Status: All done!

He's Changed

Chapter Two

Five years and two Elliot Minor albums later, Destiny had all the qualifications needed for her dream job; she was officially a self-employed music producer. She kept her eyes and ears peeled for news of Elliot Minor eager to hear 'her boys' making music again.

Eventually, she managed to contact the bands manager, Gary. She explained that she knew the band and he arranged to meet her with the guys at a studio.

'How weird is this gonna be?' said Teddy as they sat in the car on the way to the studio.

'It'll be just like it used to, us playing music and Des, there to tell us what works and what doesn't,' commented Ali.

'Dude, aren't you excited?' said Ed to Alex.

Alex merely shrugged. He was wearing dark glasses to keep the sun from making his hangover worse than it already was. His messy hair and leather jacket completing the rockstar look.

'Lex, this is Destiny White we are talking about! Remember her? The one you were madly in love with at school? The one you promised you stay in contact with? The one you promised you would never change for?'

'I remember, ok? She was my girlfriend. Now can you please shut up?' said Alex, pressing his fingers to his temples. 'I swear, if she makes us play music my head will explode,' he muttered.

'Well, maybe you shouldn't go out drinking till 3 in the morning when you know you have work the next day,' replied Ed.

When they arrived at the studio, a few people stopped the guys for autogrphs and then the went inside to greet their old school friend.

Everyone hugged Destiny hello. Everyone apart from Alex, he simply nodded to her and said 'Hey' before sitting with the others on the sofa. Destiny looked a bit hurt and Ed gave Alex a sharp dig in the ribs.

'So, guys,' smiled Destiny, please to see them again after so long. 'I'm guessing you have some new songs already written?'

'Yeah,' replied Ed when Alex didn't. 'Be great to hear what you think of them though, like old times.'

'Show me then!' she said happily, gesturing to the door to the studio space.

The morning passed with band and producer bouncing ideas off of each other and improving what had already been written and soon it was lunch time.

Destiny approached Alex.

'Hey, Lex,' she said.

'Hi, Destiny,' he replied.

'Has being in a band been as great as you expected then?'

'Yeah,' came the blunt reply.

'Your music's great!'

'Thanks.'

The conversation continued in this way for a few moments until Destiny finally gave up and walked back towards the studio. Ed noticed and followed her in.

'You ok?' he asked her.

'I guess,' she replied. 'I just thought he'd be happy to see me.'

'If it's any comfort the rest of us are,' smiled Ed.

'Thanks,' replied Destiny, a half-smile gracing her lips. 'You remember the last thing I asked him though.'

Ed simply nodded.

'He's really changed.'
♠ ♠ ♠
There will only be one or two more chapters!

Thanks for reading
Jen xx