Ice in My Veins

070

Matt was just able to dodge the bullet when he saw Michael take aim. He wasn’t fast enough to completely go unharmed, but a least it was only a graze and nothing more as he felt a slight stinging. He charged full force at them and then they all fell with Danika in the middle causing their guns to fall. Matt moved her out the way from in between them before he balled up his huge fist and slammed it against Michael’s nose.

Michael heard a crunch and then felt a searing pain after his enemy hit him and even though the hit made him dizzy he swung back. He was able to punch Matt one the side of his torso where his kidney was. Matt felt the pain, but he didn’t let that stop him for hitting Michael again.

For a while Danika just watched as they fought on the floor before Michael kneed Matt in the stomach and was able to stand up before he hit Matt again in the stomach by kicking him. Right when he was going for a second kick Matt was able to roll away and stand up on his own.

Both men faced each other and one of them knew that one or both of them were going to die that night. Michael’s eyes were glazed over with insanity when he rushed Matt. Matt felt the impact in his chest, but he didn’t fall he just stumbled and he was able to bring his whole forearm and fist down onto Michael’s back.

Michael buckled under the hit to his back and he became winded. He was able to disentangle himself from Matt before he was hit like that again. As he was standing he felt Matt’s fists pound into his face, he hit back, but he could tell that he was starting to falter. He couldn’t loose he thought. Then he saw the guns just behind Matt.

Danika stood against the wall afraid to move. She knew that she couldn’t do anything. She knew that if she tried anything that she could mess things up for Matt so she just stand back and watched as her man beat the crap out of the guy who was once her friend.

Then out of no where she watched as Michael was able to head butt Matt and run for the guns, “No,” she yelled out just as Michael had a gun and had it aimed at Matt’s chest. She didn’t know what else to do, but to try and stop Michael from hurting Matt.

Matt watched in slow motion as Michael aimed the gun at his chest and he was sure it was over for him when he heard the gun fire, but instead he didn’t feel any pain. Instead he felt Danika’s body jerk as he caught her in his arms. Her back was to his chest and his breathing became difficult as he watch the blood from her wound as it drpped on to him and his hands.

“Danika,” Michael yelled out as he looked to Matt holding her bleeding body as he sank to the floor with her in his arms, “Oh God, Danika,” he groaned.

Matt looked down at the only person who was able to get through him beside his sister and he felt his world shattering as she was being taken from him as well. He felt the ice hardening his blood colder than what it was. He knew he couldn’t live without her. He placed his arms under her legs and back and stood up with her and he began to walk away.

Michael looked on, but couldn’t do anything as he watched Danika’s body being carried away, “I didn’t mean it. I didn’t want her to die,” he told Matt and himself. As he looked at all the blood coming form her body Michael’s mind finally snapped and he backed up against the hallway’s wall and slide down it as he watched Matt walk down the stairs with her body in his arms.

Matt took the last step down when he heard the gun shot and closed his eyes briefly. He knew that at that moment that Michael was no longer, but he didn’t care the only thing that matter was Danika and she was gone. As he walked with her through the back of the house he buried his face against hers and felt the coldness.

Men from both sides looked on as the saw the broken man carry the lifeless body of the woman that both leaders loved. They all turned their heads as they saw Shadows’ grief and the ashen form of the girl in his arms. They knew that it was all over, that the war between their gangs was over, but at a far higher price than they expected.

Matt finally made it outside to where everyone had stopped fighting and Michael’s men had given up. He continued walking until he got to his friends, “Oh no,” Johnny said as he ran over to them, “Not Danika,” he said as he started to feel that clogging rock that came from crying to where he could breath.

“Give me your gun,” Matt demanded him in a cold and dead tone as he looked at his youngest friend.

Johnny knew what Matt was thinking as soon as he looked into his eyes, “No,” he told him as tears felled his eyes, “No Matthew. The kids need you,” he tried to reason with him.
“No, they don’t. They will be better off without me and you will raise them like your own. Just don’t forget to tell them about us,” Matt finished. Then he looked to Syn.

Without having Matt say anything he gave his best and longest friend his gun, slapped him on the back and then stepped back and watched as Matt walked to an empty SUV and watched the others tap him on the back as well. It wasn’t long after they saw him shut the door that the saw a quick flash of light and the back passenger driver’s side window explode.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know that you all hate me after this and you want to kill me, but I have one more chapter after this. Yes one more. Just like an update on them all and to see if Johnny kept his word.

So, yeah I kinda got chocked up writing this. I hope you all enjoyed it.

Also, don't forget to check out my other stories. My new story Red will be posted in a day or two,

Love,

Queenie