Status: Going on hiatus for awhile.

Trapped in a Vile World

Chapter Eighteen

I sat completely still, frozen to the spot, staring into the eyes of my attacker once more.

“J-Johnny,” I stuttered. He smiled. I couldn’t really read his emotions, but I started to tremble; it was my reaction whenever I saw him. He took a step towards me. I opened my mouth to call for Zacky, but I couldn’t find my voice. Somehow he heard me, and he was at my side, his hand comfortingly on my shoulder.

“It’s okay,” he whispered reassuringly in my ear. “He won’t hurt you.” I looked at Zacky like he was crazy. “Trust me.”

“But Zack, I – “

“Trust me.” I swallowed and looked back at Johnny. His smile was actually vaguely friendly. I couldn’t believe that I didn’t see it before. I stood up slowly, and smiled sweetly. I took a small step toward him and extended my hand.

“Hi, Johnny,” I said softly. He stepped forward to take my hand, but froze. His nostrils were flared, like he’d smelled something he liked. My smile faltered and my hand shook.

“Johnny,” Zacky said calmly, but authoritatively, slipping a hand on my shoulder. Johnny’s light brown eyes snapped to Zacky’s face, and he nodded, taking a step back. He smiled again, then spun on his heel and exited. “See, my love?” Zacky asked as I turned to face him. There was barely any space between the two of us. My heart began to pound. I wondered if he could hear it. A small smile played at the corners of his mouth, and I know he could. His fingertips caressed my cheek. He bent his face closer to mine and tilted my chin upward.

There was a clattering outside the door Johnny had exited, and I looked down. The moment, or whatever it was, was gone now. Zacky went to go see what the noise was, and my cheeks burned as I stared at the floor. I tried to catch my breath and calm myself down. I didn’t know why he made my heart race like that.

I looked up when I saw movement, and Matt walked in the door, closely followed by Zacky.

“Matt, I told you she’s not – “ he was cut off by Matt shoving him to the floor. I blinked, and he was in front of me, backing me into the wall. My heart pounded, but not the same way it did when I was this close to Zacky. He smiled, showing his dimples and his sharp teeth.

“Why haven’t you come to see me?” he purred in my ear. I shivered a little.

“After last time, I didn’t know if I should,” I answered steadily, hiding my nerves. He chuckled in my ear and whispered.

“I know I make your heart pound.” It pounded harder with every word. “Let’s see how fast I can make it race,” he whispered, his hand sliding up my inner thigh. I gasped, my heart pounding so fast it hurt. I pulled against his hand, but it was useless; he was too strong. I tried to push against his chest, but he didn’t budge.

“Matt,” I said, straining against him. His hand was moving uncomfortably high. “Zacky!” I yelled. Matt was suddenly on the floor, and worried green eyes were peering into mine, and fingertips softly touching my cheeks.

“Are you alright?” he asked quickly. I nodded, and he was suddenly gone. The crashes from the two of them thrashing around were sickening. I scooted slowly towards the door, but a strong arm caught around my waist.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Matt growled in my ear. I screamed, covering my ears, but his arm was suddenly gone, and there were crashes and cracks again. I was shaking uncontrollably and I didn’t know what to do.

“STOP!” a strong voice yelled. The sounds immediately ceased, and the two men were lying on the floor across the room from each other, bleeding. I looked up, and ran to Jimmy. He held out his arms for me, and held me tightly when I was there. He hid my face in his chest while he looked up at the other two. “I can’t fucking believe you guys!” he nearly shouted, covering my exposed ear gently with his hand. “Matt, what’s been up with you these past few days?” his voice was muffled, but still loud. I couldn’t make out Matt’s response; he spoke too quietly.

“Don’t you understand?” I heard Zacky’s muffled voice, angry. “I was trying to prevent this from happening!” Jimmy’s head changed direction.

“You’re the one who exposed her,” he said evenly. I heard a vicious snarl that made me cringe. “Enough of this.” He let go of me and squatted so we were the same eye level. “Would you like to go back to your room?” he asked gently, his blue eyes soft. I shook my head. I didn’t want to be alone. “You can come to my room if you’d like.” I nodded eagerly. Being with Jimmy was the only thing in this house that made me feel safe. “C’mon, sis,” he said, gently picking me up and cradling me against his chest. “I’ll deal with you two later,” he said a bit harder. As he turned to walk away, I peered over his shoulder. Matt was gone, but Zacky was staring after me, his green eyes aching with hurt and rejection. I hid my face, regretting my peek. My eyes watered a little bit. Zacky had really been trying to make it up to me, and everything had gone horribly wrong. I know it must’ve bothered him seeing Jimmy carry me away, but Jimmy was really the only one who made me feel secure.

He pushed the door open, and laid me on his bed. He kneeled beside it to look me in the eyes.

“Do you hate us yet?” he asked, his crystal eyes wary. I shook my head. I could never hate them, especially Jimmy.

“I could never hate you, Jimmy,” I whispered. He smiled, but his eyes were still sad.

“I think Matt developed a taste for you blood,” he said quietly.

“What does that mean?” I asked, my voice trembling a little.

“It means that you can’t be alone here anymore. Or anywhere, for that matter.” I looked at him, a little shocked and a little angry. I opened my mouth to speak, but he cut me off. “Listen to me,” he said, looking right into my eyes. “Matt wants your blood. He wants to drain you. He’s beginning to crave it. You can’t be alone because you never know when he’s going to pop up next. I don’t want anything to happen to you.”

“Jimmy, that’s completely unfai – “

“I don’t care what it is, you’re going to have to live like this from now on. You’ll sleep in here with me. Every night” I opened my mouth angrily.

“Jimmy, you can’t do this to me!”

“Like hell I can’t!”

“Jimmy, if you’re so concerned about this, why don’t you just tell him he can’t touch me?” Jimmy glared at me, and spoke harshly.

“I will never do that! I can’t take away someone’s free will like that! It’s just, it’s not fucking right! And who the fuck are you to say something like that to me?” He growled angrily, and went through the door to the bathroom, slamming it in his wake.

I stared at the door in silence, completely shocked. I’d made the one person who defended me from everything mad at me. First I’d pissed off Brian, and now Jimmy. I’d be lucky if either of them ever spoke to me again. I watched the door for a few more minutes, and when Jimmy didn’t emerge, I curled up on his bed. It felt huge when I was alone. I curled up and cried myself to sleep, alone.