Status: active :)

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Chapter 5

I woke up the next morning with a killer headache and the room spinning around me. WIthout a second thought, I got up and sprinted to the bathroom the moment I started to feel like I was going to be sick.

After I emptied my guts into the toilet, I leaned back against the bathroom wall and looked at the clock.

10:07 it read. Well, I guess that I can forget about practice this morning. I emptied my stomach about three more times before I felt okay enough to get up and walk into the front room to get an asprin and a glass of water to subdue my headache. What surprised me was the Leah didn't leave a glass and the pill bottle on the nightstand like she always does when I get completely wasted.

I actually don't even remember what happened last night after I walked into a local bar to drink all my problems away...something that I am now regretting.

Once I take the medicine, I grab my phone from the counter and check out all the messages that were left. All of them were from team mates and they didn't really stick out to me. The last message, however, did. For it was from a person that I haven't talked to or seen in ages.

Still in shock, I re-dialed the number that was on the screen of my iPhone. After three and a half rings, a sharp voiced answered,

"What?" I surpress a laugh, recognizing the voice immediatly.

"Jeez Aves, that's not how you answer the phone. For all you knew, I could've been the president of this wonderful free country." I'm surprised at how friendly I sound considering my headache.

"Who the fuck are you and how the fuck do you know me?" the sharp voice asked.

"How sad, Little Miss Potty Mouth can't even remember her best friend. You know, now that I'm completely loaded, that's not a good thing to do, because if I die, in my will I will make sure that I leave you with nothing!" I say with a small laugh.

"It's about time you called me back! I've been trying to get a hold of you since yesterday!" She yelled.

"Gee. not even a hello? Who are you and what have you done with my best friend?" I asked, shocked that she was talking to me like this.

"I think that you lost that 'best friend' right when you stopped talking to me for three years!" Avery McKinely hollered through the phone.

"Well, sorry. Now, would you care to tell me why you called? Because I don't have all day." I stated, starting to get a bit annoyed with the girl.

"Well, it has been decided that I can transfer colleges and I am now planning on going to Boston University. The thing is, I don't have enough money to pay for a dorm or a place to stay, since all my family's money went towards my surgery. So, your mom suggested that I stay with you until I can get my own place." Avery said bluntly. I lean my head against the couch that I am now sititng on and think. What would Leah say, with her being pregnant and all? Holy shit!?! Did I even say sorry to her last night for how I reacted when she told me that she was pregnant? Did I make it up to her like I originally planned to do? I guess that I was so drunk last night that I don't remember what I even did when I got home.

"Well?" Avery's sharp tone brought me out of my pondering thoughts.

"I'll have to talk to my girlfriend about it, but ya, I don't havea problem with it." I tell her, hoping that I wouldn't regret my words.

"Adam...what the hell are you talking about? You don't have a girlfriend." I hear the girl on the other line say. I almost drop the phone in shock. What the fuck was that supposed to mean?

"Of course I do! Her name is Leah Collins and I'm planning on marrying her someday!" I inform her as the image of Leah walking down the isle towards me starts to form in my head.

"Adam," Avery says slowly. "Your mom and I were talking about this this morning and she was telling me how Leah had called her last night crying over something that you did! And how she ended it while you were completely drunk!"

"She-she broke up with me?" I mutter hoarsely, trying to remember what I said last night to the noly girl that I have ever loved.

"I-I'm sorry Adam. I shouldn't have said that. I thought you would've known by now." Avery exclaimed, all sharpness in her tone gone.

"Oh my God...what did I do? Did my mom tell you what I said? Because I honestly have no clue." I ask, fearing that if she did know, I would be ashamed by what came from my mouth.

"I don't remember exactly...but it had something to do with calling her a whore and a 'puck slut'? What the hell is a puck slut man?" Avery asked. I groaned as my mentally beat myself up. Had I really called her that? Was I really that drunk to call her names like that?
"Uh...it;s not a good name to be called. Lets put it that way." I told her.
"Oh...do you know why you called her that?" Avery asked quietly.

"I was drunk." I said bluntly.

"Adam, you bastard! Anyway, I'll let you deal with your fucked up problem. I gotta go and deal with my own. So, see ya soon. Later." And then she hung up, leaving me all alone and confused.
♠ ♠ ♠
awwww....poor Adam, i know...well, comments would be greatly appreciated!!! thanksssssss!!!!

COMMENTS!!!! thankssss....again...haha, ill have another update out soon..maybe today, who knows...
anyway, comment PLEASE!!!
-meaghan