Status: Hiatus. I'm so sorry. (tumblr: isitwarpedtouryet)

The Beach

Chapter 8

**The Next Day, Izzy's POV**
I was lazing around in the back lounge, aimlessly strumming one of Jack or Alex's guitars. Who can keep track? Not me. Nessa walked in and sat next to me, having just put Celeste down for a nap. Nessa immediately took the guitar from me.
"Hey!" I protested.
"Oh, shut up. You're not even supposed to be using your hand," she retorted. I frowned, but my mood was improved as soon as she started playing a familiar tune. After a few minutes, she looked at me like, 'sing!' I smiled and started singing the song we both knew so well.
"If it's not those cowboy boots in the summer
Oh my God, I'd pray for another
Chance to drive down back highways
Till I stumble upon your beautiful face
Your presence isn't what kills me
It's that artistic gleam
It's takin' over my scenery
dream by dream,
" I sang, staring into those jade green eyes I love so much.
She rewarded me with a little smile and a blush.
"You might think I'm incapable
of loving a soul like yours
You might think I'm a fool
for you,
" I continued singing.
She joined me, her voice harmonizing perfectly with mine, on the chorus,
"'Cause girl you got style
and that's what I love about you
The way that you sit back
(Oh, how you sit back)
and watch this grow
You got dreams
and therefore I believe in you
All the small town people with their
big remarks
They ain't got jack to say
about my movie star
She's got style
ba da da da
da da da da da da
ba da da da
She's got style.
"
I sang the next verse, my favorite because it applied to Nessa and I so perfectly.
"If it's not the
fact that I'm a wee bit younger
Or the truth that I'm so naive
My heart keeps leaping back to you
like a dog tied to a tree
I know it sounds crazy
it's ridiculous to me
But without you by my side,
girl
You might think I'm incapable
of loving a soul like yours
You might think I'm a fool
for you.
"
Nessa joined me again on the chorus and last verse, neither of us breaking eye contact for even a second.
"Cause girl you got style
and that's what I love about you
The way that you sit back
(Oh, how you sit back)
and watch this grow
You got dreams
and therefore I believe in you
All the small town people with their
big remarks
They ain't got jack to say about my
movie star

What are the odds
of finding someone just like you
Tell me why I never wanted to go back home (I never wanted to)
I'm still falling for you
today.
"

Then, I did something I've wanted to do for a very very long time. I couldn't resist, she looked so beautiful, her bangs falling over her eyes, her pink lips turned up in a smile, looking at me with those bright, happy eyes. I couldn't control myself. I leaned forward, pressing my lips to hers. My heart sank when she stayed frozen, but just as I was about to pull away, she returned the pressure. There was no tongue, and I pulled away after maybe twenty seconds, but it was perfect. My first kiss. Her first kiss. Our first kiss. I pulled away and both of us just stared at each other, she blushed and coyly tipped her head and smiled up at me, looking at me through her long lashes. Then Alex and Jack burst into the back lounge and I jumped away from her.
"What's up?" asked Jack.
"You two look like you've seen a ghost or something," commented Alex.
"Nothing," Nessa and I said in unison. Alex and Jack looked at us suspiciously but said nothing.

***later that day, Nessa's POV***

Tay was running around on stage, looking as beautiful and happy as you'll ever see her, completely in her element on stage. They finished Exits and Entrances and the crowd cheered.
"So, this next song is also from our new album. I want to hear you guys singing!" She said, into her mic, then began to walk around stage again as the boys began playing the beginning of Kiss Me Again. I heard my brother's voice amplified through the speakers, but we couldn't see him, as he began to sing the first verse. By the time he was done with the verse he had walked out onto the stage and was standing next to Tay, who then sang her verse, and so on. About halfway through the song, Alex wrapped his arm around Tay from behind, when it was only her singing and kissed the top of her head. She smiled and leaned back into his chest, still singing. I smiled at the two of them. Izzy had his arm wound tightly around my waist, and leaned down to whisper-well, more like yell-in my ear, "He likes her."
I nodded. "And she likes him. Just look at her. She looks fucking ecstatic," I said. He nodded and we went back to singing along with Alex and Tay. We hadn't spoken about the kiss. Izzy was acting like it never happened. It left me wondering where we stood. I sighed. I don't need to worry about that now. Right now I just need to sing along with Alex and Tay and try to be happy that Izzy kissed me at all.

**
Izzy and I were helping Jason sell TRS's merch, while Celeste was helping Vinny sell ATL's. The boys had asked us to help with the merch today since it was one of the largest and most crowded venues on the tour. Celeste stood on a stool next to Vinny, yelling, and playing up her baby voice, "All Time Low t-shirts! Twenty dollars! CDs! Ten dollars! Bracelets! Five dollars!" Evidently, using Celeste as advertisement worked, because lots of people were 'aww'ing and going over there to say 'how sweet and cute' she was, then Celeste would charm them into buying something. She was marketing gold. She was dressed as Jessi from Toy Story today, only adding to the effect.
After the boys set, I decided it was time to go. Dinner time. I walked behind ATL's table and scooped her up in my arms, making her giggle.
"Time to go, baby doll," I said.
"Okay. Will you carry me the whole way?" She asked. I smiled.
"Sure, why not?" I said. She giggled as I carried her bridal style all the way to the bus. I set her on her feet outside and told Izzy to watch her while I found her some food. I ran into the bus and made three Ramens, pulling out two Gatorade's for Izzy and I, and a juice box for Celeste. We all sat down outside the bus, toward the back, away from the boys and their fan girls, and ate our 'dinner.' Celeste sat between Izzy and I, getting noodles all over her shirt, much to Izzy's amusement and my dismay. After a while, Alex walked over and sat next to me. He stole my fork and started eating my Ramen. I hit him over the head with my Gatorade bottle.
"Ow! Stop hitting!" He complained.
"Steal someone else's food then!" I stuck my tongue out at him and took my food and fork back. Alex pouted and went back to fans. I rolled my eyes. My brother's an idiot. But I love him. After we finished eating, Celeste crawled into Izzy's lap and promptly fell asleep there, creating a sight that melted my heart. Izzy carried her onto the bus and I followed him, changing her into her Tinkerbell pj's and tucking her into bed, er..into..bunk? Izzy and I went back outside, talking about nothings, and ventured closer to the boys. We both liked watching them interact with their fans.
A girl with long, pretty, brown curls approached Alex and asked him to sign her CD. She was in tears. Alex smiled warmly at her and asked her name.
"Delilah," she said.
"What a pretty name, for a pretty girl," said Alex, causing Delilah to laugh and cry even harder.
"Thank you," she said, after her sobs subsided.
"For what?" Asked Alex.
"For making me feel beautiful and loved and being the voice in my headphones that gets me through everyday," she said.
Alex smiled. "I do my best." He opened his arms and she sobbed and hugged him hard, Alex rubbing soothing circles on her back.
"You saved me," she whispered. Alex let go and handed the girl her CD, but when she reached for it, her long sleeves fell down her arms, revealing wrists covering in straight red lines. Alex gasped audibly.
"When?" He asked. "When was the last time?"
She looked ashamed when she said, "Last week."
He took her face in his hands and looked her dead in the eye. "You are beautiful, and perfect, to me. Please, promise me you won't ever do it again. For me. I love you."
Tears rolled down her cheeks as she shakily whispered, "I promise." A car pulled up and honked. "That's my mom," said Delilah. Alex nodded and kissed her cheek before she ran to her mom's car. I didn't know who she was, where she was from, or what her story was. All I did know was that my brother might have just saved her life. I've never been so proud of Alex then I was in that moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Watcha think?
Wanted you to see Alex interacting with fans.
And Izzy finally kissed Nessa, wooo!
This is dedicated to meet-me-on-thames-st on tumblr who asked alltimefanfiction about my story, and to flyzikcakes because she's the only one who has ever given me feedback, lol.
OUTFIT: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=46560066
I love you guys!<3