Sequel: Wrists Intact

Hearts Intact

We're A Bull

I kicked the person as hard as I could and I heard them groan. Good, this person wasn’t like Patrick and made out of steel, or I had just gotten stronger, but to keep believing that I had never been weak, we’ll just say that the person wasn’t made out of steel.
I noticed that the person’s hand was in the perfect position for me to bite it so that is exactly what I did. It tasted absolutely disgusting but it worked, they let go of me. And me, being the stupid idiot that I am ran to the middle of the alley and turned around to get a look at the person. It was a guy, an older guy, in his mid-thirties I’d say. He had thin, greasy blonde hair and watery brown eyes. His clothes were all grimy and he looked as if he hadn’t showered in ages.
“Ah come on darling, don’t be like that!” He said, his voice thick in a maritime accent. I shuddered and turned to run out of the alley, but of course three more guys, his friends I’m assuming, had gathered at the entrance of the alley. I turned to run deeper in the alley but there were three more guys, blocking the way. Why hadn’t I noticed them before? Better yet, why hadn’t I just taken Ryan’s stupid hand? Then none of this would’ve happened!
Since I couldn’t run I did the only thing I could do as the guys closed in on me, I back up. Yeah, that got me really far. About five whole feet and then I backed right into the stupid building. It’s kind of depressing, realizing that you were about to die.
“Yeah darling, we just want to have some fun!” Another guy said, his words all slurring together. All I could smell was beer as they closed in on me. I reached down into my pockets and was alarmed when I couldn’t find my knife. Then it hit me, Pete had never given it back to me! Great, the one time I really needed it was the only time I didn’t have it!
“Leave me alone!” I said. To my surprise I didn’t sound scared, just fed up. Wow, maybe I was better in life-threatening situations than I thought I was.
“Don’t be like that! We won’t hurt you, much!” One the guys said, causing all of the other guys to start laughing. I was trying to figure out how I could escape when one of them grabbed me. And suddenly all of them were trying to grab me. Needless to say, it was one of the worst moments of my life.
“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” I heard a familiar voice say. The guys stopped trying to grab me and all turned. To my absolute delight, Ryan was standing in entrance to the alley. He looked angry too, I don’t know what words I could use to describe just how furious he looked. I’ve honestly never seen anyone look angrier.
“Get out of here!” One of the guys said threateningly. He took a step towards Ryan but when Ryan didn’t back off he stopped.
“I said get out of here!” He repeated. Ryan looked at him for a second and then he snarled. I am telling you the truth, the snarl that came from him sounded like no other I’d ever heard before, not from any animal or anything. It was the scariest sound I’ve ever heard. Apparently the group of guys had never heard anything so scary before either because they all turned and ran. They guy who’d been holding onto me let go of me so fast I started to fall. Somehow though, Ryan got from the alley entrance to me in time to catch me.
“Are you okay?” Ryan asked, helping me stand up. I nodded but in that second the panic set in. I started to tremble so much I found it hard to stand. I was freezing all of a sudden too. I wasn’t sure if it was because I was so close to Ryan or maybe because of the shock. Whatever the reason I was frozen.
“Come on, let’s go!” Ryan said, looking down the alley. He looked back at me and realized that I could barely stand. Without saying anything to me he picked me up and started walking swiftly out of the alley. I started to protest and then found that I couldn’t. I couldn’t say anything, I was too scared to speak.
Ryan carried me all the way to a park not far from where all of our motor homes were. Walking into it, he put me down underneath a tree. I was a little bit better, but the fact that I could’ve just been murdered or worse was still setting in.
“Are you okay?” He asked me. For the second time I nodded to his question. To my surprise, he looked angry at my response.
“You are such a liar! You’re not okay!” He said angrily. I just stared at him. Finally, I worked up enough courage to speak.
“I’m alive and unhurt, I think that counts as okay!” I said. My answer still didn’t satisfy him.
“I’m not with you for two seconds and you get into trouble! Do you realize that they could have killed you?” He said, throwing his hands up in the air. I glared at him.
“I think I realize that better than you do!” I said. He glared at me.
“This isn’t funny!” He snapped. I stared at him in disbelief. Did he seriously think that I thought that this was funny? (A/N: Wow there was a lot of t’s in that sentence!)
“I don’t think it is!” I said angrily. He looked like he wanted to strangle me.
“You’re acting like you think it is!” He muttered, still glaring at me. I wanted to hit him.
“Dude, I could’ve been killed! I’m in a little thing called shock! You can hardly hold me responsible for how I’m acting right now!” I snapped. He glared at me for a second longer and then closed his eyes, taking a deep breath.
“Okay, calm down, just relax.” He whispered to himself. I ignored him; I’d just realized that Skylar and the others were going to find out about this. Oh God, they would probably lock me in a closet now and never let me leave!
“Come on!” Ryan said suddenly, grabbing the neck of my sweater and pulling me to my feet. He basically dragged me out of the park and onto the sidewalk.
“What the hell are you doing?” I asked angrily. He didn’t falter as he answered me.
“Taking you back! At least this way you won’t be able to get into any trouble!” He said. It was hard to keep up to him, he was walking so fast and I knew that if I fell he would just drag me.
In a few minutes we reached where all of the motor homes were. Ryan pulled me right past my motor home though.
“Hey, my motor home is over there, with my brother and band inside!” I said as if he were stupid. He didn’t even glanced at me as he answered, still dragging me along.
“They’re not there, they went out to a bar!” He said.
“And how would you know that?” I asked, positive that he was lying. Ryan had basically been with me the whole time, he wouldn’t have been able to talk to Skylar and the others.
“I just do now shut-up!” He snapped. I was silent; to be honest he kind of scared me. I’d never seen anyone so angry and that snarl had been, well, unholy I guess would be a good word to describe it.
He dragged me over to his motor home and pushed the door open. Of course with my luck, Brendon, Spencer and Jon were there with everyone from Fall Out Boy. I wished that I could just disappear. But of course I couldn’t, I had to live through yet another very awkward and uncomfortable situation. That seemed to be the story of my life lately.
“What happened?” Brendon asked, jumping to his feet. Ryan didn’t answer, instead, he pushed me into Brendon, hard. It felt like I’d just been pushed into a cement wall. And Brendon was cold; I was beginning to learn that nearly everyone in the music industry was freezing.
“Ryan, what happened?” Spencer asked. Ryan was pacing back and forth and everyone was staring at him.
“Ask her!” He said in a very irritated-sounding voice. Everyone turned to stare at me but I was silent. No way I was telling this story, that would involve a lot of talking, which I wasn’t exactly sure I could do right now. Ryan glared at me and sighed in frustration.
As he told everyone what happened, Brendon gently pushed me down onto the couch, which was very crowded by the way. I ended up sitting in between Patrick and Pete. Patrick was warm, which was good, but Pete was freezing like usual, which really sucked.
When Ryan finished telling them all (he left out his snarl by the way) everyone turned to stare at me again, it was a bit unnerving.
“Are you okay?” Spencer asked. I was beginning to hate that question but I nodded. I figured that would make them happy. I was wrong, I’m always wrong.
“You’re lying.” Jon said. I glared at him but didn’t say anything. I was exhausted all of a sudden; all I wanted to do was go to sleep.
“And what happened to the guys.” Pete asked Ryan slowly. To my surprise, Ryan looked disappointed.
“They got away.” He said darkly. Wasn’t that good? I mean, not good that they could go out and maybe try and hurt another girl, but weren’t we glad they had decided not to stay? After all, it had been seven against one, Ryan would have defiantly lost, even if he was really, really scary.
Basically everyone exchanged dark looks while I started shivering. I was quickly starting to realize that I would never be warm again, not as long as I hung out with other people in bands.
“You are a magnet for trouble!” Joe said, shaking his head at me. I glared at him.
“You have no idea.” I muttered. Everyone turned to look at me, alarmed. What was wrong with these people?
“What’s that supposed to mean?” Pete asked. I thought the meaning was pretty clear but apparently it wasn’t.
“That means that yes, I am a magnet for trouble, this is not the worst thing that’s happened.” I said irritably. And then I realized what I had said. Crap, I really needed to stop doing that!
“What could be worse, you could’ve been killed!” Ryan said angrily. Now everyone turned to look at him and I heard someone, maybe Spencer, tell him to calm down.
“You don’t want to know and I don’t want to talk about it.” I muttered. Great, this might lead to another awkward conversation. I was getting good at them.
To my surprise, they let the topic drop. I’d really been expecting them to react a lot more. I was glad they seemed so calm about it, don’t get me wrong, but I really hadn’t been expecting it. Anyway, it worked out good, only a few minutes later I fell asleep.