Status: Going on hiatus for awhile.

Trapped in a Vile World

Chapter Twenty-Eight

A deep growl escaped Jimmy’s lips; it made me shiver. Zacky squeezed me reassuringly, and I melted against his chest. I just wanted this whole ordeal to be over. Jimmy walked over and sat next to Zacky and I, thinking. I bit my lip nervously.

“Jimmy, you don’t have to do this. You guys could just go back home and not worry about me,” I whispered. Even though I kept my voice low, I know all five men were listening. Five pairs of eyes were on me in that instant: incredulous blue, protective green, apprehensive light brown, angry chocolate, and surprised hazel.

“Are you fucking kidding?” he asked, his eyes full of blue fire. “After everything we’ve gone through, you really think we’re just going to walk away?” He wasn’t angry, but his voice was full of power and authority that made me doubt what I’d just spoken.

“It’s not that you don’t care enough about me to stay, it’s that I care about you enough to ask you to do what’s safest for you,” I said softly, reaching out and laying my hand on top of his. His expression softened, but the fire in his eyes never dimmed.

“I told you that I would protect you with all that I have and all of my being. For the second since I’ve met you,” he squeezed my hands and I looked over at Johnny who was hiding his face in shame. My expression softened when I remembered the first real contact Jimmy and I had had, just before he’d sacrificed himself for me. I can still remember the sounds of the cracks and blows, and the sight of blood pouring down his back. I shivered and came back into the present. All five pairs of eyes still rested on me. “Let’s not talk about this again, okay?” I sighed heavily, looking at all five of them, then finally nodding. “Good,” Jimmy said quietly before looking sternly at his friends. “We need to move again, especially if one of them was here.” They all nodded, but I was confused.

“We just got here… And you guys just scouted the area,” I protested. I didn’t want to leave Zacky’s arms.

“If they sent someone here, it means they have a lock on our location, and we don’t want them to have such an easy target,” Johnny spoke up. “Strategically, moving around as much as possible now that we know they’re following us is the best idea.” I sighed, knowing that their logic was far superior to mine. Johnny chuckled and held out a hand to help me up. We all stood, and Jimmy started talking about travelling strategies, and I tuned out after they’d decided that I’d be thrown on someone’s back. While the guys were preoccupied with talking, I wandered around the little clearing, staring at the trees. I tried to figure out what kind they were, and played with the leaves. I could hear the buzzing of the guys talking and arguing about their positions on travel, and I rolled my eyes, concentrating harder on these particular leaves. I couldn’t quite place what they were. They had a unique fragrance that I’d never come across before. I leaned in a little closer, and a hand wrapped around my wrist, pulling me into the heavy brush. I opened my mouth to scream for help, but it was immediately covered by another hand. I struggled with all my might, but it seemed to have little to no effect on whoever my captor was. My hands were tied behind my back and I was thrown over the shoulder of someone very strong. I kept my eyes closed as my captor began to run, because the sensation was making me sick since I was hanging upside down. I knew by the time my head was starting to clear that I was too far away from the guys to yell for help, now. We were out of the woods and into a meadow. I couldn’t see much of what was around when I opened my eyes, mostly because the sensation made me feel sick.

I noticed my captor starting to slow their pace. I was able to get a better look around without feeling as sick. The world was upside down, but I could see that we were approaching a forested area. As we entered, my captor began to swerve and dodge around a lot, and I clamped my eyes shut from motion sickness. Soon, the swerving and the running both began to slow, and I opened my eyes again. The trees were thicker here, and the ground was steeping uphill. I bit my lip nervously. We must be nearing our destination. We emerged from the thick forest into a clearing a top a hill, and my jaw dropped in shock. There was an enormous castle in the center of the clearing, and we were headed right for it. We got to the large drawbridge, and as soon as my captor paused, it started to lower. Across the bridge and down a stone sidewalk stood two very tall, intimidating doors that entered the castle itself. As we approached the doors, they creaked open slowly.

“Enter,” a deep voice boomed out. My captor didn’t even hesitate before crossing the threshold.

Shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this update took so long, and sorry that it's so short, but it was a needed filler in the action.
I'll try to update sooner, but I'm on my last week of class before exams, so bare with me.
xoxo