Status: active :)

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Chapter 8

"Damn it girl, I cannot wait until this baby is popped out of you! Or, until this puking stops!" My best friend, Brittany Carnegie, stated from the doorway of the bathroom after I threw up my lunch.

"Sorry Britt. And you know that the minute I can find other l will leave." I told her as I got up off of the bathroom floor.

"I don't know why you don't just go back to Adam. I mean, it's pretty obvious that he didn't mean what he said and that he's sorry." Brittany said as we walked back to her family room to finish the movie that we had started.

"Britt, you know that I can't. What he said was hurtful and I can't be with a man who treats me like that." I stated. Brittany just shrugged and turned her attention back to the movie "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry".

Brittany Carnegie has been my best friend ever since I met her at a Bruins gamea couple of years ago. She was everything anyone could want to be and more. With her perfect life, perfect family, and perfect boyfriend I was incredibly jealous of her. Not that I would ever admit it though, I valued our friendship too much. And, that was why she was the first person that I went to after I broke up with Adam. Brittany immediatly did everything that she could to help me and never in a lifetime would I be able to repay her for what she did. The only downside of staying with her though was that she was dating Milan Lucic, Adam's team mate.

"Leah? Hello? Earth to Leah!" Brittany shouted, taking me out of my thoughts.

"What?" I asked as I rolled over onto my side.

"I asked you a question." She stated with a small laugh that was probably caused by the scene that was now playing on the large flat screen TV.

"Which was...?" I asked between my own gails of laughter that was caused from the movie.

"I asked you what you might do with the baby when it's born." She stated, turning her head to face me. Oh...so she was going to go back to our earlier conversation when I had informed her that I would not be aborting my baby.

"Keeo it of course. I mean, this could be my only chance to have a baby and I am not going to mess it up, no matter how much of a dick the baby daddy is." I informed her.

"Glad to know that's what you think of me." a dull voice said from behind me. Brittany and I both turned our heads to see the owner. I gasped as Brittany said,

"Milan, Adam, I didn't hear you come in." Adam continued to hold his cold stare on me as Milan just shrugged and said,

"You were laughing at the TV."

"Oh..." Brittany muttered. An awkward silenc pursued that min conversation.

"Um...Milan, care to help me make dinner?" Brittany suddenly asked.

"Sure." was her reply.

"I'll help to." I said, jumping up from my spot on the couch.

"No, that's okay. Besides, you two need to talk." Brittany told me. I glared at her as she and Milan mad their way towards the ktchen.

"Leah, I'm really-"

"Adam, don't. I don't want to hear it." I cut him off.

"C'mom baby, please give me another chance. I'm sorry, I was drunk and what I said was uncalled for. Please, can you at least say that you forgive me?" Adam pleaded, ignoring what I had said.

"I don't think that I can Adam. I'm sorry." I said, tears starting to form in my eyes.

"And why not?" He asked, his voice rising.

"Because, you're clearly not ready to raise a kid and your past actions have showed that you don't want the kid either. And I can't be with somebody who is like that. I'll only forgive you when I know that you'll support me and that you won't run away every time something doesn't go your way. And, I'll only let you back into my life when you can prove that you'll support me and the baby one hundred percent and that you won't just leave when it becomes too much." I told him.

"But, I AM ready to support you. I, believe it or not, am actually really excited for this baby. I admit, at first I wasn't. But, then the more I thought about it, the more I realized that this could probably be the only chance I could have to have a baby with the woman that I love, the woman that I plan on spending the rest of my life with." Adam told me. My eyes glistened over with tears as I muttered,

"I'm sorry Adam, I just can't. I forgive you, but I don't think that I am ready to be with you again. Not yet at least. Maybe later...but not now. I'm sorry, I promise that I'll keep you posted with the baby, but that is all I can promise for now."

Adam's face fell as he opened his mouth to say something. "As much as I don't agree with what you say, I'll...I'll respect your wishes. Just as long as you don't cut me out of my child's life and you'll let me help out in whatever way I can- you won't just shrug me off to the side. Okay?" He demanded.

"Deal." I say as I hold my hand out for him to shake.

"God, I feel like such a little kid again...shaking hands to seal a deal. Or maybe I feel like a business man. Who the fuck know?" Adam says with a laugh. I smile at him and in that moment, I know that everything will turn out right for us. Cliche, I know...but that's just how I feel.
♠ ♠ ♠
well, i hope you all liked this...reviews and subscribers wanted...haha...PLEASE comment and subscribe!!! thanks...
hope you like it, feel free to voice any opinions, whatever they may be, good or bad...ill take them all..
-meaghan