‹ Prequel: She Makes Me Wanna
Sequel: Bring Me To Life

We Found Love

Chapter Five-Losing Control

I ran until sweat pooled in the small of my back. My arms ached, my legs were burning, and sweat ran in torrents down my body. I had never worked out so hard in my entire life. Sidney had been kind enough to let me stay in his house again until I found my own apartment, and I had taken full advantage of the gym in his basement. Every day I got stronger than before, and I was quite proud of my “ripped” body. Granted, I wasn’t a freakishly huge body builder, but I was muscular for a girl. I wasn’t awkward about it though; Veronique had taught me the ins and outs of creating the air of femininity regardless of body type.

A knock at the door made me jump out of my skin though. I paused the music I had been listening to and slowed the treadmill to a stop.

Sidney’s Point of View

Emily opened the door to the “gym” and I swallowed roughly. She was wearing black shorts, and when I say shorts, I mean SHORT shorts. She had on a hot pink sports bra with black stripes, and she was dripping in sweat. I immediately backtracked, my eyes growing wide as I practically leapt out of the room.

“Oh come on, it’s not like you haven’t seen me in this little clothing before,” she laughed, and I could practically hear her rolling her eyes.

“I don’t look at you in the locker room,” I retorted, leaning against the wall. Emily walked out, pulling a black tank top on over her head, laughing quietly.

“Sid…chill. It’s not a big deal. I’m not naked or anything,” she said, punching my shoulder lightly. I bit back a frustrated groan and tried not to think about her naked.

Having Emily move in had really increased my sexual frustration. As far as I was concerned, Emily was the hottest creature on the planet, and her explosion of confidence over the summer had only made it worse for me. Apparently I had zoned out, trying to clear my head, because Emily snapped her fingers in my face.

“Earth to Crosby…are we going to meet up with Jordy and Tanger today for lunch?” she asked, and I blinked rapidly.

“Uh…yeah, that was the plan. What time is it?” I asked, glad for the distraction.

“It’s a little after ten. Call them and figure out where we’re eating while I jump in the shower,” Emily said, trotting up the steps, her legs moving fluidly with each step and revealing the toned muscle beneath her lightly bronzed skin.

Emily’s Point of View

After my shower I threw on a ruffly pink tank top and my favorite jean shorts before blow drying my hair and sweeping it back so that it hung in loose, natural curls down to my shoulders. I perched my favorite sunglasses on top of my head and slipped on my gladiator sandals before heading back downstairs. Sidney had apparently also taken a shower, because his hair was plastered to his head and he was looking good. His black teeshirt was skin tight, showing off his incredibly muscular chest, and I had to resist the urge to drool as I walked into the kitchen.

Can you say frustration? Here I was, almost nineteen years old, living with Pittsburgh’s most eligible bachelor, the hottest guy I had ever seen, a guy who I had frequently made out with, and yet a few months later I was fighting every urge to, for lack of a better term, hop on it. Sidney cleared his throat as he noticed me walk into the kitchen, and held up his phone.

“Jordy and Kris are going to come pick us up. We’re going to some weird sandwich shop,” Sidney said, and I rolled my eyes.

“Another internet place?” I asked. Jordan and Kris had dragged Sidney and I to about fourteen different eateries in the past few days because they had become obsessed with a Pittsburgh based food blog.

“Are you surprised?” Sidney chuckled. I shook my head, grabbed my steel water bottle out of the fridge, and hopped up onto the counter, crossing one leg over the other before guzzling half of the bottle. As I put the bottle down I noticed that Sidney was staring at me and I arched my eyebrows.

“See something you like Captain?” I smirked, flashing him a flirtatious grin. He swallowed roughly and immediately snapped his attention to the back yard.

“Just zoning out,” he mumbled, his cheeks flushing. I took a deep breath before hopping off the counter and dropping into the chair next to him. We sat in silence for a few minutes, and the tension in the air was so thick that you could cut it with a knife. Sidney and I hadn’t kissed in months, and as I sat there, trying not to look at him, there was nothing that I wanted to do more.

Oh, to hell with it.

Sidney’s Point of View

Sitting there drinking in the sweet smell of strawberries and spearmint was too much for me to handle. The dam of self control that had built up between us suddenly burst, and we attacked each other’s lips with a hungry fervor. Our tongues collided, and Emily knocked my hat off and ran her fingers through my damp hair. I felt her smile against my lips as I half dragged; half carried her into the living room. We tumbled onto the couch and she landed on top of me, our lips never parting as it happened. I ran my hands down her sides, finally allowing myself to feel her tantalizing curves before planting my hands firmly on her hips. I felt her shiver slightly and I bit back a groan. I was going to have a hell of a time hiding how turned on I was from the guys, but I really didn’t give a shit. Emily ran her hands up my chest, and I let out a short groan, causing Emily to grin again. She softly bit my lip and I knew that I was doomed. I somehow managed to pin her under me and I broke away from her.

“You are a demon,” I muttered, nipping at the base of her neck. She whimpered and squirmed under my hands, but I smirked.

“Oh no, you don’t get to call the shots now Emily Vance. I have taken a puck to the neck, about a hundred and fifty agonizingly cold showers, and have worked for months to keep myself in check. But no, you just have to go and be so damn attractive,” I growled, and she laughed quietly.

“Except for the puck in the neck, I’ve done the same so don’t you dare bitch to me about it Crosby,” she said. I glared at her.

“You are such a smartass,” I retorted.

“You love it,” she smiled, and I shook my head before capturing her lips in mine once more. Eventually she slipped her hands beneath my shirt, her cool palms running up my stomach and resting lightly on my chest. My heart was pounding and I felt like a high schooler again. I toyed with the bottom of her shirt, but I restrained the urge to do what she was doing to me, and instead brushed my thumbs lightly against the soft skin of her hips. Suddenly a small, hard object hit the back of my head and I leapt up, my eyes growing wide and Emily shrieking in shock. I spun around to see Jordan and Kris fake puking in the doorway of the family room, and I saw a condom sitting at my feet. I picked it up and beamed it at Jordan’s head.

“You guys are such dicks…haven’t you ever heard of knocking?” I asked, my face flushing slightly.

“Yeah…we did knock but SOMEBODY was too busy MAKING OUT WITH SOMEONE to answer the damn door,” Jordan said, making a face. Emily flipped him off as she fixed her hair, and then flashed them an award winning “I’m a cocky bitch” smile.

“You assholes ready for some food? I’m starving,” she said, flouncing towards the door.

“All that making out with Creature make you hungry?” Jordan teased. She punched him hard in the stomach and he grunted in pain.

“You two didn’t see anything, got that?” she asked.

“Yes ma’am,” Jordan gasped, still clutching his gut. Kris nodded in agreement and I raised my eyebrows in shock. Emily had a way with the team that I would never understand. If I had asked the same thing, the guys would tease me for weeks on end.
♠ ♠ ♠
The dam has finally broken, and Sid and Emily aren't particularly upset about it either.

Things are about to get interesting :)

ps: things in BOLD and ITALICS are unanimous thoughts, i.e. Sidney and Emily are thinking the same thing