The Last Three Letters

o1.

January 26th, 1922.

Dearest love,

I hope this message finds you well as endless thoughts drip from my soul. Every single word secretly paints a fairy tale of when we will melt into one. Time bleeds together and hours are like days, days like weeks, weeks as years, and years as decades. I've not heard from you in quite awhile and I wonder if the courier lost my letters in the mail, or even yours. Surely he tucked them away for safe keeping like I asked him to and they just slipped his mind.

You wouldn't ignore me, would you darling?

Of course you wouldn't, you love me just as much as I love you. You told me so the last time we were together. But honestly, I can't recall the last time we were together. It's been so long. Won't you come see me again soon? Once you get home from traveling? I would love to see your beautiful face again.

Have I told you how beautiful you are lately? Because you're so beautiful it pains me. I look at your photograph every morning when I wake up and I lose my breath for a moment or two. A smile spreads across my lips as I realize that you, someone as beautiful as you, could love me.

It's still so hard to believe that you're mine.

This letter is short compared to the previous ones I've written you, but I'm just checking up on you, darling. I hope all is going well in the world of film and acting. I also hope that you come home to me soon.

I've to run now, the nurses are coming to give me medicine for this afternoon. Don't ever forget that I love you, darling.

Love always,
William.
♠ ♠ ♠
this will only be 4 chapters, nothing too extravagant. Something short, sweet, and to the point. I hope you can pick up on a few things here and there within this first letter that will give hints as to how this will pan out. ;)