Status: I am starting this on January 30th. My goal is to have it completed by March 30th. WISH ME LUCK :D

I Don't Want This to Make Things Awkward

August 27th, August 28th

Nate couldn't even get drink the first night of school. Lyle came and picked him at five and they went out. 

"Dude, do we have to be here right now?" Lyle asked. He had agreed to let Nate pick the restaurant since he was making him go shopping for work clothes. 

"Yeah, this is my favorite place. And it's all your fault I'm in this shitty mood." Ever since Zoe had kissed him today, Nate had been on edge. He wished she was here instead of Lyle. 

Especially since he knew absolutely
nothing about her. Maybe he could take her out to dinner and they could just drive an hour away first. He was thinking about good places to eat when Lyle punched him on the shoulder. 

"Dude you're not paying attention to me at all. This is fucking important. And not about you. He's following your footsteps and not even realizing it. You need to help him. Introduce him to your old sponsor. I mean obviously you don't talk to Sony anymore but maybe he would be willing to talk to Matt? I'm worried bro." Lyle had such a look on his face that Nate immediately felt bad for zoning out. 

"I'm sorry man. Why do you think me talking to him is going to change anything? It didn't do anything for me when you guys talked to me."

"Yeah, but none of us had gone through anything like that before. Dude, they arrested him for marijuana and a blood alcohol level of 1.4. I'm going to try to get him off, but he's fucked." 

"Fuck. Ohk man, I'll talk to him. I just don't know if I can even do anything at this point."

"Just try please. We don't need to lose more family." Lyle stood up after throwing some cash down for a tip. "Come on Nate. We have got to get you some stuff for work."

~~~~~~

Nate woke up in time to shower and think about the upcoming hours. He got to see Zoe. Well and the other students. He realized he would have to start planning for classes and actually pick a book to read. That's what they did in English classes right? 

Nate got ready, made sure he had his keys and walked to his car. 

Zoe woke up an hour earlier than her usual 5:30am and took a long shower. Her outfit was laid out on her bed and her breakfast was cooling on her nightstand. 

She was actually excited for school today. Realizing this she laughed at her naivety, got dressed and walked out to her car. 
♠ ♠ ♠
So!!! I have over 100 readers! You guys are the best!

I hope you truly like the story! Give me feedback if you want or tell me where you think the story is going :)

Thanks everyone!!