Status: All done!

He's Changed

Chapter Four

'Ok, guys,' said Ed Minton as th rest of Elliot Minor sat around him and Destiny. 'I know this isn't the best moment to do this, what with our biggest tour coming up, but Des and I are going to get married.'

Most of the guys cheered, jumping up and higging their best friends, Destiny showing everyone the large diamond that now adorned her left hand.

Then Alex approached her. 'Dezzy...' he started, but she cut him off.

'Don't,' she said sharply. 'Don't you dare think you have the right to use that nickname anymore. You lost that privilige when you became a drunken rock star.'

'But, Des, I always thought it'd b me that got to marry you,' he sounded sad, but as it was the first time he had properly had a conversation with her since... well, she hated to think it but, since that last day of high school, she found it hard to feel sorry for him.

'Me, too, Lex. I honestly thought you wre The One. But you're not. In fact I don't know who you are. I just now that Ed has been there for me whenever you weren't, even at school, and if I ask him not to change and not to forget me I know he'll keep to his word.'

At that point Ed walked over and snaked his arm round his fiancee's waist.

'Lex, I understand if you're upset and you say no to this, but there has never been anyone else I've wanted with me at the altar; will you be my best man?'

Both Ed and Des looked at Alex with hopeful expressions on their faces and, although he knew he hadn't treated his ex-girlfriend right when it mattered, he wasn't going to let her down on the biggest day of her life.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End!! Thanks to anyone who actually reads this!!

I would be very grateful for any comments! :)

Jen xx