Status: In Progress

You're Pretty From Afar

fifteen

Just as I was thinking things with Josh were okay, Max decides to drop the bombshell, again, that Holly would be joining us the next day- great.

I hadn’t ever actually met Holly so I didn’t have the right to judge her, I just couldn’t bear the thought of having to watch her and Josh all over each other right in front of me, it would be torturous. The fact that I knew the guys really liked her and got on with her made it worse than anything because I wasn’t able to talk to any of them about it or I’d just seem bitter and bitchy- I really tried not to be but it was so hard to try and like her, I didn’t know how I was going to do it.

“Hey Lily,” Josh walked onto the bus heading straight towards the fridge, “you want anything?”

I kept my eyes on the magazine I was reading, “No thanks,” I smiled.

This was one of those moments where you just want to be alone and the last person you need right now is hanging around like a bad smell. Josh leapt onto the sofa, opened his beer and just lay staring at the ceiling quietly.

The silence became unbearable for me so I interrupted Josh’s thinking, “Shouldn’t you be somewhere?”

He turned to look at me, “Nope, I did press yesterday so now it’s their turn,” he smiled, “I’m bored, can we go do something?”

“Like what? It’s too hot outside,” I moaned, really not feeling like getting up or hanging out with Josh.

Josh stood up, “Come on Lils, it’ll be fun! We can go explore!” he grinned.

I raised an eyebrow at him, “How old are you?” I asked sarcastically.

“No, I’m just bored and want to do something fun but you’re being a bore!” he stomped.

“I’m tired,” I groaned.

“Fine,” Josh pouted and walked to the bunks, leaving me to my magazine.

A few minutes later I was being squirted in the face with a full pelt of water, “Josh what the fuck?” I jumped up and yelled.

“You said you were hot,” he smirked deviously.

I reached for the nearest bottle of water and chucked it back in his face, “Now we’re even,” I smiled satisfied and sat back down.

Josh stood there looking at me, “What?”

“Nothing,” he grinned and before I knew it he was chucking a whole load of water in my face again.

“You are so annoying Josh!” I jumped up and grabbed some water whilst Josh tried to run off of the bus, I followed shortly behind him trying to hit him with a cup full of freezing cold water.

Josh let out a girly scream, “Oh my God, that’s so so so cold Lily! That’s just mean,” Josh said stopping in his tracks and gaining a serious expression.

“Oh… I’m sorry, I di-” Josh walked over to me, grabbed me by the waist so I couldn’t escape and dunked water right on my head.

“Jooooooosh, that’s so not fair!” I yelped. Josh still had a hold of me and I could feel his rib cage moving with his laughter, “It’s not funny!”

Josh let go of me slowly and I turned to look at him, “It is kind of funny!” he grinned stupidly.

“You better watch out Franceschi, I’m going to get you for this!” I threatened and sauntered off.

“I’m looking forward to it,” Josh called out to me.

As I walked back on the bus I replayed what had just happened in my head and I could sort of see what Mia meant by how we were with each other. It wasn’t fair on either of us and it couldn’t carry on, we were just friends and needed to act like it. I didn’t know how much more I could take of being with Josh without being with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this chapter is a bit shorter than the others, it's just filler really.
I've just written the next two chapters and fuck is there drama!! But what do we want to see, Josh and Lily together or for Lily to move on? I'd love to hear what everyone thinks.
Thanks for reading xoxoxoxo