Status: Going on hiatus for awhile.

Trapped in a Vile World

Chapter Ten

“Fuck!” I hissed, hearing Brian’s pounding footsteps disappear down some distant hallway. I really hoped Brian wasn’t going to make a scene about this. I should’ve just kept my mouth shut.

After a moment’s hesitation, I bolted after him. When I got out into the hallway, his footsteps were echoing to the right so I bolted after him. I came to many hallway intersections, and did my best to follow his pounding footsteps that were getting more and more distant. I was starting to get tired. This building had to be huge. Right as I rounded another corner, my ribs exploded. I stopped immediately and leaned against the wall for support, panting. I looked around. There was an ornately carved door just ahead, and I decided to go for it.

As I turned the shiny gold handle, the heavy wooden door opened without a single creek. I stepped from the hard wood flooring of the hallway onto the soft, plushy carpet of the dark room. I let out a sigh, but winced in pain and held onto my ribs.

“Damn it,” I mumbled. I looked up and my eyes slowly adjusted to the dark room. It was a large, square room. Mirrors covered most of the walls and there was a huge bed with lavish black tapestries draped around the bedframe.

“Tera?” I heard a familiar voice ask quietly.

“Jimmy?!” I exclaimed, running as fast as I could toward the bed, where his blue eyes and smiled filled me instantly with a familiar warmth. “Oh, Jimmy it is you!” I was so happy my eyes were tearing up. “Oh Jimmy, I thought you were – “

“Dead?” he finished my sentence for me, a mischievous glint in his crystal eyes. I smiled, and reached out a hand to touch his. “You couldn’t get rid of me that easily,” he winked at me.

“Oh Jimmy, I’m so happy!” I sat on the edge of the bed and squeezed his hand. “The thought of losing you was… Well, enough to make me do stupid things.” I could hear his sharp intake of breath as he reached up a hand to my neck. I flinched

“Tera,” he whispered, his voice more serious than I’d ever heard it before. “Tera, please tell me you didn’t.” I looked away from him guiltily. His fingers found the punctures in my neck and I groaned in pain. “I’m sorry,” he said, lowering his hand back onto mine. “I was trying my hardest to prevent that from happening.”

“I know it was dumb,” I said guiltily. “I just couldn’t think. I was so lost and – “ a loud crash interrupted me. “Shit,” I groaned. I knew what it was. Jimmy raised an eyebrow at me. “I’ll explain later. You rest up,” I said, leaning to kiss him on the cheek before running back to door.

I swung the heavy door open as fast as I could and stepped out into the hallway. I took a moment to listen, then darted off down the hallway where I thought I’d heard the noises coming from. Before I could even make it around the next corner, I ran into someone turning into the hallway I was sprinting down. He caught me before I fell, and I heard a deep chuckle.

“Matt!” I said, surprised. That was all I needed. My blood was pumping from all the adrenaline and running I’d been doing already, and now my heart was pounding at the sight of my rescuer. Suddenly Brian’s words were running through my head. I was the one who helped Matt bandage you up. I could feel the blood rushing through my cheeks.

“Nice to see you up and about, Tera,” he said, smiling. The way he said my name gave me goose bumps. I stared at him for a moment, mind completely blank.

“I… Yeah…” I mumbled distantly before snapping back to reality. “I have to go, Matt,” I said as I heard heavy thuds and yelling. He didn’t let me go. He didn’t take his eyes away from my face. “Matt,” I said as I struggled against him. “Matt!” I said a little louder. “Matt, let me go!”

He moved his face a little closer to mine. I blinked, my heart pounding so hard I could hear it in my ears. His lips brushed my neck, and I gasped. He started kissing my neck and my breath caught in my throat. I was completely lost. I couldn’t decide whether I was in heaven or just completely dreaming. He was very gentle with me. I fought the enjoyment I was feeling.

“Matt,” I tried to say with authority. He wouldn’t have it, though. I closed my eyes as he pushed me against the wall, his lips glued to my neck.

In the distance, a door slammed open against the wall, but I was in a completely different world.

“NO!” The shout echoed down the entire hallway. I looked down the hall to the open door and saw a figure sprinting this way. “GOD DAMN IT, MATT!” I recognized the angry voice as Brian’s. This confused me even more than Matt’s actions. I didn’t understand what was going on with Matt, and especially what was going on with Brian.

Matt jerked his head up and looked at Brian. Though his expression was completely neutral, his eyes were filled with disappointment and sorrow. Why was he so sad? What had I done wrong?

I looked down and saw his lips stained bright red, some dripping down his chin. I looked at him, confused. My eyes widened as I felt the warm blood dripping down my chest from the untreated wound Johnny had left on my neck.