Fix a heart

Who's that boy?

Amber's POV . (:

I woke up to fans screaming my name outside the hotel. Most people will be upset by that, especially after an 16 hour flight & a major time change. But let's be honest, I'm not like most people. And I'm not being superior by thinking that. It's the fans outside that made the impossible become reality. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I really do love my fans, I owe them everything. Without them I'd just be another wanna-be youtube star. I figured some of those fans had been waiting outside for hours. And let's face it, the weather wasn't like America here in England. Without an second thought I bolted out of the bed & into the coldest, quickest shower ever. I quickly blew dried my hair, I do love the heat from the blow dryer. I considered attempting to tease my hair into some sort of order but quickly abandoned that thought. Carrot top it was I thought with a sad little smile. My mother used to always call me that, cause of my red curly hair of course. Before she died of course. She died when I was around 5, I don't remember much about her but what I do remember is amazing. I shake my head to clear my mind, I need to focus on the present, not dwell on my past.

I walk back into the hotel bedroom and open up my zebra printed suitcase. I randomly spewed random clothes around the room. I decided on a random outfit and threw it on. I surveyed myself in the mirror. I was wearing black sequin shorts, black lace tights & a navy blue crop top. I decided add my favorite red leather. It's really worn but I've loved it ever since my first serious boyfriend gave it to me in college.

After grabbing a microphone & my signature guitar I made my way down to the crowd. I began to quicken my pace, I could hear the fans screams more clearly & it just added energy to my tired body. I rounded the last corner and then before I knew it I collided with a hard body & plummeted to the ground. I just looked upwards, dazed from my sudden fall. I found myself gazing at a boy, he seemed around my age. He had that swoopy brown hair that all the boys have been driving us girls crazy with lately. I tried to focus my eyes on his. His eyes were a nice blue green color. He returned my gaze but I detected something else in his. Once I lowered my eyes I quickly realized what it was. Scorn. Disgust. Hatred. It was written all over his chiseled face. But why? I could have sworn I've never met this guy in my life. No I would have remembered him. I couldn't handle this any longer. Shakily, I rose to my full 5'8" height and walked away as fast as possible. Even as my legs carried me further & further away from Mr.Moody & tortured I could still feel his gaze burning a hole in the back of my head. Believe me when I say this isn't a good thing.

My original plan of just meeting & singing my fans through the front door had been shot down due to safety issues. Apparently the crowd was already riled up. Instead I was led out the back doors. When I arrived at the edge of the crowd with my bodyguard & the crowd was already chaos. In the middle of the crowd were 5 boys who really stood out. Especially since one of these boys was piercing gaze was locked on my own, complete with a glare. Just lovely. I took a deep breath and made my way to the front of the hotel and sat on the stairs. I felt the crowd shift from the boys to me. I took one shaky breath, this being famous stuff was still new to me & I didn't want to disappoint anybody here. "Hey guys! I figured I'd play some songs for you. After all I know some of you have been here even before I got here," I spoke calmly into the microphone. Let's just say I might have sounded confident but my heart was probably going a million miles a minute. Especially since I couldn't tear my eyes from the guy hated me for no reason. I couldn't let my fans see that he was distressed so I listened to some of their requests and began to create a playlist of which ones I'd sing.

I decided to begin with an acoustic version of my of my better known songs, wish you were here. My fingers moved easily around my guitar as I strummed the notes perfectly. Then came the singing.

"I can be tough, I can be strong
But with you, it's not like that at all
There's a girl that gives a shit
Behind this wall, you just walk through it

And I remember all those crazy things you said
You left them running though my head
You're always there, you're everywhere
But right now I wish you were here"

As the chorus came on I really belted it out. I let all my emotions, my confusion, my gratitude, everything into the song & the crowd felt it. They screamed their heads off & I couldn't help but smile. I look around while I sang trying to locate a certain someone but all I saw was one of the boys, the one with the curly hair give me a grateful look as he walked away. I shrugged off this weirdness and continued the song. Once I finished there was an thunderous applause and I felt so amazing. I continued to play several more songs, it felt as if I could sing to these people all day.

I fed off the crowd's energy & they fed off mine. It was an endless cycle. It felt like I sang every song on my album. From the top of my head I could say I sung give your heart a break, skyscraper, not enough, bad reputation (brought the whole band out for that one!), tell my why, our song, jar of hearts. domino & remember when. Now it was time for one of favourite songs to sing live; why don't you love me. This song required another voice to sing along with me, a male voice. It was always fun to pick the guy for the song. I announced the fact this was my next song and the crowd went even more wild. It was seriously insane. Somehow a familiar curly haired boy was standing beside me and he gave me a cheeky grin as he begin to sing the 1st verse & the chorus of the song. Not only was curly super cute, he had an amazing voice, he hit all the high notes & sung the low notes with a sexy deep tone. He better be somehow involved in the music world. Suddenly the time for my solo came and I sang with all of my power.

"See I'm just too scared to tell you the truth
Cause my heart ache can't take anymore
Broken and bruised longing for you
And I don't know what I'm waiting for"

As the song went on this boy continued his wonderful performance. Then our voices melded together effortlessly & we created an flawless performance. I almost liked this version of the song better then the one of the album. Okay, so I did. But could you blame me? The crowd must have loved it to because we received the loudest response I've gotten all day. This guy really knew how to work a crowd for being just a random British dude. The more I thought about it seemed less likely that this was a random British guy with superb talent. Same with that guy who couldn't stop glaring at me. And those other 3 boys. I had to figure out who they were.

Security led me (& strangely this other boy) away from the crowd and safely inside the hotel. That's when I couldn't hold my curiousness in any longer. I whirled around to face him and asked simply "Who are you?!" I know, I should totally be a detective if this singing thing doesn't work out. I got a wink and a smirk from it. Go me!

" Curiosity killed the cat," he responded with a cheeky grin that looked so totally practised.. & perfect.

"Good thing I'm no cat then," I replied with a roll of my eyes I gathered all of the dignity I could muster & strutted away.

Not before I could hear an whispered "Harry Styles.."
♠ ♠ ♠
————- authors note; Haha hey invisible readers :p Anyways this is the next chapter! Sorry it isn't the best.. at all /: As you can tell Amber sings a bunch of song from my Ipod that I happen to love. Let's just pretend she can magically sound like over 5 singers xD Lol this chapter is even worse then i thought. Wrote it like 6 months ago. Ughhh. Please comment! xo