Status: I am starting this on January 30th. My goal is to have it completed by March 30th. WISH ME LUCK :D

I Don't Want This to Make Things Awkward

August 20th

The moment Lyle walked in the police station, Nate could tell. Everybody stopped talking and heads turned. He had that way about him that commanded everybody's attention. Always the lawyer, Nate thought. He couldn't even see him, but he could imagine the scene on the other side of the wall. Lyle would flirt with the secretary for a minute, then demand to speak with the head officer. The latter man would cower over with questions written all over his face. Sure enough, thirty seconds later a man hurried around the partition and unlocked the cell door.

"Uhm, Nate and Matt Bond? Your brother is here for you."

~~~~~~

"Dude, I'm telling you. You promised me I would never have to pick you up from jail again." Lyle spoke in hushed tones in the semi-empty coffee shop. Nate was thinking about the blonde girl from that morning. "Are you listening to me?"

"Yeah man. I understand, but this wasn't my fault. I went to bail Matt out and then they searched my name. I guess convicts can't pick other convicts up. Fucking idiots. The next thing I knew the cop was handcuffing me!"

"Nate, I can't keep doing this. You're paying me back. For Matt and yourself."

"Lyle! I can't afford that and you know it!"

"If you can afford the hookers and drinking, you could pay me back in a year probably." Lyle ordered for himself and Nate when the waitress came over. As soon as she walked two feet away, Nate snapped.

"You want me to pay back thirty thousand dollars to you in a YEAR? Twelve months? Fuck you Lyle." He turned around to leave.

"Then sit down." Lyle folded his hands around his coffee mug and took a deep breath. "I've called in a favor and I think it will help you. If you are willing to quit the drinking and have an actual job, you don't have to pay me back. We'll call it even."

"What is it?" Nate asked cautiously.

"You're going to teach senior English at McKennan High School down the street."
♠ ♠ ♠
so omg! i am so excited you all like this so far! (its also my first real attempt at writing from a boys point of view too! btw).

Thank you so much :D