Status: Going on hiatus for awhile.

Trapped in a Vile World

Chapter Two

When I woke back up, I was laying in the same alley, and my vision was still blurry. I coughed up a little more blood, then slowly sat up. I blinked until my vision got clearer, but my head was still swimming. I leaned on one hand, and gently rubbed my head with the other one, trying to remember what happened. It all came back in a huge rush. My hands flew to my neck, but it remained unmarked. I sighed in relief, but it was short lived. The last thing I remembered was hearing footsteps. I surveyed the alley as best I could, but I appeared to be alone. I struggled to my feet, but had to lean on the grimy bricks for support. My chest heaved up and down as I tried to breathe normally.

Then I heard footsteps again. I fell to the ground in a panic, searching around in the dark for my knife. After what seemed like forever, my hand closed around the smooth handle, and I snatched it up.

"Stay back!" I yelled from the ground. I was trembling again. I saw a figure step out of the dark shadows. He was huge in stature, and swinging something that glinted in his hands. My breathing sped up.

"Oh my god," I thought, panicking. "He has a chain!" I dropped my knife out of surprise. I was completely paralyzed. My body was so overwhelmed that my vision began to blur again. "No..." I thought again.

The last thing I remember was that large stranger bending down next to me and grabbing my arm.