Status: Going on hiatus for awhile.

Trapped in a Vile World

Chapter Twelve

My heart raced and my blood pounded through my veins. I laid as still as I could, hoping that it was just my imagination. I felt a cold hand swipe my hair away from my head.

“I said,” he whispered, his lips only centimeters from my ear. “Did you miss me?”

“Zacky, what are you doing here?” I asked shakily.

“What?” he asked innocently, sitting back up. “I’m not allowed to come visit you?” I sat up and looked where I heard his voice.

“What do you want?” I asked, a littler firmer. I didn’t even know if I was talking to him; the room was pitch black. The only sense I had was sound, and I couldn’t hear Zacky breathing.

“I heard about your tiff with Matt,” he said viciously, and I could practically see the smirk on his face.

“Well last time I checked, that’s none of your business!” I said, offended and kind of mad. “Why the hell do you care?”

“Doesn’t that mean it’s my turn?” he snarled, grabbing my wrist and pulling my entire body against his side. I tried to fight him, but his strength outweighed mine. “Why is it fair that everyone but me gets a go?” he asked, the threat eminent in his voice.

“You mean, you’re…” I said, trembling a little.

“You mean you haven’t figured it out yet?” he asked. I could hear the smirk in his voice. He grabbed my hand roughly, and raised it to his lips. I felt the cool metal one of his lip rings. He parted his lips, and moved my finger onto his lip. He closed his mouth a little, and I could feel the sharp tip of a vicious fang dancing on my fingertip. I gasped loudly, and I felt his lips turn upward into a nasty smile. He pushed down a little.

“Stop!” I said loudly. My volume was surprising. Even more surprising was the fact that he listened. He moved my finger away from him, but kept a hold on my wrist. My body was still pressed against his side, and I could feel him breathing slowly. I wondered what he was thinking and what he was looking at; even at this close proximity, I couldn’t see him.

He pulled my wrist upward, and I could feel him taking in the scent. The tip of his nose touched my wrist, and I could feel his hand clawing into the bed behind me.

“Zacky,” I said quietly, trying to get him to stop again. He didn’t stop. He slowly ran his tongue along the veins in my wrist. I shivered. “Zacky!” I said a little louder and a little firmer. He continued, though. I could feel the tips of his fangs on my wrist now. My heart was pounding, pumping my blood faster. He paused for a moment, and I could hear him licking his lips. I took advantage of the moment and punched his temple. He wasn’t thrown to the ground, but he was completely shocked. I could hear the growl building in his chest. I slipped my wrist out of his grip in the confusion, and attempted to run to the door. He caught my arm, but not before I could half slam into the wall, turning the lights on. The light was very dim, but I could see Zacky now, and his green eyes were ablaze with fury. He pulled my body to him.

“What the fuck gives you the right to do that?!” he growled in my face. I stood strong and smirked with defiance. I could see it fill him with rage. He let go of my arm, and suddenly pulled me into a kiss. My eyes flew wide open as his hands held on to either side of my face. I didn’t fight him, but then again, I didn’t do anything. I was in shock.

His lips did not move. It was a single, very long kiss, but I could feel his rage lessening. I reached out my hand and my fingertips gently touched his chest. He didn’t seem to notice, because he did not move from where he stood at all.

The door swung open and I could hear a gasp, followed by a deep growl. I knew that growl by now; I’d heard it enough times.

Though I could not see him, I knew Brian stood there, full of anger.