Status: Hiatus. I'm so sorry. (tumblr: isitwarpedtouryet)

The Beach

Chapter 11

My eyes flew open and I registered the color-changing lights of the bus ceiling just as I hit the floor with a dull thud. Ow. I rubbed the back of my head and frowned. I've been on this tour for over a month and I still fall out of my bunk at least once a week. I stood and put my foot on my bunk, freezing when I heard whimpering coming from the bunk above mine. Celeste!
I climbed up to her bunk, pulling her curtain back and leaning over her. She was curled into the fetal position, her blanket around her ankles. Her little fingers were curled around her Tinker bell pendant. There were tears streaming from her closed eyes, her curls splayed across the pillow. She shivered in her purple footie pajamas. I kept one hand clutched to the ceiling of my bunk while I reached toward her with the other. Before I could reach her, the bus jolted and I fell from my precarious position, landing on my brother's arm, which had fallen into the aisle.
Alex stuck his head out from his bunk and glared at me sleepily. Celeste sobbed loudly and Alex's eyes widened. I stood and he rolled out of his bunk, automatically going into big-brother-mode. I climbed back to my previous position and he put an arm around my back to steady me. His head was level with my shoulder from where he was standing on the floor. Alex held me steady as I shook Celeste awake and pulled her against my chest. She sobbed and kept whispering: "Daddy, Daddy, want Daddy."
Alex wrapped both arms around me and pulled me out of Celeste’s bunk, her still in my arms, carrying us both to the back lounge. He laid on one of the couches and pulled me against him with our baby sister between us. Celeste curled into his chest and Alex put his arms around me to keep me from falling off. I held onto Alex's biceps to keep myself steady and let my head fall against Celeste's hair. I closed my eyes and breathed in the comforting scent of baby shampoo and crayons that was Celeste, mixed with the smell of whiskey and fruit snacks that was Alex.

****Izzy's POV****

I smiled at the sight that greeted me when I walked into the back lounge. Alex was asleep on the floor, Celeste lying on his chest and Nessa curled into his side. Alex's purple Ravens blanket was wrapped around all three of them.
"Hey, Flyzik says he needs Ale-aw!" Zack walked in, fiddling with his camera. He snapped a few shots of Alex and the girls before he turned to me. "Matt needs Alex and Jack for an interview in half an hour." And with that, he turned and walked away.
I nudged Alex with my foot. "Lex," I said. "Get up!" Alex merely grunted in response. I sighed and leaned over him, gently pulling Celeste off of his chest. Nessa pulled Celeste closer to her and murmured in her sleep. I slapped Alex with both hands repeatedly. Was that a dick move? Probably. Was it necessary? Absolutely. Alex's eyes flew open and he jumped up, pinning me to the floor.
"You're gonna pay for that, Barakat," He warned, his forearm pressed against my neck.
"You need to interview in half an hour," I reminded him, my snarky tone ruined by the fact that I could hardly breathe.
"That's enough time to kill you and bury the body," He said, pressing his weight against his arm and cutting off my air. In his haste to suffocate me, he'd left my right arm free. I punched him in the stomach as hard as I could and used his momentary shock to flip him over, using my knees to pin his arms down.
"Checkmate," I said, smirking.
"Well played, young one. Well played," He nodded at me approvingly. I stood and helped him to his feet. He walked out towards the bathroom without another word.
Nessa, who had woken up when Alex jumped up, shook her head at me.
"Boys," she laughed. "So violent."
"Hey," I defended myself. "It worked, didn't it? He's up and getting ready to interview like Flyzik wanted him."
"And what about Jack? Doesn't he have to interview with Alex?" Nessa reminded me.
"Fuck." I walked to my brother's bunk, under mine and across from Alex. I pulled back his curtain and kicked his leg.
"Jaaaaaaaack! Wake the fuck up," I said.
"Fuck off," Jack muttered, burying his face in his pillow. God dammit. I continued to kick him.
"Flyzik. Needs. You. To. Interview!" I said, emphasizing each word with a kick. Jack groaned, but finally rolled over and sat up.
I turned and nearly ran into Vanessa, who was reaching into her bunk.
She was bent over, her hands searching her blankets, muttering, "Phone, phone, where are you?" Her pajama pants were hanging low, revealing the pale curves of her hips. My eyes traveled up her body appreciatively. Her hair was pulled into a messy bun, leaving her slightly tan neck bare. I stepped forward and placed my hands on her hips, kissing the back of her neck. She froze for half a second then immediately relaxed into me. She let her head fall back to rest on my shoulder. We stood in comfortable silence until our moment was effectively ruined by Jack climbing out of his bunk, giving me a weird look.
"Don't get too carried away, little brother. Remember that she is still Alex's baby sister," Jack warned me in French, looking at my hands, where I'd subconsciously started rubbing circles into Nessa's hips. Nessa didn't speak French like Jack and the rest of my family, but she understood enough to catch some of Jack's words, and pulled her pants up, blushing.
"Don't worry about me," I told my brother, still speaking in our first language. Jack nodded at us and walked out to the front lounge. Nessa put her hands on my neck and kissed me. I pulled back and wrinkled my nose.
"Go brush your teeth," I said teasingly.
"Izzy!" She slapped my arm, her face reddening. She stomped toward the bathroom and I laughed, grabbing her wrist.
"Babe! I was kidding! I love you," I said. She froze. Shit. Old habits die hard. I held my breath. Neither of us spoke, or even moved. The tension was broken when Alex walked out of the bathroom, giving us a questioning look.

"Be careful what you say, little brother," Jack said to me in French, materializing in the doorway.
"Lots of warnings in French today," I muttered, pushing past him and Alex and walking into the front lounge. Matt was typing away on his laptop, muttering about fall tour dates and album releases. Zack was on the phone with someone, fiddling with his camera. Colussy and the rest of the crew were gone; helping Vinny set up the merch tents. "Where are Rian and Cass?" I asked.
"Went for a walk," Matt answered without looking up from his laptop.
I sat in the couch and my brother sat next to me. Alex leaned against the counter.
I heard Celeste start crying in the other room and I immediately stood and walked to the back lounge. I found her on the floor, knees pulled up to her chest, crying into her hands.
"Celeste, baby, why are you crying?" I asked gently, pulling her into my lap. She locked her hands together behind my neck, burying her little face in my neck.
"I thought I was alone. That you forgot me," she said, shaking her head. "Where's Nessa?"
"Right here." Nessa walked through the door then, sitting down next to me and running her hand through her little sister's hair.
"Nessa! You didn't leave me," Cel rejoiced.
"Course not, silly," I said, ruffling her curls.
"We'd never leave you," promised Nessa.
"Never." I agreed. Each of us stood and Nessa took Celeste's hand, leading her to her bunk to get dressed.
Nessa returned and knelt on the couch, looking out the window.
"There are Ri and Cass," she pointed. I knelt next to her and looked out to where she was pointing.
"Yep," I nodded. "But, uh, why do we care?"
"Shhh," Nessa said, watching the couple as Cassadee looked at her feet and said something we couldn't hear.
"I can't read lips," I looked at Nessa. "And neither can you, unless it's me and you mouthing to each other."
"Shhhh, Izzy!" She swatted at me blindly, not taking her eyes off Rian and Cassadee. Rian said something, looking shocked, and Cass nodded. Rian's face broke out in a grin and pulled Cassadee into his arms, picking her up and spinning her around a few times. He set her down and leaned down to touch her stomach.
"She's pregnant?" I looked at Nessa, who nodded, smiling at the pair of them. "You knew," I stated. She nodded, finally turning away from the window.
"Rian and Cass are gonna have a baby. Wow," I said, unable to process the information.
"A baby," Nessa agreed. "How weird..."
"Nessa, cans I go play now?" Celeste asked, appearing in the doorway wearing a white tank top with 'All Time Low' written in cursive on it, a light pink skirt, and hot pink converse knee high boots.
"Yeah, just let me get your necklace and some earrings." Nessa walked to her bunk, Cel and I close behind. As Nessa climbed up to Celeste's bunk to get the jewelry box, I took the opportunity to appreciate what she was wearing: short shorts, a cut sleeve GK tee that exposed her lacy pink bra, and black knee high converse boots. Nessa fastened Cel's necklace and earrings and her own, slipping both of their ATL bracelets on.
Together we walked outside, Celeste skipping happily ahead of us. We passed the Lyman's bus and Kevin's daughters waved at us from the doorway as we passed. Celeste kept looking around, obviously looking for a particular bus, which was hard since they almost all looked the same. She grinned when she saw the moustache that meant she'd found Pierce The Veil's bus. Vic walked out just as we got to the door, smiling when he saw us.
"Well, hello, chiquita," he said to Cel, picking her up. Cel wasn't very good with strangers, but she'd taken to Vic quite nicely. She probably likes all the Spanish pet names.
"Nessa, can I stay with Vic today?" The little girl asked.
"Is that okay with you, Vic?" Nessa asked, looking at the singer, who was smiling at Celeste.
"Sure. We go on early today, I have to head to sound check right now, but I'd be happy to take her with me. The guys love her, so it wouldn't be a problem," he replied.
"Alright, but don't forget her ear plugs if she's gonna be side stage. They're in her backpack," she leaned down to her little sister. "You gonna be okay, baby?"
"Yes, Nessa," Cel chirped happily. As we walked away, we heard the bus door open and a chorus of "princesa!" from the rest of PTV.
I linked my fingers with Nessa's as we walked.
"So," I began.
"Yes?" Nessa looked up at me, her green eyes sparkling in the sun. I stopped walking and took her free hand in mine, ducking to look her in the eyes.
"Vanessa Nicole Gaskarth, will you go on a first date with me tonight?" I asked, getting down on one knee and kissing her hand.
"My, oh my," she said, faking an accent. "Why, I would be honored." I grinned and kissed her, feeling her smile against my lips.

****Nessa’s POV****

"VANESSA GASKARTH I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU DON'T OPEN THIS DOOR THIS INSTANT I WILL TELL IZZY YOU DIED!" I heard Tay's voice through the bathroom door of WATIC's bus.
"I'm going!" I yelled, taking one last look at myself in the mirror. I was wearing a pretty red tank top, jean shorts, and black high tops. My hair was in perfect beach waves thanks to Tay's handiwork. I stepped out of the bathroom and Tay grabbed me, pulling to the couch, where Cassadee's makeup was already set up on the table. Both girls immediately went to work on my face.
Ten minutes later, I was ready. My makeup looked light and pretty, soft pinks and subtle eyeliner.
"You're ready!" Cass and Tay beamed at me. Butterflies erupted in my stomach. As if sensing my distress, Cass and Tay each took one of hands reassuringly. They led me out of the bus and towards All Time Low's, just as Izzy stepped out, wearing black skinny jeans and a gray vest over a red v-neck. The butterflies flew violently against my ribs. Alex and Jack were close behind, Cel peeking out from behind Alex's leg. I stepped toward Izzy, dropping Cass and Tay's hands as he reached toward me. He pulled me into his arms and I melted into his embrace.
"This is so embarrassing," I whispered into his chest.
"Agreed," he whispered into my hair. "You smell good though."
"Thanks." We pulled away and blushed. Alex had his camera out and Jack had his phone's camera trained on us. Alex clapped Izzy on the shoulder.
"Take care of our princess, Iz," Alex said sternly, using my father's old pet-name for me.
"You be good, baby girl," Jack said, using his own pet-name for me.
"Yes, brother," Izzy and I said in unison.

Izzy and I walked in comfortable silence. My phone started buzzing uncontrollably and apparently Izzy's did too, because we both pulled them out and they were still buzzing. Each of us had 60 and counting notifications from instagram and twitter. The first said: @AlexAllTimeLow: They grow up so fast. little sis and little Barakat. Attached was an instagram photo of Izzy and me hugging. The next said: @JackAllTimeLow: Baby girl isn't a baby anymore. Take care of her, Isaac! Attached to Jack's tweet was an instagram picture of both us walking away hand in hand. All the rest were comments and tweets from fan girls. Shrugging, we both turned off notification sounds and returned our phones to our pockets.

***
The sounds of arcade games, conversation, and laughter filled my ears and I smiled. Izzy had taken me to Chuck E Cheese and we were currently playing some sort of first person shooting game involving giant spiders in some sort of jungle. The game was supposedly a “love calculator” as well, so Izzy kept shooting the spiders in front of me instead of protecting himself, and consequently dying quite a bit.

“So Marky asked you to model for GK?” Izzy asked.
“Yeah, he saw me with Alex today and asked me if I would be interested in modeling for him and I said, ‘You want ME to model for GK? Yes? Hell fucking yes,” I replied.
“What’d Alex say?”
“He said not to curse at Marky like that,” I made face and Izzy laughed. I jumped as a giant spider appeared in directly in front of my character.
“Not today, arachnid!” Izzy said, shooting rapidly at it. The spider wasted no time in eating him.
“Izzy, god damn, we’ve wasted like 4 bucks on your stupid ‘chivalry’ act,” I laughed as I inserted yet another quarter for my boyfriend. He pouted as the level loaded and I leaned over and kissed his cheek. “Don’t worry,” I said after I pulled away. “I think it’s sweet.” He grinned.
The level finished loading then, and he promptly threw his character between mine and a giant spider, costing himself yet another life. He cursed under his breath and I laughed, shaking my head.

My boyfriend. My stupid, stupid, over protective, decidedly chivalrous, boyfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am a terrible author!
I came off hiatus just to go back.
Seriously, I suck and I am so so sooo sorry :(

Anyways, here's the next chapter, dedicated as always to my lovely friend and excellent beta: Faith!
And of course, this chapter is dedicated to you! All of you who commented and subscribed and harassed me about updating!
I love you guys!

~Ninja