Status: active :)

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Chapter 4

I sat quietly at the kitchen counter waiting for Adam to come home.

11:45 the clock read. I knew he was stalling, stalling from having to see me. I'm still in shock after his reaction this morning. I thought that he would at least be a little bit happy. I mean, I am going to bring his child into the world.

As soon as the clock chimes midnight, I just sigh and start to head towards the guest room, knowing that if I waited for my boyfriend any longer, I'll never be able to get upin the morning. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I fell asleep.

"What in the name of God are you doing in the fucking guest bed!?!" An angry voice broke me up.

Adam...

I squint as I look at the clock and realize that I've only been sleeping for seven minutes. I quickly sit up in the bed and turn the light on. I look at the doorway where the voice was coming from and there was my boyfriend, Adam McQuaid of the Boston Bruins, standing with fists clenched and fury written all over his face. His posture and tone of voice scared me. Not once, in all four years of our relationship, has he yelled at me like he just did or look at me like he is now.

"I-I-I..." I stutter, too scared to really know what to say.

"Well?" He demands, not moving from his spot in the doorframe as he crosses his arms against his chest.

"I just thought that you would prefer that I stay in here tonight. " I muttered, realizing how foolish my notions were as I said them. So much anger and confusion crossed Adam's face.

"And why the fuck would you think that?" he spat.

"Be-because you seemed a bit upset with me this morning and I thought that it would be best if I left you alone." I stammered. Adam's eyes narrowed as he shouted,

"Well, why do you think I was mad? At first you tell me that you can never get pregnant and now you are! Were you just making that bit about not being able to have kids up? So, that I would let my guard down, you would get pregnant, and then I would have to stay with you forever to raise the bastard? Is that what you thought!?!" I let out a small cry and said,

"NO! How could you even think that?"

"Because it happens all the time to people like me." He stated. Okay, now it was MY turn to be angry. Didn't four years in a relationship mean anything to him?

"People like you? What the fuck do you mean 'People like you'?" I screeched, my hormones now starting to kick in.

"I have money,I have a stable job, I can provide you and YOUR kid with everything! You probably did all of this for my money! That's probably why you started dating me to begin with; because you knew I had money!" Adam hollered.

"Is that what you think of me? A...what's the term you use? A puck slut?" I cry, tears streaming freely down my face.

"That's exactly what I think of you! You're a slut and a whore." he stated. I get out of the bed, walk up to him, and then slap him across the face.

"We're done Adam. Now get the fuck out of my way. And for the record, I loved you and only you, not your money." And then I walked right past him and out of the house, realizing only a little to late that he smelled like alcohol. When I got to the car, I choked back a cry as the realization hit me.

I just broke up with the father of my child while he was drunk.
♠ ♠ ♠
ya...sorry for the long wait...im gonna try to update a lot this week since ill be on break...but, ill only be able to go up to the amount that is written in the ntbk...haha...PLEASE REVIEW!!!! it would mean the world to me if you did!!! haha...and what up with those Bruins lately??? i mean come on, my team could outplay them right now...they need to get their act together...still loving them tho!!! anyway,

PLEASE REVIEW!!! thanks sooo much!!!