‹ Prequel: She Makes Me Wanna
Sequel: Bring Me To Life

We Found Love

Chapter Ten-Run Away

Emily’s Point of View

By the time we landed in Pittsburgh, I had had enough. I dashed for Sidney’s car, threw my stuff in the back, and plopped into the passenger seat. He didn’t try and talk to me during the ride home, which I was grateful for. I felt so stupid, and I hadn’t stopped regretting sleeping with Sidney since Jordan had flipped out on me in Philadelphia. I ran into my bedroom before Sidney could even fit in a word edgewise and dragged my large travel suitcase out of the closet, where it had been since the beginning of the season. I started emptying my closet, throwing everything I could into the bag before zipping it shut. Once I was sure that the room was empty I dialed the number that I had called so frequently over the past few days for the final time.

“Hey…it’s Emily Vance…yeah. Is the apartment ready to go?” I asked.

“Yes, everything is ready for you to move in,” the realtor replied.

“I’ll see you in twenty minutes,” I said before darting into the bathroom and collecting my things. I ran as quickly as I could down the stairs, grabbed the keys to my Pathfinder, and darted into the garage. I threw my belongings into the back seat and was just about to get into the driver’s seat when I heard a heavy sigh.

“You’re leaving?” Sidney asked, and I swallowed roughly. His voice was full of hurt.

“I…I have to Sid. Jordan is right…we shouldn’t have the relationship we have. I’m a professional athlete, I can’t be sleeping with the captain of my team…if people found out…my career would be over. I’m sorry Sidney,” I said before getting into the car. Sidney grabbed my wrist gently and kissed me tenderly before I could even pull away.

“I’m sorry too,” he muttered before backing away and closing the door to my car.

I couldn’t stop crying the entire way to the apartment.

Jordan’s Point of View

“Hello?” I asked, answering my phone. I had fallen asleep right after getting back to my place, and I wasn’t happy about being woken up.

“You win Staal. She moved out. She didn’t even tell me she was leaving. She just packed and ran,” I heard Sidney say, and I swallowed roughly.

“What?” I asked incredulously.

“Emily moved out. Whatever you said really fucking hurt her Staal,” Sidney growled.

“I didn’t mean to,” I started, but Sidney cut me off with a scathing laugh.

“Bullshit you didn’t Jordan! She cried the entire night after our game in Jersey, said she was a slut…I tried to get her not to leave but she got all stone cold and said that she was a professional athlete and that our relationship couldn’t happen. Jordan do you realize that you have fucked up the one chance I might have had with a girl who actually made me happy and who actually got what I was all about?” Sidney asked, his voice going from angry to upset in a span of about five seconds.

“Sid…I…I’m sorry,” I sighed.

“No you aren’t. You’re nothing but a womanizing scum bag that can’t stand to see people happy in relationships. I’m not surprised that you pulled this bullshit, but you know what? Congratulations Jordan. You’ve won. Sidney and Emily are going back to their normal, miserable, single as fuck selves while you party it up with all of your puck sluts,” Sidney said, and the words cut me like knives.

“I’m not like that!” I said weakly.

“Fuck you Staal,” Sidney said coldly before hanging up. I stared at the screen of my phone for a few seconds before dropping it onto my mattress with a heavy sigh. Maybe Sidney was right. Maybe I was just a womanizing scum bag.

Sidney’s Point of View

I couldn’t stop running. I was so pissed that I couldn’t stop. The treadmill went from 1 mile to 10, and by the time I finally stopped I knew that I had probably fucked up my game for a few days. My legs felt like Jell-O, and my head was spinning as I guzzled down a Gatorade.

“Fuck!” I screamed, and the angry bellow echoed through my much too empty house as I slumped to the ground, my head in my hands.
♠ ♠ ♠
Emily is running away from her problems.

Hope you guys are ready for a double whammy tonight, 'cause I'm updating once more after this :)