Status: I am starting this on January 30th. My goal is to have it completed by March 30th. WISH ME LUCK :D

I Don't Want This to Make Things Awkward

September 4th

"Well, get over it dude. She is just a girl. Nobody important." Matt said into the phone while spread eagle on his bed at Lyle's. He had about 30 days until his trial and he was fucked. So he figured he should make the most of it right? "In fact, let's go out tonight. We'll get trashed, pick up a few girls, and sleep on a bench somewhere."

"No thanks, I have plans." Nate was steamed. Just a girl? Zoe was not just a girl. "With Zoe." And with that, he disconnected. Furious at himself for getting so worked up before 7am, he dropped his head on the wooden desk over and over before standing up and turning to get the lights. That's when he saw her standing in the doorway.

Her blonde hair was loose, slighty curling around her shoulders. A creamy white tank was tucked into a mulit-colored skirt and the brown heels gave her the height that put them about eye level. And her eyes were wet, staring at him with an intensity that he wasn't sure was healthy for them.

"Zoe..." Nate was positive something bad was going to happen. She was going to leave him high and dry because of the Stephani thing and then she was going to key his car because she overheard Matt. Shit.

"Don't even say anything." Zoe walked over to where he stood. She reached her hand up to his cheek and stared at him. "Kiss me."

So he did.

Then the bell rang.

"Can you stay after class so we can talk? My planning is after this. Please Zoe?" Nate asked of her when all he wanted to do was lock his door and kiss her all day.

"Of course." She looked at him for another second, then grabbed her bag off his desk and breezed out of the door. Nate sat down hard and took a deep breath. They had twenty minutes before first block started and he needed the time to compose himself. Damn.

~~~~~~

Zoe met her best friend in the parking lot for the students. Sally Roscoe got out of the car, dressed classy as usual, and looked at her. "Why are you here so early?"

"He told me to come before seven, so I woke up early." Zoe laughed and brushed off her look. "Come on, we have english. Oh joy!" Sally joined the laughter and they walked toward school together.

"I hope you know what you're doing Zoe. I really do."
♠ ♠ ♠
Wait. Does Sally know?? oooooh :))))

comments??