Status: Active.

Making Her Mine

002

“Yeah, now that I think about it, I haven’t heard any of their stuff…..” Jake trailed off, while looking at what CC had put to load.

“Dude, what the hell is that??! I don’t wanna watch some random little girl play ping-pong with her cat for 20 minutes!” Jake complained.

CC laughed once more at the video that had already started playing before sighting in defeat and clicking the Youtube logo to be re-directed to the main page.

“Well, what DO you wanna watch then?” he asked Jake, with a tad bit of CC attitude; which is hilarious might I add.

Jake gave us a look, obviously having no ideas as to what to waste our remaining 20 minutes till we arrived at Jinxx’s, with. Ashley looked up at me, his eyebrows furrowed and this serious expression on his face. That was, well, his thinking face.

“How about…” I started and everyone’s attention and eyes were on me as if I was the only human left on the planet and they were 6 days starved zombies.

“What? How about what?!” CC seemed beyond agog, more than normal for him.

I swallowed, now afraid.

“How about w-we watch some music videos or listen to…to some of this band’s stuff?”

Everyone looked calmed now, even CC, and relief washed through me. Ashley patted my back, apparently happy with the recommendation. CC quickly turned his attention back to his laptop in an attempt to type something in the search box but paused when he realized something.

“Uhh, guys? What’s the band’s name again?”

A chorus of laughs erupted as we tried to remember the name. I honestly had heard it several times from my dad, but, now I just couldn’t remember it.

“Jesus for…Jesus for something, wasn’t it?” Jake asked us.

It had something to do with that, but I was more than certain that it wasn’t quite that.

“Jesus….” CC started to see if he could come up with something

After trying so hard to remember, I finally did.

“I think it’s…”

“Buddha for Mary!” Ashley screamed, beating me at it.

Oh, I should have known. That thinking face didn’t appeared just to wonder around in thoughts, it actually did thinking.

“Yup, that’s it. I was just about to say that, though. Seriously…” I poked him in his sides.

“Yeahhh, right. I bet you were….” he giggled as he tried to get away from my slender pale fingers.

“I so was! But no one’s gonna belive me, right?” I asked the other two, who eyes were focused on the screen, as CC typed down the band’s name.

“Not at all. Now, hush, and let’s hear their shit” Ashley shushed me.

I scooted closer to the small table that was placed in front of the long couch, just to try and get a closer look at the song’s name.

Eternal State of Mind

Hum, the name’s kind of cool….

A strong and well built intro of electric guitars and a bit of synthesizers or whatever it was that was used to create that futuristic space like sound, started sounding from the computer’s speakers. It was something quiet…unique, to be completely honest.
Nothing like the stuff I’m use to listening. Thinking about that unique sound, had me starting to wonder what genre was this.

“With the lights out it's a little less dangerous., even with a stranger never gets painless. Don't be afraid….” a soft yet firmly present feminine voice started singing, almost half whispering.

“Every time I think I'm gonna change it….. it's driving me insane!” she fully sang now, not whispering anymore.

The emotion that was somehow captured in the voice when this was recorded was just….breathtaking.

“Do you live, do you die, do you bleed for the fantasy?”

The singer delivered such strong emotions, a mix of desperation, questioning and lonesome.

“In your mind, through your eyes, do you see? It's the fantasy” her voice there, just demanded for realization.

I was getting goose bumps from listening to the song, mainly cause of the lyrics and emotionally charged vocals. I felt as if she was, somehow, directing herself towards me.

“Maybe tonight we can forget about it all…” there was a soft chuckle after that part that just threw me over the edge.

“Dude, you okay??” Ashley asked me, attracting the other’s attention as well.

Jake’s eyes widened and CC just chuckled at bit. If only someone could tell me what was so chuckle worthy.

“Yeah. Man, you alright?! You look like you just saw a ghost or something…”Jake loudly asked to be heard over the music that was still playing.

I glanced down at Ashley.

“I’m…ok. I’m just startled fr-from starting a tour again and stuff… a-and I’m just gonna take a good rest meanwhile. I-I didn’t get enough, ya know….”

“Sleep?” CC suggested.

“Y-yeah. That. Well, wake me up on our first stop after picking up Jinxx”.

I quickly got up and made my way once again down the hall to the bunks. My bag was messily lying on the made bed with stuff spilling out of it. I just pushed everything back in and threw it the bunk across.

I plopped myself onto the not so comfty bed and pulled out my phone. I opened the iTunes app and went to the store. I typed in Buddah for Mary and came across 14 songs. I clicked on the download album button, logged in and finished the process. I closed my eyes as I waited for the download to be complete. A soft beep from my phone alerted me that it had been all done and I clicked the album and a random song in it started playing.

I got up quickly to grab my earphones from my suitcase and took my place back on the bed. With my, for some random reason, shaky hands I put the earphones in my ears and started listening to the already started song. I closed my eyes, only focusing on her voice as I tried.

Tried to forget.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, the band's name is to be given credit to a 30 Seconds to Mars song and the song "Eternal State of Mind" is actually the song "The Fantasy" also by 30STM.
I wrote this today and didn't expect it to be like this, I was gonna write something more mushy of his first impression of her voice, I wasn't planning on having him so effected in a not sane way like this XD

Anyways, THANK YOU to who ever is reading this. Means ALOT. Also COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE if you can, will ya?
It's not that hard ;)