Status: Going on hiatus for awhile.

Trapped in a Vile World

Chapter Twenty-One

I woke up, and for the first time, I wasn’t alone. Zacky had stayed with me all night. I cuddled up to his chest. Maybe I should give this a chance. His arms slipped around me and squeezed me gently.

“Good morning, Tera.”

“Good morning, Zacky.” I turned around to look into his green eyes. They weren’t sleepy at all. “How long have you been up?” He chuckled, raising a hand to swipe the dark hair out of my face.

“Longer than you.” I made a face at him and looked into his glowing eyes. He leaned in and lightly touched his soft lips and cold metal rings against my lips. Even though it was our second kiss, this kiss was special. It was like he had never kissed me in that forceful, rough fashion and it was our first. I could feel goose bumps on my skin. I shivered a little, and he pulled away.

“No,” I said leaning toward him. “Don’t stop.” Our lips connected again, and it felt just as magical. He slipped his tongue between my lips, and I almost lost it. I reached out and pulled him closer. I ran my hand over his bare chest as our kiss became more heated. I couldn’t get enough of the way he tasted and the electricity I felt when our lips touched. I pulled myself on top of him and he started grabbed my hips. I grinded down on him as we kissed. He began to slide his hands up under my shirt. I gasped and pulled my fingers through his hair.

There was a loud banging on the door. I barely had time to slide off of him before the door opened.

“Hey Zack, have you seen – “ Brian’s eyes widened when he saw I was in bed with Zack. He cocked an eyebrow, his eyes bouncing between the two of us. I blushed. He looked at Zacky, a teasing glint in his eyes.

“Nothing happened!” I blurted out. He chuckled.

“I wasn’t going to ask.” I looked at him skeptically. He winked at me. “I was looking for you, though. I was wondering if you’d like to go out with me. I was going to go grocery shopping.” He grimaced. “And I really hoped you’d go with me.” I cocked an eyebrow at him. “I fucking hate grocery shopping.” I laughed.

“Give me twenty minutes to get ready.” As soon as the door closed, Zacky groaned. I hopped out of bed and spun to look at him. “What’s up with you?” I joked, reaching for a towel from his dresser. He rolled his eyes.

“Do you have to ask?” I gave him a look, then walked into his bathroom. I poked my head out when I heard noise. He was getting up.

“Don’t even think about it!” I said, narrowing my eyes playfully. He laughed and threw his arms up.

“You caught me, officer.” I rolled my eyes, closing and locking the door. I turned on the shower and hopped in after it got warm. I washed myself quickly then hopped out. I toweled off, and dried my hair. I cracked the door open.

“Zacky, I need some clothes.”

“I already have them laid out for you, baby.” I glanced toward the vacant bed. He’d laid out the clothes on the side I’d slept on.

“Really?” I asked skeptically, looking them over. It was a skintight red dress and a pair of strappy black pumps. Just because he was a vampire didn’t mean he wasn’t still a man. “I’m going to the store, not a strip club!” He popped his head around the corner, smirking. “If you don’t get me something else, I’ll go get it myself!” He chuckled.

“You’d have to leave that towel here.”

“I’m sure the guys would love to find me gallivanting about the house naked.” His expression changed.

“Fine,” he sullenly surrendered. He scooped me up and took me back to my room. I locked him in the bathroom while I got dressed. I slipped on a pair of black skinny jeans and a shimmery gold short sleeve shirt. I unlocked the door and he walked out, looking me over from head to toe with a smile. He swooped into my wardrobe and brought out a pair of peep toe red wedges. I rolled my eyes. He made a little pouty face, and I took them, surrendering. At least they matched the outfit. He sat on the bed and watched me slip them on. His eyes seemed sad.

“I’ll be back soon, sweetie,” I said softly, bending down to kiss his cheek. “I lo - ” I froze midsentence. “Alright?” I recovered, but barely. I couldn’t believe I’d almost said that. I’d hardly known him for a week, if that. My heart pounded in my chest, making the blood rise to my cheeks. He didn’t seem to have noticed my slip up, and gently squeezed my hand.

“Don’t be too long.” I nodded, walking out the door. I looked both ways down the hallway, but I didn’t see Brian. I groaned a little. I didn’t want to have to go back into the room and ask Zacky to help me find Brian, so I turned left and walked down the hallway with purpose. As I was about to round the corner Matt whipped around it coming my way. I didn’t let my shock or my worry show on my face. I just kept walking like I knew what I was doing and where I was going, but my mind was suddenly blank. I heard a low chuckle, and my shiver wasn’t something I could hide. He grabbed my hand and whipped me around to face him.

“Hello, my dear,” he said in a low voice, bringing my hand to his lips. He held it there for a long time, flaring his nostrils and taking in the scent. My heart pounded, making my blood pump faster. “Something on your mind?” he asked, taking his lips off my hand. He smirked, then grabbed my waist with his free hand, pulling my body against his. His face was mere inches away from mine. My breath caught in my throat. He used to make me nervous the way Zacky does, but now I was nervous due to fear. “Did you miss me?” he asked in a seductive whisper. Maybe if I wasn’t scared for my life, it might’ve affected me more.

“Matt, please let me go. I need to go find Brian.” His eyes narrowed. He slipped his palm around the back of my hand and brought it up to his face. My wrist was against his cheek, and he turned, placing a kiss on my veins. “Matt…” He pulled my body against him so hard it almost hurt. His sharp teeth pressed against the soft flesh of my wrist. My mind whirled. “Matt. MATT!” He ignored me and broke the surface of my skin. “ZACKY!”

My door banged open, and I heard a vicious snarl. Matt’s lips smiled against my wrist as a trail of blood trailed down my arm. There was a loud thud, and I turned to see that Zacky had broken the door off of its hinges. My jaw hit the floor. Damn.

“Don’t take another step,” Matt’s voice practically sung with smugness. Zacky cocked an angry eyebrow.

“And just why not?” The venom was evident in his voice.

“You wouldn’t want me to slip, or to do something even worse.” Zacky’s face paled, and every ounce of anger drained.

“You… You wouldn’t.” His voice trembled. What the fuck was going on? That’s when it hit me. I went back to the conversation I’d had with Jimmy a few nights ago. I whipped my head around to look at Matt.

“You’re getting him to stop by threatening to turn me into one of you?” Matt smirked, licking the blood off of my arm. Zacky’s low growls were evident in the background. “You’re such a fucking coward.” Matt’s head snapped up. His eyes were dark with anger as my blood dripped off of his chin. He squeezed my hand until I winced from pain.

“What did you just say?” he spat at me.

“I said you’re a fucking coward. You have to use that threat to get Zacky to back off? What are you, scared of him?” Matt snarled and bit down into my wrist, making me scream. He was gone the next instant, and I felt arms wrap around me. I looked up into the worried green eyes. His fingers caressed my cheek.

“You’re so brave. Foolish, but brave.” I chuckled at his praise.

“Wait,” I said, confused. “If you’re over here, then who…” I looked over his shoulder and saw Brian’s back. I smiled softly. “He always comes to my rescue. Always.” Zacky picked me up and lead me back into my room, setting me on the bed. He ran into the bathroom and came out with bandages and ointments and cloths and creams. I rolled my eyes.

“Stop it,” he said seriously, looking into my eyes as he kneeled and took my wrist gingerly in his hand. “This might - ”

“Hurt a little.” I finished his sentence. He cocked an eyebrow at me. “I’ve heard Brian say it enough times.” He chuckled, but the light didn’t return to his eyes. I squeezed my eyes shut and clawed my free hand into the sheets, anticipating the sting. When it came, I still gasped.

“I’m sorry,” Zacky mumbled miserably. I took a deep breath and opened my eyes. All the blood was gone from my arm, and there was just a cresent mark on my wrist. I shivered a little. “I’m not as good as this as Brian is,” he warned gently. I nodded. He wrapped my wrist with gauze, then took all of the things he hadn’t used back into the bathroom. I looked down at my wrist. There was some blood seeping through the gauze, but not enough to soak it. I sighed. I guess Brian was right – it wasn’t exactly safe here. I was putting them all in danger. By sticking around, though I’d be happy, they’d constantly have to defend me and hurt each other. But if I left, I’d be out on my own and who knows what would happen to me, especially now that I had this knowledge. I sighed. I knew what they would say if I mentioned leaving, and I doubt I could run away for five seconds without one of them catching up with me. I heard the door click. I didn’t look up, I was too lost in my own thoughts. I heard some mumbling, then the door click shut again.

“Are you ready to go?” I looked up as Brian spoke, and saw him smiling, extending a hand for me. I smiled and took it.

“Let’s get this over with.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Zacky's pick -http://www.polyvore.com/chapter_twenty_one_tera/set?id=44622501
Tera's pick -http://www.polyvore.com/chapter_twenty_one_tera/set?id=44622632