Status: Back updating

Bring Me to Life.

031

“Arturo, you calm down and I’ll take care of your sister.” I told him. “I can’t believe that woman; she would allow this to happen to my baby sister.” He fumed.

“Baby sit down, I’ll handle everything. You go watch TV.” I kissed his cheek and took Vanya upstairs. “I-I…didn't, he, he…” she stuttered.

“I know, how about I fix you a bath?” I asked her and she nodded. She looked like me after one of my dad’s attacks. I fixed her a warm bath with bubbles and helped her settled into it.

“Thank you.” She said. “I know how you must feel, I hated when my dad did that to me.” I took a deep breath.

“How about I get your brother to go out and get some burgers and fries from your favorite place and we’ll pig out on ice cream later?” I asked her.

“I’d like that.” She whispered. “I’ll be right back.” I smiled at her then ran to see Arturo.

“Babe can you go get some burgers and fries from her favorite place?” I asked him. “Sure how is she doing?” he asked.

“She’s opening up.” I said. “Good, I’ll be right back.” He kissed me and left. I went and got her out of the tube and dressed in pajamas she left over here. I called Maria and told her what happened.

“How are you baby girl?” I asked her. “A little better.” She said.

“One day at a time.” I told her. “How were able to deal with it?” she asked me.

“Your brother, even as just my crush, I didn't want him see a broken girl. Now being with him, has healed everything. And we’re all gonna do the same for you, I promise.” She hugged me and I hugged her back.

“Careful.” I told her as she began to squeeze my stomach. “What’s wrong?” she asked a little frightened.

“Don’t be scared, you didn't hurt me, I’m pregnant.” I told her. “Oh my god really?” she finally smiled.

“Yeah, it’s your niece or nephew in here.” I told her. “Congratulations.” She hugged me again.

“Thanks.” I smiled. “And you’re engaged?” she asked looking at the ring Arturo gave me.

“No this is a promise ring your brother gave me basically the same thing. We promised to be with each other forever. Being with your brother is already more than I can ask for.” I said.

“Oh before I forget…” I ran out of the room and returned quickly. “This is for you.” I handed her the sonogram.

“They are so cute.” She gushed over the picture. “How far along are you?” she asked.

“When we went for the sonogram I was six weeks but now I’m nine.” I said. “I’m so happy to be back.” She said.

“Food is here!” Arturo shouted. “How are you feeling ?” Arturo asked his sister.

“Better thanks to Alli.” She said. “I heard about the baby.” Vanya smiled.

“Yeah, I’m gonna be a dad.” he smiled at me. “And a great dad at that.” Maria walked in.

“Did you take your vitamins?” she asked me. “Yes.” I laughed.

“I want to make my great grandchild is healthy.” She smiled. “Let’s eat, my child and I are starving.” I said.

After dinner, Vanya and I ate ice cream straight out of the carton and I stayed with her until she fell asleep. I went to knock on Arturo’s door.

“You still awake?” I asked him. “Yeah.” He smiled as I walked in.

“She’s doing great.” I said. “And you?” he asked.

“I’m fine. I just wanted to see my boyfriend.” I wrapped my arms around his neck. “I think you wanted to do more than see your boyfriend.” He laughed.

“I wanted to kiss him.” I sighed. “Then kiss him.” he said.

“But Stephan’s not here.” I smiled. “How is he your boyfriend?” Arturo laughed.

“He’s my gay boyfriend.” I said. “Well how about you kiss the straight one and before you make another joke, I mean the who fathered your child.” He said. I leaned in and kissed him.

“You must be so stressed taking care of a houseful of women. No wonder you ditched.” I told him. “I love you all, I don’t mind.” he said.

“You are such a great man.” I told him. “You deserve a great man.” He said.

“Why do you treat me like a princess?” I asked him. “Because you are one.” he kissed me.

“I love you…both.” He kissed my stomach. “We love you too.”