Status: I'm trying to post as often as possible

Funny Seeing You Here

Chapter 8

"Sammi, wake up," I looked over and saw Sonny still laying next to me.

"Oh, Good morning. What time is it?" I smiled and stretched until I felt pain.

He checked the clock on his phone, "Almost 12. The nurse didn't want to wake you up yet but I got bored," He just smiled. I laughed at him and cuddled up next to him. "Hey Sammi, I have a question."

"What is it Sonny?"

"Why aren't your parents here? Don't hospitals call family or something?" he asked.

"Yeah," I sighed. "Well, my mom left when I was about 10, she cheated on my dad and became addicted to drugs, she later contacted me, maybe two years later, we talked for about a month before she overdosed. I became very close to my dad. So close I was afraid to leave sometimes. It caused me to lose friends and become quite the outcast. Lacy stayed my friend. My only friend. I had known her since my mom left. We had met that year. Some times I wanted nothing to do with her. She kept pushing and pushing me to get out more, to talk to her, to try and make friends. She introduced me to music. The type of music I listen to now. It saved me. I felt like other people understood me. I had really taken a liking to your band when you had come out. I had even been to a couple shows. Anyways, back on topic. I lost my dad two years back. I was on his way to his house on Christmas eve. It was really snowy, you could barely see in front of you while driving. He called me, saying he was running up to the store. I was on the phone with him at the time, All I could hear was some screaming and crashing after a few seconds the scream had ended. It was completely silent. An eerie silence, the type of silence that you never want to hear," I finished. I hadn't realized that tears were streaming down my cheeks. Sonny wiped them from my cheeks.

"Wow, that's a lot," said Sonny as he kissed my forehead. I just nodded and wiped my tears.

"You'll be alright babe," whispered Sonny as he rubbed my back. I nodded

"Hey, Sonny?" I sniffled.

"Yes, Sammi?"

"What happened to Rickey?"

"He's in prison, you won't have to deal with him again." he replied. I was overjoyed.

"We should probably call the nurse, huh?" I pressed a little button next to my bed as Sonny nodded in agreement. Minutes later the nurse had appeared.

"Oh, you're awake," she said.

"Yeah. I was told you needed to do some tests?" She nodded and held up a finger and left. Twenty minutes later a different woman had appeared with a warm smile.

"Hi, Sammie is it?" She questioned as she looked at a chart. I nodded. "All I need to do it take some blood. We'll be back with the results by tonight or tomorrow morning depending on how it goes." I nodded again.

She pulled out a big needle, I flinched. I didn't like needles. I looked over at Sonny and he held my hand reassuringly. There was a pinch and some pressure and it was over.

"That's all, the nurse will be back later to bathe you," said the woman as she walked away. I looked over at Sonny worried.

"How much longer do you think I have?" I asked. He looked up and thought to himself for a minute.

"Three, four days. I don't think anythings wrong but broken bones. And you have healed quite a bit according to the doctor. You just have a couple broken ribs they can wrap that up and send you on your way with meds. I think they're worried that you are going to have issues from blood loss." I nodded.

"What would I have done If you weren't there?" I asked Sonny.

"You may have died," he replied with a sad face.

"I think I would've, I owe my life to you. Thank you for saving me," I said as I pecked Sonny on the lips. He kissed me back and smiled.

"Are you hungry?" asked Sonny as my stomach growled. We both laughed. "What would you like?"

I thought for a moment, "Hmm. I don't know if they have it but mac and cheese sounds really good right now."

Sonny carefully slid out of the bed, "I shall return my lady," was all he said as he ran towards the cafe. I just laughed. He was beginning to mean quite a bit to me. I decided I was gunna take a quick nap before he came back and drifted to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
2 updates in a day. :) I have overcome writers block.