Sequel: Wrists Intact

Hearts Intact

For The Salvation I’m Bringing You

“So this is your room.” Ryan said, sitting on my bed and staring at my walls.
“So this is my room.” I said, looking around. It looked the same, but it didn’t feel like my room anymore.
“You like horses.” Ryan stated. I guess it was kind of obvious, with all of my horse drawings taped to my walls.
“I like horses.” I repeated. Ryan grinned and put his arms around my waist, pulling me onto the bed beside him.
“You do realize that if my Dad walks in you’re dead, right?” I asked. He laughed.
“I doubt your father could kill me!” He said. I shrugged.
“I don’t know, there’s nothing quite like a father when he sees his daughter with her boyfriend. I believe that the words to describe it are homicidal rage.” I said. Ryan laughed again.
“Fine, I guess I can wait!” Ryan said with an exasperated sigh. Now it was my turn to laugh.
“Aw is poor little Ryan sad?” I asked, sounding as if I were talking to a baby. Ryan put on a pouty face and nodded.
“Well too bad, we better go downstairs before my Dad comes up here to kill you!” I said. Ryan looked hurt.
“Fine then, be like that!” He said. I jumped to my feet.
“Fine then, I will.” I said, in my best I-am-so-angry-at-you voice. Apparently it was convincing because Ryan grabbed my arm, pulling me back onto the bed.
“Are you mad at me?” He asked. I smiled and shook my head.
“No, I just wanted to make you think that I was mad at you!” I said. He looked very confused.
“That doesn’t even make sense!” He said.
“It does too!” I said. I sounded like a three year old but I didn’t care.
“Does not!” He said with a smile.
“Does too!”
“Does not!”
“Does too!” I said. Instead of continuing our little argument, he kissed me.
“You’re just asking for my dad to kill you!” I said when we pulled apart. He grinned.
“Maybe, at least it’d be entertaining.” He said. I laughed and pushed him away from me.
“Come on you freak, or else he’ll send up a search party!” I said. Reluctantly Ryan got off my bed and followed me downstairs. Everyone was sitting in my living room, having awkward conversations.
Brendon motioned for Ryan to join him and my father so I was left standing alone by the staircase. I was just going to go talk to Sheila when Rae came over to me.
“Can I talk to you for a second?” She asked. I nodded and she led me outside.
“What is it?” I asked. Rae hesitated before speaking.
“I know it’d probably be more helpful for me to speak to Brendon or Spencer about this, but how do you and Ryan do it?” She asked. Well I was thoroughly confused now.
“Do what?” I asked. Rae glanced around nervously before answering.
“How do you have a whole relationship when you smell so damn good?” She said. I just stared at her. Honestly, what the hell am I supposed to say to that?
“Sorry that came out kind of wrong, what I mean is, to us, vampires, each person has their own scent and you smell so tasty! How can you guys date without him trying to drink your blood?” She asked. Well that was a bit creepy.
“Um, I don’t know. You’d have to ask him.” I said slowly. Rae smiled weakly.
“Sorry for freaking you out, I’m just not used to the whole, being a vampire thing.” She said. I nodded.
“That makes sense; it would be a bit creepy.” I said. She nodded eagerly.
“To be honest, I’m scared they’ll find us. They hate Ryan and the others, they want to kill them. Vampires aren’t supposed to betray each other.” She said quietly.
“What do you mean by betray?” I asked. Rae never got a chance to answer though, because my dad came storming out through the back door.
“Get the hell out of here!” He yelled, causing both Rae and I to jump. What the hell was he talking about?
“Wh-what? Dad, what’s wrong?” I stuttered. I will say, my dad is very scary when he’s angry. And I don’t think that I’d ever seen him angrier.
“Get the fuck out of here right now!” He screamed. Both Rae and I were taking steps backwards now, pretty damn freaked out.
“Dad, what are you doing?” I asked, my voice shaking. This was pretty random for my Dad to do.
“Shut up and get out of here!” He yelled. He started running towards Rae and I and both of us bolted. Rae, of course, was faster than me, so she got to the living room before I did. Everyone looked confused.
“What the hell is wrong with Dad?” I asked my mom angrily. Her eyes were wide in surprise.
“I-I don’t know, he answered the phone and then went out to see you guys.” She said. No one else got a chance to talk, because my dad came running into the house.
“Get out!” He screamed. I hid behind Ryan while Rae ducked behind Brendon. We weren’t sure which of us he was mad at.
“Honey, what is going on?” My mom asked. My dad glared at her and she fell silent.
“I want that little whore out of this house right now!” He said. Rae and I glanced at each other. Neither of us were whores.
“Who the hell are you talking about?” Pete asked angrily. My dad turned to glare at him, shaking from anger.
“Both of them, both of those stupid little whores!” He said, staring at Rae and I. Seriously, what the hell did we do?
“You don’t want to say that!” Brendon growled. My dad glared at him now.
“Watch me!” He snapped. Brendon started to snarl but Spencer punched him in the stomach, hard. Good, my parents would freak if they heard him snarl.
“You guys let’s just go!” I said. I really didn’t want to see anyone get mad, especially no one that was able to drink blood.
“No Izzye, I want to know why he’s calling you and Rae names.” Ryan growled. I was pulling on his arm but it was useless, it was like trying to pull a statue that’s been cemented into the ground.
“None of your business, now get out of my house!” My dad yelled. Pete took a step towards him, a wild look in his eyes. It kind of scared me. He started to say something but he was interrupted by Patrick.
“Guys stop it now!” He yelled. Immediately the wild look in Pete’s eyes disappeared and he looked ashamed of himself.
“Please, let’s go!” I begged. That seemed to work, we left as fast as we could. My dad looked ready to kill us and I had to fight hard to keep from crying. Just when I thought my parents loved me, he had to go and do that.
“Are you okay?” Ryan asked me as we got into the car. I nodded and looked over at Rae. She looked as disturbed as I felt.
“I just don’t know why he would do that.” I muttered. Ryan nodded and hugged me.
“It’s okay.” He whispered. I nodded and rested my head on his shoulder and just listened to everyone else talk.
“Don’t do that!” Patrick was saying to Pete. Pete stared at the ground, ashamed.
“I know, I’m sorry!” He said. Patrick was glaring at him but he didn’t say anything. Here’s another thing to know about vampires, when they get really angry, they start to lose control of themselves. DON’T PISS THEM OFF IF YOU WANT TO STAY ALIVE!
I love how totally and completely uneventful my life is at all times.