Status: In Progress

You're Pretty From Afar

thirteen.

I don’t know how Mia persuaded me to agree to this but it was already a stupid idea.

We were all currently on the flight to Vegas to join Warped Tour, so far things had been better than I thought they would be. There wasn’t any awkwardness or tension between Josh and I, so I was pretty relaxed and actually excited for the rest of the tour. Dan and I were sitting next to each other and he had fallen asleep on my shoulder, I wouldn’t mind but his head was kind of heavy and he had the window next to him to lean on so why did he need me? I tried to wriggle out of it without waking him but he wasn’t budging and was in a deep sleep. Mia and Max were behind us and both sleeping too so I had to see if either Josh or Matt in front would swap with me.

It was night time and I was probably one of the only people on the plane that was wide awake so I had to be really gentle and quiet, “Oi,” I whispered and tapped Matt who was in front of me, “Matt, are you awake?”

“Well I am now,” he laughed softly and turned to face me in his seat.

“Shit sorry, I was just wondering if you or Josh would be a gentlemen and swap with me because Dan’s head is fucking heavy,” I motioned towards it on my shoulder.

“Don’t worry I wasn’t asleep but yeah I will if you want, Josh is already asleep I think so I may as well,” he said as he undid his seatbelt.

“Thank you, I owe you,” I smiled as we swapped seats.

I sat down next to Josh and suddenly felt a bit aware of sitting there because I wanted to sleep but as stupid as it may sound I would feel uncomfortable and vulnerable just falling asleep next to him. I leant down to the floor to grab the pillow for my head so I could relax a bit more than I was.

“You’re not Matt,” Josh’s rusty voice spoke from beside me.

“How observant of you Josh,” I smiled lightly.

Josh looked really confused, like a little lost boy, “Where’d he go?”

I pointed through the gap of the seats to Matt and Dan who were now practically cuddling each other with Dan’s head on Matt’s shoulder and Matt leaning in towards him. Josh pulled his head away from the seat and just laughed, “I knew they couldn’t stay away from each other much longer!”

A grin spread across my face, “Dan’s head got really heavy and my shoulder couldn’t take it anymore so Matt agreed to swap with me like the gentlemen he is.”

“He didn’t swap for you, he only did it so he could cuddle up to Dan,” he smirked.

I don’t know what came across me but a giggle escaped through my lips and I couldn’t stop smiling. Josh got his phone out and placed it through the gap, “What are you doing?”

“I’m not going to let them ever forget this, I have to document it! Then of course I’ll post it on twitter and they will be exposed, everyone already thinks Dan is gay so it sort of works out,” he winked.

Josh and I must have fallen asleep after we ended up hysterics over Matt and Dan and it wasn’t until the plane hit the ground that I woke up. Somehow I had ended up with my head on Josh’s shoulder of which I felt extremely uncomfortable, but what was weirder was that I couldn’t retreat it because Josh’s head was rested on mine. I was suddenly aware that Josh’s hand was resting on my thigh, I could feel the heat burning through my jeans and I was at a loss at what to do.

The plane hit the ground once more and Josh jumped awake, his hand removed from my thigh immediately but he seemed to be oblivious to the position we were just in.

I looked awkwardly at him and a wave of realisation hit him, “Oh shit sorry, umm…” he ran a hand through his hair nervously.

I didn’t say anything just gave him a weak smile and gathered my things waiting for the seatbelt sign to turn off. I got up as quickly as I good and walked past Mia who had obviously only just woken up too. She looked at me and frowned mouthing, “What’s wrong?” to me- I simply gave her a look which told her I’d tell her later.

This was going to be interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second update of the day, not sure when the next one will be.
Hope you like where this is going and if you don't let me know how you want it to go and if you do just tell me you like it, it means a lot! Thanks for reading xoxoxo