The Last Three Letters

o3.

February 14th, 1922.

If my words ever have reached you, I’m going to assume that you no longer care for me. I never knew that silence could cut so deep or that you, my love, would ever be the one who would twist the blade so deep into my heart. I waited all day for you, darling. Today is St. Valentine’s Day, if you’ve forgotten. I waited up for you until visiting hours were over and all hope of you coming had faltered and failed. I had a surprise for you, you know. I was going to ask you to be my wife. But seeing as I have not heard from you and you have refused to come and see me, I see that our love was just a beautiful lie to you.

I never thought you’d be the one who hurt me, I thought your love was so real and I would have you forever. I needed you! I let you go off to pursue your dream of being in picture shows and what not, even when I told you that the only women who were in those were harlots and sinners. But because I saw the way your eyes lit up when you had people from all around telling you that on screen is where you belonged, I let you go.

I shouldn’t have though! I shouldn’t have! I will say it until the day I day, which very well may be today, that I should have let you! It changed you forever, you won’t answer me or come and see me. I bet you deny our love straight up and down to all of the handsome actors out in California or wherever you are. I can’t be bothered to keep track anymore.

We were supposed to be together forever! You promised me your heart would always be with me, and guess what! It isn’t! You’re probably in the arms of some other man and the very thought of it sickens me. It sickens me so much that I can’t even stand to live any longer! I curse you and all of your beautiful lies!

I love you and goodbye,
William.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, but when you're going crazy, you don't have time to write lengthy things. Next is the epilogue that will clear everything up.