Status: Going on hiatus for awhile.

Trapped in a Vile World

Chapter One

I ran out. I ran out as fast as I could. I pulled my dark hair out of the bun and let it fall freely around my face as I slipped on my dark sunglasses that were big enough to cover my eyebrows. The heels of my black combat boots lightly clicked with every step I took. My slight limp was beginning to attract attention, so I stepped into a shadow and paused for a moment. With a quick glance over my shoulder, I was off again. The adrenaline was making my blood pump, and blood from the gash across my right eyebrow started to drip down my face, hidden by my sunglasses. I prayed my short denim dress and my leather jacket didn't make me stand out in the crowd. Risking another backward glance, I picked up my pace and before I could look back at where I was going, and I ran smack into a man walking towards me.

He wasn't too much taller than me, and he had black hair that hung halfway down his neck and in his face. His septum ring glinted in the light, and his breath-taking green eyes were full of surprise. I started into them, mesmerized. Then I shook my head and mumbled my apologies, looking at his feet. As I tried to walk away, he opened his mouth to say something, and I noticed the sun glinting off of the two thin silver rings on his bottom lip, and walked into the man who was walking next to him. My sunglasses clattered to the sidewalk. The blood that had been dripping down my face was exposed to the cold wind and I gasped. I immediately bent down to pick up my sunglasses, and I heard the men in front of me mumbling to each other. I shoved the sunglasses back on my face and stood up to face the men I just made a fool of myself in front of. I had to lean my head back to look at the second man. I opened my mouth to say something, but choked when I saw the man's build; his arms were the size of my thighs, and covered in tattoos. He wore aviators to cover his eyes, and his short black hair was slicked back. I stuttered out an apology, glad he couldn't see my expression, but I was curious about his. He removed his sunglasses and looked at me with a concerned, but confused expression.

"Uhm, are you okay?" He asked me. Both of them were gaping at me.

"I uhm..." I mumbled, embarrassed. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw movement behind me and tensed up. "Yeah... Yeah I'm fine. Thanks! Sorry." With that, I slid between them and started running, this time looking where I was going.

I ran until my leg was in searing pain and I was panting. I ducked into the first alley I saw, ran halfway down it, and half collapsed with my back to the dirty brick wall. After I caught my breath, I took my sunglasses off and watched the sun set over the tops of the buildings.

"Damn it," I swore under my breath. I'd hoped to find a safe place to hide before dark.

I heard noise at the entrance to the alley, and I jerked my head up. My eyes widened. There was a silhouette. As it got closer, and I could hear the sound of footsteps echoing up the tall walls. A shiver ran up my spine.

"Hey," I said, my voice trembling a little from the fear pumping through my veins. "Leave me alone, okay?" The figure just kept moving closer. I silently drew the knife I kept in my boot, and it gave me renewed strength. As the figure came within reach, I flipped it out and held it aggressively. I heard a low chuckle that sent chills down my spine. My breathing sped up and I swung at the figure. The figure caught my hand and twisted it backward. I dropped my knife and bit my tongue to hold in the scream that threatened to burst from my throat. I turned my pain and fear into anger. "Get off of me!" I snarled at the figured, trying to sound threatening. His deep voice whispered menacingly in my ear,

"I don't think so."

"What do you want from me?!" I said, struggling against his hold. He snickered in a way that made my skin crawl.

"Oh you know what I want," he hissed in my ear, tearing my jacket off my body with his free hand and starting to unzip the back of my dress. I froze.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?!" I half shouted, in a panic. "No fucking way!" I elbowed him in the gut, hoping to knock the wind out of him, and tried to wrench my wrist free of his grasp. He grunted, narrowed his eyes, and squeezed my wrist even tighter. I winced, but continued to struggle like my life depended on it.

Out of the blue, he let me go. I stood frozen, completely shocked. Then he hit me. He hit me so hard that it knocked me to the ground, my face half in a puddle. I could feel blood starting to drip out of my nose as he walked over to me. He kicked me in the ribs repeatedly until I started coughing up blood. My vision began to go in and out. I was gasping for breath, choking on my own blood. I could feel him bearing down on me. I was terrified. He grabbed my arm and hauled me to my feet, only to throw me against the alley wall. I slammed against the grimy bricks, still coughing up blood. He tried to unzip my dress again, and even in my current state, I tried to fight him. He laughed at my weak efforts, and slapped me hard enough to make me unsteady, but caught me before I fell. He laughed darkly.

"I'm done with these games," he snarled viciously, ripping the bottom of my dress. I gasped and attempted to struggle, but he slapped me again, and ripped one of the straps off of my dress. He pushed my head to the side and licked my neck, smiling sinisterly. I shivered. He smiled, his fangs shining in the moonlight.

"I knew it," I choked out as he ran his fangs along my neck. He just laughed maniacally, and my entire body began to tremble. I closed my eyes and held my breath, but the pain didn't come. I heard distant footsteps, and slowly opened my eyes. I saw two silhouettes in the distance, but everything was going blurry. Next thing I knew, everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Her outfit - http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=44228472