‹ Prequel: She Makes Me Wanna
Sequel: Bring Me To Life

We Found Love

Chapter Twenty-He Has Everything and Nothing

Jordan's Point of View

I sat on the bar stool in Tanger's kitchen watching the opening ceremony for the 2014 Winter Olympics with a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth. They showed the Canadian men's hockey team when Canada's flag was presented, and when I caught a glimpse of Marc and Eric singing "Oh Canada" proudly, I wanted to turn off the TV. In a way, now I knew what it was like to be Jared. It sucked being the only NHL playing Staal brother to not be invited to the Olympics...again. Just then my phone buzzed and I saw that it was a text from Jared.

Hey Jordy, guess what! I found a girl! the message read, and a picture of Jared wearing a cheesy grin with his arm wrapped around a pretty, petite redhead came quickly after. I slammed my phone down on the counter roughly and took a deep swig of the beer in front of me, drawing a few strange looks from Tanger and the other guys who hadn't been invited to Sochi.

Emily's Point of View

I felt tears well up in my eyes as the American flag was presented. I sang the national anthem proudly with the rest of my new teammates, and joined in the "USA!" chant when the national anthem was over. It had only been a few days since I had met my new team, but the girls were friendly, and they were all too excited to be playing with me (which was sort of a weird feeling to get used to). I glanced over to the part of the stands that was a sea of red and white, and I felt my heart stop. Standing at the edge of the Canadian crowd was Sidney. Our eyes locked and he gave me a small wave, his hands covered in the red and white mittens that had been so popular during the Vancouver Winter Games. I waved back and shivered, but the shiver wasn't from the freezing cold temperatures of Sochi, Russia. It was the fact that Sidney and I could find each other in a crowd of thousands, maybe even millions of people, and that his eyes would light up like they did when he saw me. One of the girls nudged me to point out something going on in the flag ceremony, and I tore my attention away from Sidney quickly, but my heart continued to flutter weakly as I watched the rest of the ceremony.

Jordan's Point of View

They showed Emily on the screen, and I nearly choked on my beer. Her nose was bright red from what I assumed was the freezing cold Russian air, and her cheeks were flushed, but she looked so happy. Her eyes were glimmering with a sort of joy that I had never really seen on her face before, and I felt myself frowning. The girls around her all looked thrilled too, and I couldn't take it any more. I jumped up, grabbed my keys, and headed for the door.

"Where are you going?" Kris asked.

"Out," I said quietly, letting the door fall shut behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know that this was really short and slightly random since it was mostly in Jordan's POV, but I wanted to introduce the Olympics and kind of throw another character in there for a bit. Enjoy :)