Status: Going on hiatus for awhile.

Trapped in a Vile World

Chapter Twenty-Five

Jimmy opened the door, and we stepped out into the cool night. I looked up and the black sky was littered with millions of glittery stars. There was a slight breeze, but it was still comfortably warm out. I stepped onto a patch of grass, and I looked around. The little sliver of moon that was showing through lit up my surroundings with a ghostly glow. We were in the middle of a large field. I turned around, and saw the door we’d just exited from was in the middle of a large, grassy hill. I looked over at Brian with a confused look. He pointed over the top of the hill.

“The city’s over there,” he whispered. I followed his finger, and down a sloping hill, I saw the twinkling of the city in the distance.

“How did we get all the way out here?” I asked, astounded. Brian smiled sheepishly, but it was Johnny who answered my question.

“The halls we have extend just about everywhere underground,” he said softly. My eyes widened.

“I just thought you had some huge mansion in the city…” I said quietly, embarrassed.

“Don’t you think you’d have noticed some grand mansion in the middle of the city? It would be rather hard to stay inconspicuous,” Matt laughed. I looked down, my cheeks burning with embarrassment.

“It’s okay, sis,” Jimmy said, slinging an arm around me. “My family’s always been very discreet, I don’t blame you for thinking that – it’s only natural.” I smiled up at him. “My family built these halls centuries ago, and I’ve just extended them here and there to my liking.” I laughed. It was a very Jimmy thing to do, making secret passages that extend all over the city. He cleared his throat, and the other four men were immediately at his side. “Let’s head out,” he said quietly, squeezing me before letting go. Brian took my hand again, a little tighter this time. It made me nervous. The guys kind of formed a circle around me – Jimmy lead the way, Brian to my immediate left, Johnny diagonally behind him, Zacky to my right, and Matt behind me. I felt like I was some treasure that was being transported from one safe spot to another one, but quietly to avoid thieves.

I rolled my eyes. It was annoying – I’d lost my freedoms. I was trapped in a world that I couldn’t escape. After I was in, whether by accident or by choice, there was no getting out. I’d met some wonderful people, some I could never replace no matter how many other people I’d meet, but I’d still lost a lot. I sighed, more audibly than I realized.

“What’s up?” Brian whispered. I could see the other boys ears perk up.

“I’m just tired. I haven’t slept well, lately,” I whispered back. It wasn’t exactly a lie, I hadn’t slept well lately, but I didn’t want him to know what I was thinking. He slung me up on his back in a quick, fluid motion.

“You don’t even have to hold on if you don’t want to. I’m strong enough to keep you up,” he said, and I could hear the smile in his voice. I rolled my eyes and laid against his back, slinging my arms lightly around his neck. I nuzzled my face up against one side of his neck. “Love you, Tera,” he whispered.

“I love you too,” I mumbled, starting to fall asleep. His steps were so smooth that my body didn’t jolt at all, and I slowly slipped into unconsciousness.

I felt a soft jolt, and I woke, but kept my eyes close.

“We’re going to check around,” I heard Jimmy whisper. “Keep her safe, we’ll be back soon.” There was a pause. “I’m trusting you.” A few seconds later, I blinked my eyes open, but it was too dark to make out what was going on. I was laying on someone, my head lying against his neck on one side, my body crossing over his chest and my legs on the opposite side. I groaned, and rubbed my eyes with one hand. I felt a strong, large hand come to rest on my hip, and my eyes flew wide open.

“Matt!” I said, startled. I heard a deep chuckle. I squinted my eyes through the dark, and I could just barely make him out. I pushed against his chest, trying to move away, but he held onto my hip.

“What gave me away?” he whispered.

“Your hands,” I answered quietly. “They’re huge.” He chuckled again, squeezing my hip.

“Yes, I suppose they are. I’m so glad you noticed.” I didn’t like the way he was talking. I moved again.

“Matt, let me up.”

“Sorry, I’m under orders to keep you safe,” he pulled me in and whispered in my ear. “And what’s safer than having you this close?” I looked around in the dark, desperately hoping for one of the others to pop up.

“Matt, why is it so dark? It wasn’t when we left earlier,” I asked, hoping to distract him.

“We’re in the woods. The trees are blocking the little moonlight we had. And the sun will begin to rise soon,” he spoke in his normal voice.

“How long was I sleeping?” I asked quietly, hoping to keep up a good conversation.

“Only about an hour, I think. I don't really keep track of time when I’m running.” I nodded in response, trying to think of something else to say. “But Tera, I think you owe me something,” he whispered, his lips brushing against my ear. I shivered. “After all, I saved you from a terrible ending.”

“You also blindly dragged me into a place where I’m practically in chains. And you tried to drain me. I think we’re even,” I said back, trying to squirm out of his arms. He held me tightly, to the point where it almost hurt. “Matt,” I whimpered.

“Let me drink,” he whispered desperately. I froze.

“N-no,” I stuttered.

“Then I’ll tell them all how much you hate being trapped with us. I’ll tell them how you hate that you’re chained to our world. I’ll tell them how badly you want to escape. How you’re too good for this vile world.” I hung my head in defeat. “And if you show them these marks, I’ll deny it. I’ll tell them you seduced me, trying to convince me to set you free.” I bit my bottom lip, realizing he had me cornered. I couldn’t deny the first part of what he blackmailed me with, and that would make his little lie so perfectly believable.

He chuckled when I made no argument or protest against him, and he move me so that I was sitting next to him. He began to undo my jeans. I tried to struggle against him, but even if he was human, his strength far surpassed mine.

“Matt, what are you doing?!” I asked, fighting.

“There’s an artery in your thigh,” he answered, sliding my jeans down to my knees. He looked up at me. “I can’t leave such an obvious mark.” I hated how much his logic made sense, because his choice of placement made me beyond uncomfortable. He eyes rested on my panties.

“M-Matt,” I said, grabbing his attention. “We had a deal. And won’t the guys be back soon?” His expression became a mix of anger and desperation. His lips connected to the inside of my thigh in a sickenly sweet and gentle gesture. I held my breath, and I felt the pain as he bit through my skin. His hand dug into my leg as he silently drank my life source. My heart pounded in my chest as he drew away after several minutes, licking up anything he’d smeared on my leg, letting his tongue run up the length of my thigh. I shivered as he moved closer up, but then his head snapped up. He made sure I wasn’t bleeding anymore, and pulled my jeans back up. I fastened them and he pulled me back across his chest, just as we were when they’d left us.

“We’ll have to make a habit of his,” he growled quietly in my ear as I heard a rustle in the bushes. I laid down as if I were asleep, feeling even more trapped than I had when I’d awoken.