Status: All done!

He's Changed

Chapter Three

Over the weeks that Destiny and Elliot Minor spent in the studio Alex became less and less vocal, not even talking to his band mates so it fell to Ed to take charge. This of course meant he would be talking to Destiny a lot more. She seemed to have accepted the fact that this was not some sort high school reunion, but work. As annoyed as she was that Alex no longer seemed to take interest in her, the awkwardness and disappointment soon faded, but not before she had had a heart-to-heart chat with Ed.

'He hasn't even looked at me and it's been a week,' she complained staring out of the window to where Alex was sat, puffing on a cigarette. 'Where has my Lexi gone?'

'I am sorry, Des. We tried to keep him as he was but rock'n'roll got the better of him.'

She placed her head in her hands, making her next words slightly muffled. 'I've waited for him this whole time. How many girls have there been?'

'Honestly?' asked Ed and as she nodded he moved to sit next to her. 'I've lost count.'

It was then that Destiny began to cry. Ed wrapped his arm around her shoulders and held her until the tears subsided.

'He's not worth this, Des. He knew how you felt and did all this shit any way. Don't waste your emotions, you're a great girl and you deserve better,' said Ed, before kissing the top of her head.

It may have been a tiny gesture, but to Destiny it meant the world. She sat up and sniffed, wiping away the last tears she would ever shed over Alex Davies.

***

The album was almost done and Ed, Dan and Destiny were the only people left in the studio late one summer evening. Dan was in the recording booth dismantling his kit while Ed and Destiny worked on some of the mixing.

'Thanks for letting me be so involved in this,' said Ed, smiling. 'We normally get kicked out during the mixing.'

'Well, it's your music not mine!' laughed Destiny.

Their eyes met in that moment and something happened between the two friends. There was something in the others gaze that seemed like a magnet. Destiny could feel herself being pulled towards Ed Minton by some undefinable force and before she knew it their lips had closed round each others.

It was like nothing she had felt with Alex, sure he had been attractive and she had never looked twice at any other guy, but she knew she was making a concious decision to be with him. With Ed, she didn't have a choice. It just happened. And it just felt right.

Then they heard Dan cough awkwardly from the door.

'The kits in the car,' he said.

That was their cue to leave.

'Dan, about that...' said Ed, gesturing to Destiny as she shut down all the equipment.

'I'm surprised it took you that long,' said Dan, smiling cheekily. 'And don't tell me you feel guilty about Alex! The guys a prick, you deserve her way more than he ever will.'