Status: More comments, more updates!

Blur

CHAPTER TWO

Rory sighed as she entered the house. The first day of school had been less than satisfactory for her to say the least. While she sat alone during class, and unfortuantely lunch as well, Liam had already made new friends, and therefore sat with them. In fact, Liam had gone home with Pat after school to hang out with some people he had met that apparently knew their cousins too. At least she had the house to herself for a few hours.

In only a few minutes, Rory found herself sitting outside her bedroom window, watching the backyard intently with a cigarette hanging loosely from her lips. It was at times like these that Rory felt most at peace with the world. She didn't feel like kicking, or punching, or rebelling. She just felt like herself, the side of her that very few knew of.

She let a small smile make its way onto her lips, though she wasn't sure why. It felt good to genuinely smile though. It was something she hadn't done in a long time.

Rory's phone started to buzz and she cursed under her breath as she quickly put out her cigarette and stepped inside, barely answering it in time.

"Hello?"

"Rory!"

Rory smiled widely at the voice.

"India!" Rory laughed into the phone. "How are things going with all of you guys?"

She heard India scoff loudly.

"That isn't important. What's really important is how we're going to get you back here with us!"

Rory listened to the crazy and drastic solutions her friend came up with. Eventually, though, she grew quiet.

"So... How boring is Arizona?" she asked quietly.

Rory pursed her lips.

"Extremely. We just started school today and Liam has already made enough friends to last a lifetime, as always. And I, of course, sat alone all day."

She could almost imagine the look on India's face, one of disappointment and anger all in one. She had never been a huge fan of Rory's twin brother. None of her friends were, actually.

"Typical Liam, I suppose," India replied. "Glad to see the move didn't affect him too much."

The two talked for nearly an hour longer before Rory heard the front door open and several pairs of footsteps rushing for the stairs.

"Crap," she muttered. "India, I'm gonna have to go. Sounds like my brother brought home a few friends. Call you tomorrow?"

As she said this, she crossed the room and closed her door before anyone could catch a glimpse of her or her room that was still filled with boxes that were still waiting to be unpacked. India groaned loudly.

"Tell your brother he's ruining your social time!"

Rory simply laughed at this and ended the call, climbing back out the window to escape the loud shuffling and laughing coming from just down the hall. She shook her head in annoyance. There was no way she would be able to stay there with all that noise. Liam really needed to get less obnoxious friends.

She quickly grabbed her bag and sunglasses, sneaking down the hallway and past her brother's room, making sure that no one noticed she was leaving. Maybe they hadn't even known she was there in the first place.

Rory walked to the only place she knew how to get to on foot, a small strip of shops and restaraunts which included a music store, a book store, an ice cream parlor, and a somewhat rundown diner. She only decided on the diner after her stomach made a low growling sound. She bit her lip as she entered, taking a seat in the corner furthest away from the door. Rory quickly ordered and sat awkwardly as she waited for her food to come.

Before long, it came and Rory paid for it after eating, leaving the tip on the table and rushing out the door. She squinted into the blazing sun and put her sunglasses back on, turning around to begin her trek back home, but was stopped when she ran into someone, roughly knocking her to the ground.

"What the-" she began, but was quickly cut off by the voice of a boy.

"Sorry, sorry," he said, offering his hand to help her up.

She simply ignored it and stood on her own, glaring at him. She wasn't sure if he saw just how intense her glare was, though, due to the fact that she had just put her sunglasses over her eyes which were attempting to burn holes through his head.

"Are you okay?" he asked her, concern written across his face.

"I'm fine."

"You're sure?" he questioned her.

Rory crossed her arms and continued looking at him.

"Do I look unsure to you?" she said harshly.

The boy opened his mouth, but no words came out. It was as if he was completely stunned, unable to collect even a single thought. Rory raised her eyebrows and smirked. She knew she didn't like this guy. She rarely ever liked a person at all. Of course, she had her friends in New York, but they were on the other side of the country. She had yet to find one person in Tempe, Arizona that she truly enjoyed being around, and there was nothing different about this person. She could see straight through him. He was just like Liam. Maybe he even knew Liam from school. She didn't know, but she also didn't care.

Rory didn't bother saying anything more, only brushed past the boy and walked in the direction of "home". Thinking of that word only made her cringe. This most certainly wasn't home, and as far as she was concerned, it never would be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Rory's outfit

This is India.

Sorry, this was sort of a filler... But I have BIG PLANS for the next chapter, so hang in there with me!

Special thank you to la dispute. for commenting!

I need more comments and less silent readers! Comments are what motivate me to update!!!

Check out my other stories: Like We Did, Some Days, Comes Around

Write well, Mibbians!
-Marie