Sequel: Wrists Intact

Hearts Intact

I Love You In The Same Way

Skylar and the others basically bullied Ryan and I into going to the police station to report the group of guys. So we spent a good three hours at the police station, giving detailed descriptions of the guys and what happened. I got asked if I was okay at least fifteen more times and by the time we finally left I was ready to kill someone.
“You look happy.” Jimmy said once we were back in the car. I threw a newspaper at him. He ducked but it still hit him and it made me smile.
“I think that you should buy us ice cream!” I said. Everyone in the car, which was Ryan, Jimmy and Brendon, turned to give me confused looks.
“Why ice cream, you don’t even like ice cream that much!” Jimmy said. I rolled down the window and then rolled it back up. I was a little bit hyper.
“Because ice cream makes me happy.” I said. Everyone stared at me for a second longer and then they all smiled.
“Fine, whatever you say darling!” Jimmy said in a southern drawl. I shuddered; he knows that I hate it when he talks like that.
“Thanks so much, what would I ever do without you?” I asked, speaking like a newfie. This time it was Jimmy’s turn to shudder while Ryan and Brendon burst out laughing.
“What the heck did you just say?” Brendon asked once he finally finished laughing. I smiled at him.
“I said, thanks so much, what would I ever do without you?” I repeated slowly, still talking like a newfie.
“I hate when you talk like that, you do it too well!” Jimmy said, glaring at me in his rearview mirror. I pretended to be confused.
“Talk like what? This, because this is how I’ve always talked!” I said in my newfie accent again. Brendon and Ryan laughed again.
“Stop it you freak!” Jimmy said. I grinned but remained silent like a good girl. It was always fun annoying Jimmy, it always put me in a good mood.
To my surprise, Jimmy actually bought all of us ice cream. I hadn’t really expected him to. We wondered into a little park near the store to eat our ice cream.
“So, have you talked to Sheila lately?” I asked Jimmy after a few minutes of silence. He nodded, looking really happy.
“Yup, just last night. She’s doing good, she had a few friends staying over but other than that she said that nothing’s new.” He said.
“That’s good. Next time you talk to her tell her that I say hi.” I said. I missed Sheila, I’d never gone this long without seeing her before! I could only imagine how Jimmy felt.
After that we all started talking. Not about anything important, but at least we were talking. Once we finished our ice cream we drove back to the motor homes.

*******

“So, what’s it like, touring with Fall Out Boy and Panic! At The Disco?” The reporter asked. It’d been a few days since the incident in Vancouver and now we were back in Calgary, (finally!) and we were currently being interviewed by a reporter for the Calgary Herald.
I didn’t really listen as Devin and Skylar answered, I’m really not a big fan of interviews. I won a contest a few years ago and it seemed like everyone wanted to interview me because of it.
“So who would you say is the front man of the band?” The reporter was asking. I think his name was Greg or something, I hadn’t really been listening when he’d introduced himself to us.
“No one is the front man, Izzye and I share the role of lead singer, Jimmy takes care of all of our equipment and books shows while Devin does most of the talking.” Skylar said with a shrug.
“Who writes your lyrics?” Greg asked. Ugh, I hate this question! This question and when people ask us how we got our name!
“We all get together and brainstorm but Izzye writes most of the songs.” Devin said. I glared at him.
“Where do you get your inspiration for your songs?” Greg asked, turning to stare at me.
“Uh well mostly I take situations in my own life or these guys lives and write about it. When nothing is going on in my life that is interesting enough to write about, I read stories about kids going through bad times and write songs about that. Or I just read about historical people and write about that, like we have one song about Jack the Ripper.” I said. That answer should satisfy him.
“Would you say that your lyrics are dark?” Greg asked. What the hell kind of question was that, like honestly?
“Um well I guess some of them are a little darker but I wouldn’t necessarily call them dark.” I said awkwardly.
“But you have a song about Jack the Ripper, don’t you think that your lyrics would be classified as dark then?” Greg pressed.
“Uh, well I guess they are then.” I said, sounding very confused. Jimmy was looking at me sympathetically and both Skylar and Devin were glaring at Greg.
“Do you write your own music?” Greg asked. We all stared at him.
“Of course we write our own music, we wouldn’t play anyone else’s music!” Jimmy said, sounding insulted. I felt insulted, we’d never let anyone write our music for us!
“All of you write your own parts?” Greg asked.
“Yes, we each write our own parts.” Skylar said coolly. He was starting to get angry now.
“Even her?” Greg asked, nodding towards me. I felt like hitting him.
“Defiantly, Izzye writes all of her own parts!” Jimmy said loudly, glaring at Greg.
“It was just a question!” Greg muttered, glaring back at Jimmy. Oh God this was defiantly the worst interview ever!
“So are you guys all single?” Greg asked. We all nodded and Greg looked surprised.
“Seriously?” He asked. We all nodded again.
“Yup, not a single one of us is seeing anybody.” Jimmy said. Greg raised an eyebrow, clearly not believing us.
“Well there’s a room going around that Izzye is dating Pete.” Greg said. That got my attention.
“WHAT! NO!” I cried, absolutely horrified. Pete was fine and all, but just no!
“Where did you here that?” Skylar asked protectively. Seriously, I don’t think I’ll ever be able to date anyone, Skylar would kill them.
“Sorry, but I’ve got to protect my sources.” Greg said smugly. That meant he had none, he’d made it up.
“Well then, we’ve got to go, nice talking to you!” Devin said. He grabbed mine and Skylar’s arms and pulled us away from Greg. I went along nicely, eager to leave that jackass of a reporter behind.
“I hate people, I hate people and I hate people!” I said angrily as we all walked towards the car. Devin, Jimmy and Skylar all nodded.
“Did I mention that I hate people?” I asked as we got into the car.
“Yes, a thousand times!” Jimmy said. He was mad, not at me, but at Greg. We were all mad at Greg, that stupid, stupid reporter!
“Come on, let’s just go home and not read the paper tomorrow.” Skylar said, starting the car. We all agreed on that, defiantly no reading of the paper tomorrow.