Ice in My Veins

060

Danika sat in the library and listened to Syn as he ranted and raved at her for bothering him. She had started to have the pain more frequently and when she tried to tell him while he was busy he exploded. Now she sat here not saying anything. She allowed him to get his anger out and when he left, she decided that she wasn't going to say anything else to him.

She watched as he stormed out of the library and off to somewhere in the mansion. She released all her muscles and scrunched her face up in pain as another contraction raked through her. She had been holding in the pain while he was going off, but now she released it.

As the pain resided she closed her eyes and breathed deeply, “Just one more day and he will be home. He’ll be home tomorrow night, I can make it,” she whispered and then heaved herself off the couch as best as she could.

While she was making her way back up to their room she called for Carmen to keep her company. Carmen didn’t hesitate to be with her friend and she knew that she had to help Danika. She vowed that she was going to tell Shadows what Synyster had done as soon as he came home.

When they got to Danika’s room that she shared with Matt Carmen helped her into the bed and onto her side in the most comfortable position possible, “Everything will be okay Danika,” she tried to reassure the smaller woman.

Danika gasped in pain as another wave of pain hit her, “I hope so. Just one more day and he’ll be home,” she responded. Carmen laughed and Danika looked at her with a weird face, “What’s so funny,” she demanded.

“Oh just the fact that you are now wishing for him to be home when in the beginning you were wishing for him to die or for your escape,” Carmen stated.

Danika leaned back slightly, “It is weird isn’t it?”

“Yes and no. I believe that all things happen for a reason and your reason for being here was to save Matthew from Shadows. It’s what the Lord wanted.”

“You believe he hand a hand in this? That he wanted this to happen?”

Carmen sighed, “Ah child like I said all things have its reason. If it wasn’t for you being brought here Shadows will still be roaming and killing. It was meant for you to bring the Matt we all knew back. Now let me get you something to eat,” she finished and went to the refrigerator that was on the other side of the room that was more like an apartment.

After they ate Danika started to feel sleepy and Carmen soon left when she was sure that Danika was asleep. It was hours later when the room was dark and the only light that was in the room was coming from the moon and she felt herself being picked up, “Matt,” she moaned in her sleep, but when she didn't get a response and she felt herself moving she opened her eyes completely to be meet with Michael’s face above her.
♠ ♠ ♠
OH MY! Aanother chapter?! yes peopel another chpater, dun dun dunnnnnn!!!

Hope you all liked it and oh go check out my other stories.

Queenie