‹ Prequel: She Makes Me Wanna
Sequel: Bring Me To Life

We Found Love

Chapter Twenty One-The Games, pt. 1

The preliminary rounds of the games flew by in a blur. I had never played hockey quite like this before, and was amazed to find that a lot of the girls on my team were just as good at puck handling as I was. I had a hard time at first adjusting to the not checking thing, but once I did I quickly found my groove as the first line right winger. It was a little different not having Sidney as my center, but Katrina and I played together just as well.

The girls were absolutely fantastic, and I really enjoyed being on a team of all women for once. I didn't feel like the odd one out as we stayed up as late as our coach would let us, telling stories and playing with each other's hair. In a way, it was weird how feminine we all were. I became really close with the two other girls on my line, Katrina and Latoya. Katrina was a busty, petite girl from Minnesota with short blonde hair and a ferocious temper. Latoya was a tall, lightly muscled African American girl from New York City with long, wild hair that she would always complain about but refused to cut or style into something more manageable. They bombarded me with questions about playing in the NHL, and asked me if it was weird being in a locker room full of guys. I asked them about how things were on their teams, and about what it was like playing with all girls.

"Okay, so you have got to tell me this...is Sidney Crosby really as hot as he looks in pictures?" Katrina asked me the night before we played the Russian team. The winner of the game would go on to the medal tournament, and we were desperate to make it. I choked on the juice I was drinking and Latoya began to crack up as I sputtered and tried to clean up the mess, effectively knocking over their drinks in the process.

"I uh...I...yeah," I muttered sheepishly as I mopped up the spilled drinks. Latoya raised her eyebrow.

"Looks like somebody has a crush!" she teased, poking me in the shoulder.

"Hey, I don't blame her one bit...although I'd probably go for that hot piece of ass Staal," Katrina shrugged, and I slapped my palm to my forehead.

"Can you not talk about Gronk like that?" I asked weakly, and Katrina started to laugh.

"I'm sorry, but when you've got all those hot guys on your team, I can't help it!" Katrina smirked.

"What about you Latoya, you want to jump any of my teammates too?" I asked.

"No, but I wouldn't mind meeting P.K. Subban...hey girl hey!" Latoya said loudly, and I chuckled.

"He's a nice guy," I said quietly.

"You've gotta have us out to Pittsburgh for a game once we're done all of this," Katrina said matter-of-factly, and I nodded, a smile spreading across my face.

"You'd really want to come see me play?" I asked.

"Hell yeah girl!" Latoya said brightly.

The next day we destroyed Russia 8-3, and the home crowd was not pleased. We were excited to move on to the medal round, where we knew we'd be playing Finland first. The Canadians were playing the Swedes, and the winner of that round would be playing the winner of our round for the gold. The two losers would play for the bronze, leaving one team pretty unhappy. I just prayed it wouldn't be us. As I headed back to the large building where the US Women's team was staying, my phone went off.

Hey, great game. I'm coming over to your building, so wait for me.

I felt my cheeks flush and I sprinted into the building to get changed quickly. I threw on a thick red sweater and a few pairs of long johns before tugging on my black sweat pants and my snow pants. Just as I was throwing on my jacket I heard a knock at the door, followed immediately by Katrina screaming my name at the top of her lungs. I ran down the stairs so quickly I almost fell, and flung myself into Sidney's arms without a second thought.

"SID I MISSED YOU!" I screamed, and he laughed, twirling me around. We hadn't had much time to see each other since our practices interfered more often than not, and we both had a lot of press conferences and the like to attend in our free time.

"I missed you too," he said quietly, hugging me tightly as he put me down.

"So, what's the plan?" I asked.

"Well there are a few guys on the team who want to see you, and then I was thinking about going and grabbing some food," Sidney said, and I nodded quickly.

"I'll see you guys later!" I beamed before letting Sidney whisk me out the door.