Recall

Chapter Three

A short nurse with bushy black hair walked in. "Hi, Mr. Urie, how are you feeling?" her voice was deliberately cheerful. "Dizzy." Brendon said, realizing it was true. She wrote something down on her clipboard. "Did you remember anything?" she asked, and he nodded. "I can't remember her face, but there was a girl..." The nurse smiled and put the clipboard facedown on the bed, reaching into her pocket. When she withdrew it, she held a picture of a smiling black haired girl all dressed in green. "Was this the girl?" She asked, and Brendon nodded in shock. "That was your sister, Alice."

"What do you mean, 'was?'" Brendon demanded, and the nurse went pale. "W-what?" the nurse stammered. "Well, you did you the past tense. Do I not have a sister anymore?" Brendon asked patiently. There wasn't an answer- the nurse left them room hurriedly.

Five minutes later, a new doctor appeared. His name tag was indecipherable, and Brendon had never seen him before. "Hello, Brendon. May I call you Brendon?" Brendon raised his eyebrows. "You're going to anyway, i suppose, so why the fuck not." The doctor continued as if he hadn't heard. "The drug in your system is, as you know, completely experimental. It's called simply 'Recall.' It latches onto your blood cells and absorbs. Basically, it becomes your blood."