Irredeemable

The Beginning of the End

"You brought him here to kill me!" Anakin screeched at Padme, his words dripping with rage and venom.

I watched in silent horror as Anakin began to choke Padme. I struggled to keep the serious look on my face. What he was doing was horrifying, to the woman that was his sole reason for breathing. How could this have been the same person who had once saved my life? The one person that I knew I had always been able to rely on? The person who was expecting children from the very woman that he was slowly killing? How in one action had made me believe that he had fallen into the darkness and lies of the Sith?

After commanding him to let her go, he dropped her. Padme's body collapsed onto the ground like a lifeless rag doll. I rushed over to her, I had to make sure she was still alive. I reached over and checked her pulse; she was still alive and breathing. I said a silent thank you to whoever was listening.

Anakin took off his Jedi robe and discarded it onto the ground. All that I could see in his eyes were orbs of hate and evil, his eyes flickering between yellow and blue. Was this really the man I once had been proud to call my best friend?

"You turned her against me!" he shouted over the lava explosions that filled the air.

"You have done that yourself Anakin! You allowed yourself to be corrupted by the very thing we were trained to destroy! It's all your fault for everything that’s happened!" I screamed at him, pure anger filled my every word.

"Don't lecture me Valin. You're just as corrupt as the rest of the Jedi. I have brought peace and order to my new Empire."

"Your new Empire? Anakin my loyalty has always been to everything good and pure. Come back to the light, we can help you!"

"Leave Valin, for old time’s sake."

"Let me take Padme to a medical center at least. She’s hurt."

"She stays."

"I will do what I must then."

"You will try."

I activated my lightsaber. The green blade hummed as I positioned myself to strike. The heat emitting from the lava was making my brown tunic and cream pants stick to my skin from my sweat. I ignored this, the only thing on my mind was to take this murderer, this fiend, that wore my friend’s body down. I jumped up and swung at Anakin’s head.

Anakin's blue lightsaber ignited and swung to meet mine. Fate, in two movements, had been sealed.

*********************
8 years ago

I ran after Master Fisto, my clumsy thirteen year old legs causing me to stumble and fall into a stack of sparring robot parts. My master turned around and smiled in amusement.

"Are we feeling clumsy today Valin?" Master Fisto asked me.

"Yes, I apologize master," I said with my head bowed.

"Do not be so harsh upon yourself. It is but a trait of the young. Tell you what, Master Kenobi when he was your age once tripped and managed to knock over all of the plates in the dining hall."

"Really?"

"It was a true story, I was there."

"He was the one who tripped me." A different voice spoke out.

I turned around to see Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker walk up to us. Master Kenobi and Master Fisto shook hands before telling us to go away for a bit while they talked.

I looked at Anakin, for the person known as the chosen one he wasn't much to look at. His ruffled short cropped brown hair and unkempt tunic made me think he just got out of bed. It wasn't until I hit his blue eyes that I realized I was wrong. His eyes shown through with power and confidence that cast away any doubt.

"I'm Anakin Skywalker. Who are you?" he asked curiously.

"My name is Valin, Valin Saldeen," I told him while running a hand through my slick black hair.

"It's nice to meet you Valin. Do you know what we are doing?"

"Some kind of camping trip Master Fisto told me. But I couldn't tell if he was kidding or not."

"And why would I ever joke about a camping trip?" Master Fisto asked as he walked over.

"Because once you said I had to kill fifty gundarks in order to learn form two lightsaber training." I spoke truthfully.

"Ah the innocence and truthfulness of the young. Enjoy it while it lasts Master," Obi-wan said, Anakin gave him a strange glare to which Obi-wan chuckled and clasped him on the shoulder.

This was the first time I had ever gotten a look at Master Obi-wan. His chestnut brown hair was of about medium length, falling to about mid-neck. A rough assortment of bristles covered his chin as the crude beginning attempts of growing a beard. A pair of amused bluish gray eyes peered at me as if he was expected some funny reaction out of me.

"That is enough discussion for now let us head to the ship. It's going to be a long journey to Halethorn 4," Master Obi-wan suggested.

"An excellent idea Master Obi-wan, off to the ship!" Master Fisto said excitedly.

All four of us walked to the long silver-grey ship. I had never ridden in one before and I was beginning to get nervous. I turned and noticed Anakin was getting excited the closer we got to the alien craft. We boarded the ramp and it sealed shut behind us; our journey was ready to begin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes the opening scene on Mustafar was nesscary It is not the full scene it was just a teaser of all that is yet to come.