Status: Hiatus. I'm so sorry. (tumblr: isitwarpedtouryet)

The Beach

Chapter 4

One week later

Nessa's POV:

It was after Never Shout Never's set, and Izzy, Cel and I were hanging back stage during the guys' set. I could here my brother singing Break Your Little Heart from my place on the couch. My best friend was next to me, my baby sister in his lap. The song ended and we could hear our brother's banter on stage.
"We're All Time Low, thank you for having us!" Came my brother's voice. The fans cheered loudly.
"Warped 2012! FUCK YEAH!" Came Jacky's voice next. The fans roared in delight.
"Jack came onto me last night when we were drunk!" was Lex's response. The fans cheering grew louder. "But it wasn't weird. And I''l tell you why it isn't weird-" Alex continued, only to be cut off by the fans chanting, "JALEX! JALEX! JALEX!"
"Jalex! Jalex!" Zack joined in, chanting into his mic. I could picture Alex and Jack turning to flip him off before turning back to their mics.
"What do you want?" asked Jack. Wrong question... I thought, just as the fans began cheering, "KISS! KISS! KISS!" By this time, Izzy and I had wandered to side stage, watching our brother's amusingly. Jordan was watching Celeste backstage. I watched as Alex shrugged, then walked over to where Jack was standing and kissing him for a good 3 seconds. I was amazed that the boys weren't blinded by the amount of camera flashes that went off in that moment. Ow, my eyes. Just then, Alex noticed us and whispered something to Jack, pointing in our direction.
"HEY! NESSA AND IZZY! GET THE FUCK OUT HERE!" Jack screamed into his mic. No way in hell, Jacky. I thought, shaking my head. Izzy, however, seemed to have other ideas, taking my hand and dragging me on stage with him. I pulled away from him and screamed. "NO WAY! NO WAY! NO!" Izzy simply smirked at me and threw me lightly over his shoulder. Asshole. The boys on stage cheered along with the fans as we came into view. Izzy carried me to the center of the stage, setting me down lightly between Jack and Alex. I glared at him and he intertwined our fingers, squeezing my hand to comfort me. Alex threw one arm around me, Jack threw his arm around Izzy.
"I'd like to introduce you guys to these people right here," began Alex.
"This little fucker is my baby brother, Izzy!" Jack yelled into his mic. The crowd roared.
"And this," said Alex, gesturing toward me. "Is my baby sister, Nessa." Again, the crowd cheered. "This song is called Lost In Stereo and it goes a little like this," said Alex, moving away from us and starting the intro for Lost In Stereo on his guitar. Izzy and I started dancing on the stage like idiots, belting the lyrics. The boys were all laughing at us, and the crowd was eating it up. Halfway through the song, I started sweating really bad. It's nothing. Just the heat. All the boys are sweating really bad... I thought to myself. But the boys have been out here for half hour. You've been here for two minutes. This is bad. Izzy noticed my hands sweating in his and he looked at me, silently asking me if I needed to get off stage. I shook my head no. I'll go chew a few of my glucose tablets after the song. Izzy looked at me apprehensively but he continued dancing with me anyway. Izzy worries too much. It's nothing. I repeated over and over again in my head. Then I started to feel lightheaded. Crap. I looked at Izzy like: we need to go now. He nodded and started to dance me toward side stage. We were halfway there when I collapsed. I saw Izzy looking down at me, a look of fear on his face, and then everything went black.

Izzy's POV:
I stared, dumbfounded, at Nessa for a few seconds before everything clicked into place. She was sweating because her blood sugar was too low. Find her glucose shots! I ran off the stage to the back, searching for her backpack. Fuck, fuck, fuck. There! I grabbed it and ran. I was vaguely aware of everyone's eyes on me as I ran back out on stage. Zack had stepped up to his mic and was finishing the last verse of the song. Alex was at Vanessa's side.
"Do you know how to give her the shot?" Alex asked.
I nodded. I knew how to. I'd seen it done before but I'd never done it myself. I grabbed on of the needles out of the bag, and without a second's hesitation, pushed into Nessa's shoulder. Alex pulled her insulin pump/glucose monitor out of her pocket and read it.
"She's good. Her glucose levels are okay."
"Go finish the set," I nodded toward his mic stand. The song was now over and the rest of the band (and crowd) were waiting to see if Alex would get back out there.
"I can't leave her," said Alex.
"GO!" I said firmly. "There are people here who've traveled eight hours, eight hours, 'Lex, just to see you. Don't disappoint them."
Alex nodded solemnly before running back to his mic. I threw Nessa's backpack over my shoulder and took her into my arms, carrying her bridal style to the back. I laid her on the couch and Jordan, Katelyn and Celeste all looked at me questioningly.
"Her blood sugar was too low. She fainted on stage." I explained. Celeste nodded but Jordan and Katelyn only looked more confused. Oh! They don't know!
"Vanessa is a Type 1 diabetic. Her pancreas doesn't produce insulin, which controls glucose levels. She wears an insulin pump that also monitors her glucose levels. The insulin pump will produce lots of insulin if she has a lot of glucose, but if she doesn't have enough, it can't do anything. She usually just eats a candy or something. If its more severe, she chews a few glucose tablets. If it drops way too low, she faints, like she did today. I had to give her a glucose shot."
"Does that...happen a lot?" asked Katelyn.
"No," I shook my head. "It's only happened once before. When we were eleven. Her dad gave her the shot, but after that, he taught me how to do it, in case it happened when he wasn't around." Like today. I took Nessa's hand in my own and squeezed it. Come on, babe. Show me you're there. She squeezed it back and I breathed a sigh of relief. She's okay, she's okay, she'sokay. Vanessa stirred, sitting up sleepily.
"Mmmm," she mumbled. "What happened?"
"You fainted." I answered.
"Huh. I think I'm gonna take a nap..." She lay back down on the couch and closed her eyes, still holding my hand. I sat with my back against the couch and soon I was asleep too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello there, my lovelies!
Dun dun dun, Nessa has diabetes! (That's why she felt faint in the first chapter and Izzy gave her a candy!)
outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/just_calm_down_traumas_on/set?id=44113845
This feels short, but frankly, I am exhausted.
PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS. I would love to know what you think!
~Ninja <3