Status: Going on hiatus for awhile.

Trapped in a Vile World

Chapter Four

“You!” I said, surprised and taken aback. The man with the green eyes chuckled.

“Nice to see you again, too,” his smooth voice said. His mischievous eyes were dancing, as though he was entertained by my confusion and shock.

I honestly did not know what to say. So many questions were buzzing in my head, but I couldn’t seem to articulate a single word of it. I sat there, mesmerized by the mystery in those green eyes.

“How are you feeling?” He asked, his eyes losing their mysterious humor. I was still frozen. “You took quite the beating there,” he continued, trying to prompt me. I looked down, and gasped again. My dress was gone. My chest from just below my collarbone to the bottom of my rib cage was wrapped in gauze, and make-shift skirt made from a ripped towel covered my legs almost down to my knees.

“Where are my clothes?!” I half yelled. His eyes raked my body, dancing with that mischievousness. That scared me even more.

“Calm down,” he said smoothly, but smirking. “Calm down, we’re not here to hurt you.”

“Well, where are my clothes?!” I yelled, louder. Now Mr. Green Eyes looked concerned.

“We had to remove them to tend to your wounds,” he said seriously. I’d almost forgotten. The gruesome events of the previous night all flashed trough my mind, making me wince.

“Are you okay?” he asked. I was freaking out. My clothes were gone, and I was in a strange place with strange people.

“Get away from me!” I shouted, shoving him with a surprising amount of force. Green Eyes fell onto his back, completely take off guard. I got up, ignoring the painful throbbing in my ribs and the pounding in my head, and tried to get away. The second man who had disappeared less than five minutes earlier, swung down, hanging upside down off of a low pipe right in my face.

“Boo!” he shouted sinisterly. I screamed, surprised and scared that he had popped up out of nowhere, trying to run away, so I tried to run away, and I ran into a wall; a warm wall.

“Warm wall?” I thought to myself. I looked at where I’d run into, and it wasn’t a wall at all; it was the man who had been walking with Green Eyes on the street yesterday. I was so confused as to everything. My eyes began to water and I hid my face in my hands. The strong man bent down so that he wasn’t towering over me. He moved my hands away from my face, surprisingly gentle for such a large man. He removed his dark Aviators, revealing his stunning light hazel-honey colored eyes. My eyes widened as I stared. He smiled a little, his face dimpling.

“I’m not going to hurt you,” he whispered, looking me in the eyes. I didn’t react, just stared back. “Do you believe me?” he asked, just as gently. Unable to speak, I nodded slightly. He smiled again, a sight that filled me with warmth. He scooped me up in his arms and walked back toward the couch. I leaned my forehead against his thick neck, and closed my eyes. It was the first time I’d felt peaceful in what seemed like forever.