Status: active :)

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Chapter 20

"Avery, you're-you're awake!" I exclaimed when I walked into Avery's hospital room. Avery, who was sitting up in her bed watching TV, just shrugged and said,

"Yeah, I woke up a little while ago." It angered me to see how calm she was about all of this, but I somehow managed to choke down all that anger and say,

"Well, I am glad that you are alright."

"Are my parents coming to see me?" She questioned as she started to change the channel on the TV.

"Ya, they flew out this morning and they'll be here later tonight. Your boyfriend is coming to." I informed her, curious to see what her reaction would be.

"Oh...great!" She said, trying to sound excited. I could see right through her act, but I chose not to address it. A silence fell upon us as I sat down in the chair that was placed right next to her bed.

"Go ahead and ask. I know you want to." Avery mumbled silently. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what she was talking about.

"Why did you do it?" Avery looked me straight into the eye and said,

"Because I was tired of feeling like I didn't fit in, that no one liked me anymore, that I wasn't pretty or good enough for anybody. I was just tired of feeling like I was unwanted and that I didn't belong." My guts felt like they were being ripped out of me as I heard a girl who used to not give a flying crap on what people thought of what people said or thought about her say that.

"Avery, I...I..." But, I just couldn't finish my sentence.

"I regret it though. Because, while I was in my mini-coma, I had a little...apparition...and I realized when I woke up that just because I have one arm doesn't mean that my life is over. So,I need you to help me with something."

"Yeah, sure, anything." I said immediately.

"I want you to help me get my life back together. I want to play lacrosse again, to get a job, and to be me again. I also think that I should be put into counseling or something to help me with my issues." Avery stated without hesitation. The smile on my face was a mile wide.

"Yeah, I think that can be arranged. It's good to have you back Aves."

"Thanks, and it's good to be back." Her smile mimicked mine.

Later that night, after I picked up Avery's parents and boyfriend and brought them to their hotel room, I sat in my bed with Leah laying down next to me sleeping. I gently ran my hand through her hair as it hit me:

My life was finally starting to go back to normal again.
♠ ♠ ♠
so, i was wondering if u should stop this cuz im not getting many reviews and i feel like people arent liking this and are loosing interest. so, let me know if i should keep this or not.
silent readers arent allowed...just saying