Status: Back updating

Bring Me to Life.

011

When I woke up in was still in Séance arms. I blushed as I snuggled closer to his chest, thankful it wasn’t a dream. But if it wasn’t a dream, that means he’s seen me after I was beaten. And I told him, my father’s going to kill me and worst hurt him and his family. I slide from his arms and sneak out of his room.

As I was approached the front door, I heard someone in the kitchen.

“No goodbye?” I turned to face Séance’s grandmother. “I’m sorry Miss Williams.” I said.

“Maria.” She smiled. “Maria.” I repeated.

“I really have to go, I shouldn’t have come here.” I shook my head. “Sit.” She told me and I sat down.

“What’s going on Alli?” she asked me. “That’s what I’d like to know.” I saw Séance behind me.

“I didn't mean what I said last night, I fell, I swear.” I mumbled. “Don’t lie to me, young lady.” Maria said.

“He didn't mean it.” My voice broke. “How long how this been going on?” he asked.

“It was little after my mom died but it was never this bad until he started drinking. It started him pushing me, then slapping, then the beating and the…” I took a deep breath and shook my head.

“It gets worse?” Séance asked with his fist getting tighter and tighter. “He’s never actually…it’s just the touching.” I said.

“I kill him.” he growled. “No I have to go.” I got up.

“No you’re going back there.” Séance stopped me. “He’ll hurt you, and your family. I’ve tried to run away, it doesn’t work I won’t let him hurt you. I’m used to it.” I cried.

“No I won’t let him continue treating you like a punching bag and a sex toy.” He hugged me. As safe as I felt in his arms I had to go.

“Please let me go, we shouldn’t have done this. I shouldn’t have talk to you, we shouldn’t have gone out on that date, and we shouldn’t have kissed…I–I…” I broke down and began crying.

“Grandma can’t we do anything?” Séance held me to his chest. “I don’t know Arturo.” She sighed.

“I’ll just buy some beer and he’ll forgive me.” I nodded my head. “You can’t buy beer.” Séance said.

“The cashier at the store not too far from my house has an arrangement with me. I paid for it and she gives it to me around back.” I whispered.

“Sweetheart go clean up.” Maria told me. I walked into the beautiful and I didn't even recognize me. my eye had purple patches around it, my nose was slightly swollen, I looked like a monster.

“How could he call me beautiful?” I asked. “Because you are.” I saw him in the mirror.

“Look at me.” I whispered. “Your neck?” he looked at it shocked and I tried to cover it up.

“That’s why you were wearing a scarf? And the cut on your cheek?” he asked. He walked up to me and lifted my shirt slightly to see the bruises on my back.

“Alli I’m so sorry.” He whispered. “It’s not your fault.” I tear rolled down my face as he turned me around to face him.

“You’re too pretty to cry.” He smiled and placed his hands on the sides of my face to wipe the tears away. then he leaned in to kiss me. I need this kiss, it made me feel, wanted, cared for, needed, all things I haven’t felt in a while.

“We have to stop this.” I pulled away. “No.” he pulled my lips back to his. This is a whole new reason to fall in love with him.

“Séance I have to go.” I pulled away from him. “I can’t let you go back. Grandma isn’t there something we can do? Call the police maybe?” he asked.

“There’s no way to prove he’s the one who hit me. Even if the cops arrested him, he’d only be in jail for a few hours to maybe a day. Long enough for him to sober up and come after
me.” I said.

“Fine when he’s in jail, well get your stuff and you can stay here.” He offered. “If he finds out where I am…I told you, I won’t let him hurt you.” I said.

“Just stay with me for the day.” He asked. “No, I’ve been here to long, I’ve said too much.” I said.

“Alli don’t do this.” He begged. I looked between him and his grandmother and then run out of the house.

@@@@

I walked up the house with a case a beer and opened the door. I put the beer in the fridge and silently made my way to my room and found it torn apart. I heard him behind me and I turned to face him.

“Where have you been?” he asked. “I went for a walk, I brought you more beer.” I told him.

“Did you tell anyone?” he asked. “No.” I shook my head. He turned to walk away and sighed in relief until he back handed me. I lost my balance with the unexpected blow and hit the floor. He kicked me in my ribs and as I went to block his kick again, he hit my forearm, breaking it. He walked out of my room while I cried in silent, wishing I could be in Séance’s arms again.