Status: Active

Take a Bite of My Heart Tonight

Chapter 7

Alex kept glancing towards his best-friend in concern, he could tell that he was terrified; he could see the colour had drained from his cheeks and his eyes were wide and scared as he stared ahead of himself and Alex. Alex honestly feels like a bad friend for not just pulling him to his chest- but he can’t, there might be more zombies and he wouldn’t be able to live with himself if Jack got anywhere near hurt.

“Jacky, breathe, please…” pleads Alex giving him a concerned look with his soft brown eyes, he saw Jack give him a weak smile and his hands hold onto his crow bar even tighter than before.

Alex understands where his best friend is coming from and leans over to give his hand a small squeeze and a reassuring look; well the best one that he could muster up at the time-being.

And like that they have found the others, they spoke to them about what they had seen and all of them had said something similar to do with; ‘I got to kill me teacher, weren’t as fun as I thought it would be’ or something like that. Alex had held Jack’s hand the entire time, he didn’t want him hurt, nor scared.

“We-we gotta find a place to like camp out, yeah?” Jack butts in as his big brown eyes glance nervously around to the lockers; some of which having bloody hand prints slammed onto them.

“Yeah, we can’t just stay in the vans the whole time,” adds Matt as he taps his hand onto his weapon-of-choice.

“How about that like, the History classroom that was closest to the changing rooms? That was always secluded off from everything else and it’s near the canteen, where there will be food stored… and the changing rooms are right next to it so we can shower and that…” Alex suggests as he raises an eyebrow.

The other’s look to each other and nods their heads in agreement, hands gripping tighter onto their supplies bags’ and their weapons as they all started to cautiously walk down the empty corridors to the History room they had all dreaded in their school years.

Alex and Jack’s hands are tightly intertwined as the two of them shuffle in the middle of the group, hands tightening every now and then as they walk down another corridor. Jack’s fear seemed to be rubbing off on Alex, but he somehow didn’t mind, he was with Jack- he would be okay.

“Oh, God, can you hear that? Can you fucking hear that?” Rian whispers from the front of the group, raising his already-bloody Axe in his left hand.

Everyone’s eyes are bigger when they hear screams and cries of ‘no’ and then the obvious strangled moans of one of the zombies. A dark haired girl is crying and screaming, he legs are flailing as she tries to make it to them all in time- but she doesn’t. No.

“Ohmigod…” Jack cries as he buries his head into Alex’s chest with little tears in his eyes as he saw the girl being eaten right in front of them and it’s so horrible to see her last breath and the last facial expression is horror.

And the zombie looks to them with a sort of malicious grin which shows the already clear blood stains marking a few chipped teeth that had some sort of skin stuck in between. And then it’s limping, foot bent over as it makes its way towards their mega group and in one smack to the head from Rian’s axe it’s dead on the floor with the brunette haired girl.

“Come on,” Alex hurried as he pulled his best friends towards the classroom, Collusy’s hand pushing gently against Jack’s back to push him towards the old classroom.

Zack is walking at the back with his weapon raised by his head, eyes big and curious as he looks around for those dreaded zombies that really should not be here. He nods towards Matt who walks into the classroom. Zack makes a quick glance around before following them through the big brown school door.

Zack hates it when he sees one of his best friends shaking as he helps move the desks to the side of the room with the other of their groups.

Alex squeezes Jack’s hand and kisses his best-friends cheek. All of the group is starting to get out the blankets and placing them around the room to make a sort of bed- but all of them are so distracted even that is proving to be a hard job.