‹ Prequel: She Makes Me Wanna
Sequel: Bring Me To Life

We Found Love

Chapter Twenty Eight-Welcome Home

"Ladies and gentlemen, your Pittsburgh Penguins!" I heard the announcer say, and cheers echoed throughout the Consol Energy Center. We were playing the Washington Capitals in our first preseason game, and it was a big deal because they were the defending Stanley Cup Champs. I dashed out onto the ice after Kris, and the crowd went nuts as my name was called out. I felt pride beginning to swell up in my chest; it was good to be home. The crowd in New Jersey had been great, sure, but it was nothing compared to Pittsburgh. I realized with a sudden start that Pittsburgh was and always would be my home, and that if I ever faced being traded again, I'd sooner retire than go somewhere else.

"Come on Vance, pick it up!" Dan screamed as I dashed for the puck. I pushed my legs as hard as they would go, and the puck found my stick as I darted past Ovechkin. I quickly deked and dumped the puck in behind Holtby, drawing screams from the crowd as the goal horn went off. I pumped my fist once in celebration, allowed Sidney and Evgeni to tap my helmet, and then went in for fist bumps and high fives. I scored another goal and got two assists in our 4-1 victory over the Capitals, and I was bombarded by the media once again as I headed into the locker room.

"Miss Vance, could you say that your relationship with Crosby has helped boost your chemistry on the ice?" a reporter asked, shoving the mic into my face.

"I uh...I don't think it harms it in any way, but I don't want to say that it is just that. We've been training really hard this summer, so the chemistry of the team in general has gone up," I replied.

"Do you think that the Penguins have a chance at the Cup this year?" another reporter asked.

"I think it is a little too early to be making calls like that, and I'd love it if nobody asked me that. I'm very superstitious," I admitted, laughing slightly. A few reporters chuckled and they asked me a few basic questions before moving on to the other players.

I headed out of the locker room to answer my mom's phone call when I found myself face to face with Alex Ovechkin. He waited patiently for me to hang up the phone, and when I did he smiled broadly at me, revealing his gap where he had lost a tooth.

"You play very good hockey," he said, and I felt my face flush.

"Thanks, so do you," I said. He had scored the only goal for the Capitals.

"Thank you. Do you want to go get drink tonight?" Alex asked, and I raised my eyebrows.

"You know I'm with Sidney right?" I asked, jerking my head towards the door to the Penguins' locker room.

"Just because there is goalie does not mean you can't score," Alex smirked, and I felt something bitter and distasteful forming in my mouth.

"Wow, uh...I appreciate you asking, but no thanks," I said before scurrying into the locker room. I immediately collided with Sidney, and he looked at me curiously before shaking his head.

"What's got you shaken up this time?" he asked.

"Ovi tried to get me to go drinking with him," I sighed, shaking my head.

"That crazy bastard...doesn't he know you're mine?" Sidney asked, pulling me into his chest possessively. I laughed and pried myself out of Sidney's arms before the reporters had time to notice that we had been hugging.
♠ ♠ ♠
a short, fluffy chapter just to set the tone for the upcoming chappies :)

Roses are red, Violets are blue
My readers are awesome, and comments are too!
Yeah, I did that for comments. I don't mess around.