Ice in My Veins

071

Note: some people didn't read teh chapter before this since I updated back to back. Read last chapter before this one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He felt the sun spilling in from the window onto his chest as he lay in his bed with his eyes closed just listening to the ocean just outside his window. He heard little baby giggles and felt very tiny little hands on his strong chest and a chorus of two little boys squealing, “Dada,” while trying to climb his chest at the same time, but failing.

Matt opened his eyes to a grinning Danika as she was one on side of the bed making sure that their little boys didn’t fall off, “No, no, Tommy,” she said as she gently moved the lighter skinned boy’s hand away from his father’s lip ring. Mattie the oldest twin laughed at his brother as he went to grab his twin’s hand as well.

Matt laughed at his boys and looked back over to his wife. She was just a beautiful as ever in the white sun dress that she was wearing that tied around her neck. It was also, there that he saw the scar that was on her shoulder and the events that had happened only a year ago. It was then that he thought of the time that he had almost lost her for good and that night he had opted to take his own life, but he didn’t.

While he was in the car looking down at her body with the gun in his hand he had heard her moan as she started to stir from the pain. She had started to cry softly and he couldn’t believe what was happening that he picked up her and had hugged her to his chest tightly. He had forgotten all about the gun that was in his hand so when he went to her hug his finger squeezed the trigger causing it to fire and making the window shatter.

He had then called for help when all the guys came running and saw what was happening. Syn and Jimmy had jumped in the front with the latter one driving and Zacky and Johnny rode in the back as they helped Matt comfort a pain stricken Danika. Johnny had taken off his jacket and pressed it to her wound causing her to start crying out louder, but Matt was able to calm her back down. They were able to rush her to the nearest hospital where they learned that they had brought her in just in time because if they waited any longer she would have bleed out.

Nate Dog was informed of what was going on so that he was able to bring his grandsons and to see his daughter at the hospital. He was so relieved and thankful for Matt had done, but he wasn’t going to tell him that in the least. The infants where checked in as well to make sure that all was alright with them while Danika was given a blood transfusion. The hospital didn’t have a match for her and when the guys where tested the only match that was found was Syn. He willing gave her his blood to save her and to make up for all the shit he did. He finally realized just how important she was to his friend.

Matt closed his eyes to the flooding images in his mind and he heard her sigh as he felt the bed move and his boys little bodies were moved away from him. Not long after he opened his eyes to see her placing the babies in their playpen before crawling back into bed with him, “It’s over Matt,” she sad as she wrapped her arms around him.

“I know. It’s just sometimes it’s hard for me to forget how I almost lost you whenever I see that scar,” he told her as he traced the scarred. He watched her lean over more to where she was half way lying on him and to where she could look at him.

“But you didn’t loose me Matt,” she told him as she kissed the skin just about the death bat on his stomach.

He smiled down at her as he watched her kiss her way up to his lips. He opened his mouth to welcome her kiss and they both sighed with contentment, “I know and I will never loose you or the boys,” he replied.

She laid her forehead against his, “I know. We won’t loose you either. I love you,” she whispered the last part to him.

“I love you too,” he answered back just as the boys threw their toys at them and started laughing. He looked over at them and started laughing as well as he thought it really was all over. No more ice flowing through his veins or shadows to haunt him since he had his family at his side now and forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey all. I know ya'll wanted to kill me after last night's update. Someone even commented that it was depressing.I know I know I am evil, but I had to do it. I just had to. Now this is the finally chapter of this story and I hope that you all enjoyed it as much as I did. It was great having you all along for this wild wild ride. I was able to talk to some of ya'll and start friendships. I must say that you are the best subscribers ever. Thank you all, thank you all for making this story what it was and for getting it to 10 stars and for making this my highest subscribed story. It really means a lot to me seeing everyone making this story a part of who they are. You guys rock. I have been told that I have some of the best commenters and that says a lot. So thank you once again. Ya'll have helped me mature in so many ways and I hope that we all continue to see growth.

Now for my new story Red. I have to say that I think this is my best story yet. I say that because I have seen how my writing as improved from my very first story to this story and I must say that I have grown more comfortable with my writing and my leanring disablilities. Doctors have told me that I would not make it without the aid of someone reading, writing, or explaining things to me. Now I have graduated from college with out a LD aid or help and I have been writing and reading things on my own and understanding what I am doing. So, if you have problems don't let anyone tell you that you can't do it. Just look a me and see how I am making it.

So now here is the link to Red:

Little Red Riding Hood

And I hope that you all enjoy this story as well. Thank you all for sticking with me through my ups and downs you are the best readers a writier could ask for. Thanks!!!

One,

Queenie

PS I also have a column so if you want to read it just go to my page.