the bathroom where he stripped them both and ran a hot bath. After the tub was filled he lowered the both of them into the water and held her closer to his body. He didn’t want to let her go and he owed everything to her for making him whole again.

With her face pressed to his chest Danika listened to his racing heart has he held her. She held him just as tightly and thanked God that he was all right. For a moment when he was under water a part of her prayed that Shadows was then, but then she remembered Matt and started to panic.

She remembered the side of him that was afraid to face the world and how Shadows was a front. That’s she when she started to scream. Plus, deep down inside even thought she wanted Shadows dead she knew that she would feel guilty if he did. Knowing that he would have died and she watched would have haunted her forever.

Gripping him tighter she allowed herself to seep into his strength to let her know that he was really here and that he didn’t drown. She inhaled his scent and relished in his touch as he started to wash her then himself. It was hard for him to do so since she still clung to him.

After he was done wishing them he stood up with her and wrapped them both in a towel before carrying her to bed. Climbing into bed with her still attached to him he shifted until they were comfortable.

“Don’t ever do that shit again Matt,” Danika told him with a muffled voice from against his chest.

He let out a little chuckle and brought her closer to him, “I won’t,” he responded. For a while they just laid next to each other before he spoke again, “thank you,” he said.

“You’re welcome,” she replied and kissed his bare muscled chest.

Turning her so that her back was to his front he spooned her. His hand moved down to her stomach and he kissed her shoulder before pulling her closer to him. He held tightly onto her like she was his life. She was his life and the only thing that kept the shadows at bay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the lateness just been so busy lately, but here is an update.

Queenie

PS I am sorry and I lovers you guys.