Status: One Shot. :)

I Did the Wrong Thing to the Right Girl.

It's over.

“You fucking bastard how could you!?!” She yelled at him, with tears streaming down her face.

“How could you do this to me, what were you thinking? Wait, let me answer that for you; you weren't thinking at all!” You could hear the rage was in her voice, silence filled the room. She waited for a response but he was speechless.

He opened his mouth but no words came out. She was fed up with all this bullshit, everything he’d put her through; she was done! 3 years of the nonsense was enough.

“Are you just going to stand there like a ton of bricks, or are you going to talk to me?” He furiously stood up and punched the wall with all his might.

That threw her through a loop; she grabbed her purse and stormed out of his apartment mad and frighten at the same time, slamming the door shut behind her. She ran to my car as fast as possible; not looking back. There she sat in the driver’s seat with a heart that’d been shattered into millions pieces, head on the steering wheel crying her heart out.

‘I can’t believe he didn’t even give me an explanation, that son of a bitch!’ Still sobbing and furious, she started the car engine and raced home.
--

She woke up the next morning with my heart aching more than ever. Trying to remember what had gone down last night, it finally dawned on her that she’d found out her 3 yearlong relationship John O’Callaghan was over. He’d cheated on her with her older sister McKenna, while she’d been away at College. Who knows why he’d done that, quite frankly she didn’t give a flying shit anymore. This wasn’t the first time he’d cheated on her but it was finally the last. She was done giving him chances; he’d crossed the line too many times.

“Thump, thump, thump!” The sound of pounding on the front door; nervously she climbed out of bed to answered the door wondering who could be here at this hour? Turns out it was John, once she saw his face immediately tried slamming the door it was like a reflex. But john caught her hand before she could even grab the knob.

Screaming on the top of her lungs shrieked, “Let go of me now! What do you think you’re doing!?!”

“Kate, calm the fuck down and listen to me; please! What happen with McKenna and I was an
accident, we were both drunk and she was the closes thing that reminded me of you! Please I beg of you, forgive me I’ll do anything to re-gain your trust!” He pleaded.

“That is no fucking excuse for you to be sleeping with my sister; this isn’t the first time you’ve cheated on me! There’s always an excuse from you isn’t there!?!” Man was she ready to slap him across the face when he came up with the same old story he’s been using!

“Please Kate, I know I’ve screwed up, just give me one more chance; I love you with all my heart, I don’t want to lose you. You’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me, the past 3 years were the best years of my life. Nothing can change how I feel about you and nothing will ever get in the way of me being with you. Please Kate please, I love you and I want to be with you for the rest of my life.”

By now he was on his knees and in tears. This was the first time Kate had ever seen John cry, he was crying because of me her couldn’t believe it.

“John” She said in a weary voice. “It’s too late to regret what had happened, if you really did love me you wouldn’t have cheated on me in the first place. What hurt me the most was it was with McKenna. I really do want to be with you but this relationship isn’t healthy. It’s best if be both moved on.” She said in a steady voice.

There was a moment of silence, he finally spoke again. “I know what I did god dammit I was there you know!” She could tell he was more frustrated with than ever.

“You mean the world to me and that won’t every change, as long as you love me the same way I love you than I guarantee our relationship will work out…if you were willing to give it one last shot!”

“No” mumbled Kate. She was finally beginning to calm down, but down was the opposite becoming angrier by the second, “I’m tired of your constant bullshit and excuses, it’s time to end this once and for all. No more messing around John, I have no more hope for this relationship. The past 3 years was the best time of my life but at the same time it didn’t feel right at all. I miss the old John, the one who made me laugh 24/7, doesn’t mind being with my crazy family, and the John who I could talk to about everything.” That took a lot out of her to say but she did.

“John, I love you with all my heart but it’s over, you don’t know how hard it- “

Before she could finish my sentence, he’d cut me off. “No Kate, I’m not letting you do this, you’re not going to give up on us that easily not without a fight at least.” His voice was very raspy; Kate could tell he was hurting inside more than herself was.

“There isn’t anything to fight for. It’s time John” slowly Kate motioned him towards the door, leaving it wide open. This was the hardest thing I’ve had to do in my life, letting go of someone who’ve been in my life for the past 3 years; the worst part was she loved him too much and didn’t want to let go. But she knew this was necessary, both of us needed to move on.

He’d finally got the message and gradually turned and left. Before he left my life completely John said, “I love you Kate, and you’ll forever have a place in my heart, remember that.”

It was like a bullet had gone through her heart, not once or twice but three times. Finally she closed the door and sat on the floor miserable knowing that she’d let the love of her life go. Kate couldn’t cry anymore, all my tears were gone now; those tears had finally subsided just like this relationship had.

Kate rested a hand on her belly, thinking ‘not all of John was gone; there was one part of him still left in me’

Don’t listen to the voices in your head listen to your heart, and that’s what she did.
♠ ♠ ♠
First one shot! Tell me if you like it or not please! If so I might try out some more! Please check out my other story "One of the guys" featuring John O'Callaghan!

-Andrea