Sequel: Wrists Intact

Hearts Intact

When I’m Home Alone I Just Dance By Myself

Izzye’s POV

“Hey Izzye, wake up!” Someone was saying, shaking me gently. Very slowly I opened my eyes. I was exhausted and all I wanted to do was sleep.
“Izzye, come on, wake up.” Wow, someone was actually talking to me. After a few seconds my vision cleared and I was staring into Ryan’s eyes. A pretty nice way to wake up if you ask me.
“Sleepy are we?” Ryan asked with a smile. Very slowly I nodded.
“Fine, I won’t keep you awake long then.” He said. I nodded again and then I realized that someone’s arm was around me. Moving my head slightly, I was surprised to see that it was Patrick, to say the least.
“What the heck am I doing beside Patrick?” I asked. Wow, even my voice sounded sleepy.
“You mean you don’t remember?” Ryan asked. I looked back at him and shook my head.
“Nothing at all?” He asked. I thought for a moment.
“Something about pickles.” I said. He gave me a funny look.
“Okay, well, they’ll explain it when they wake up. But Izzye, I came to say good-bye.” He said. Well that woke me up. Correction, it woke my mind up, my body felt dead.
“What, why, where are you going?” I asked. Ryan pushed back some hair out of my face.
“Shh, you don’t want to wake them up. The guys and I have to go away for a while. I’ll see you again Izzye, don’t worry, I just wanted to say good-bye.” He whispered.
“But where are you going?” I asked.
“Don’t worry about it. Bye Izzye.” Ryan said, kissing my forehead. I didn’t get to answer, I fell asleep.

*******

“Out, everyone out, now!” Sheila said, marching into the hotel room. Everyone besides me, which was Patrick, Joe and Devin, obeyed her and got out of the room as fast as they could. I was sitting on a chair, my head buried in my hands.
“Hey Izzye, are you okay? Patrick called me and told me what happened?” Sheila said softly, sitting in the chair next to me. I didn’t answer.
“Do you need a hug?” Sheila asked. I forced myself to look at her.
“Sheila, my head is killing me, I can’t remember anything about yesterday and my boyfriend just left to go who knows where, I think I need a bit more than a hug.” I said. Sheila smiled weakly and threw her arms around me. I hugged her back and I couldn’t keep in my tears any longer.
“What’s wrong with me?” I asked. Sheila pulled away from me and looked me in the eye.
“There is nothing wrong with you Izzye, you are perfect!” She said. Well that’s a lie, perfect people don’t have random seizures.
“Come on, I’ll bring you home.” Sheila said, pulling me to my feet. Home, I didn’t really have one anymore.

*******

“Guys, we kind of need to finish our tour.” Joe was saying. I wasn’t really listening. It was a week later and I never listened to what anyone said. I just couldn’t get over the fact that there was something wrong with me.
“That’s great, but in case you forgot, we have a lack of a second guitar player and vocalist.” Jimmy said darkly. He’s not on crutches anymore. He and I haven’t been the same since Skylar died. He still blames himself.
“Actually, no you’re not lacking one at all, as long as you’re willing to let her into the band.” Andy said. That catches my attention, let who into the band?
“Who?” Devin and Jimmy say in unison. Andy and Joe move out of the way to reveal Rae.
“Rae!” They say at the same time.
“You can play guitar?” Jimmy asks.
“And sing?” That was Devin. Rae nodded and glanced over at me.
“I like bass better but I can play guitar, and sing.” She said with a smile. Devin and Jimmy both looked overjoyed.
“Well we say yes, what about you Izzye?” Devin asked, looking over at me. I shrugged.
“Yeah, it’s fine with me, I don’t care.” I said, staring intently at the wall. Out of the corner of my eye I can see Devin, Jimmy and Rae’s faces all fall. Well what do they expect, for me to start jumping up and down?
“Come on, we’ll teach you the songs.” Devin said. He and Jimmy led Rae out of the room, with Andy and Joe right behind them. Now it was only me and Patrick left in the room.
“Izzye are you okay?” Patrick asked. I just nodded. Yeah, I was fine, in fact, I’d never felt better. God, seriously, was everyone stupid?
“I got a present for you!” He said in an almost singsong voice. That was a bit random, it’s everyday I get a present from someone.
“Why?” I asked, looking up at him. He shrugged.
“Because I think you’re awesome now open it!” He said. Very slowly I took the bag from him. And even slower, I opened it.
It was a cell phone, and not a cheap one either. I couldn’t help it, I laughed as soon as I saw.
“What, you don’t want me using your cell phone anymore?” I said. Patrick laughed but didn’t say yes or no.
“It’s more convenient if you have your own phone.” He said. I smiled and got to my feet. Then I hugged him.
“Thanks.” I said. He just nodded,
“Now you should probably go help Rae learn the songs.” He said. I sighed but went downstairs.
Jimmy was teaching her
I Love You, Not . I sat down on the couch and just listened. She wasn’t that bad. She wasn’t Skylar, but no one would play like Skylar had.
Once she has the guitar part down pact, I helped her with the singing. It felt good to actually be playing again, it’d been a while.
“I think that we should go celebrate!” Devin said after several hours of practicing.
“I don’t want to go, you guys can though.” I said, putting my bass down. Jimmy rolled his eyes.
“Come on Izzye, you have to come!” Devin said. I glared at him.
“No I don’t!” I snapped. He looked surprised.
“Okay, you don’t, we’ll see you later.” He said, sounding eager to get away from me. Who could blame him? I really was in a bad mood today.
I stayed downstairs while the three of them went upstairs. I really didn’t feel like going anywhere. I wasn’t feeling very social at all.
“Hey Izzye?” It was Jimmy. What did he want, wasn’t he supposed to be gone?
“What?” I asked, forcing my voice to be calm. He looked a bit afraid as he came back down the stairs.
“You got a letter.” He said. I did? What the hell?
“I did?” I asked. Jimmy nodded and handed it to me. Then he escaped upstairs as fast as he could.
I didn’t recognize the handwriting but it was defiantly addressed to me. And it didn’t say Skyla so it defiantly wasn’t from a family member. Nervously I opened it.


Hey Izzye!
It’s me, Ryan, if you haven’t figured that out yet, which you probably haven’t because you’ve never seen my handwriting before that I know of. Okay, sorry, I’m rambling; I’m just so freaking COLD right now! And I know you’re probably thinking that being cold is nothing for a vampire because we’re always cold but trust me, it’s freezing where we are. I feel especially bad for Jon, at least the rest of us are a little bit more immune to the weather. I should take a picture of him for you; he has so many layers of clothes on!
I hope you’re doing fine, I miss you a lot. The guys say hi. They are currently jumping up and down trying to keep warm. Did I mention that I’m COLD?!?!?! I don’t know how you’ve managed to live in cold weather your entire life, how are you not a walking, talking icicle? We are, basically.
Just a sec, Brendon wants to say something to you.

Hey Izzye Mizzy Tizzy Kizzy Fizzy Dizzy Izzye! Sorry, I’m basically just writing to keep warm, it is COLD here!!!!!!! Did Ryan tell you that we are FREEZING! There is absolutely nothing we can do to keep warm! Oops, bye, Jon wants to say something now!
Hey Izzye, thanks for the vampire spray, it’s AWESOME! (And tastes really, really good) Did Ryan and Brendon mention that it’s COLD here!??!?! I am so cold! Lucky them, they don’t feel it as much as I do! Bye, Spencer wants to say something!
Hey! I won’t say how COLD! It is here because the others already have, but it’s COLD here! Brendon and Jon are going insane because of it. I hope you’re fine and say hi to Rae for me! Bye
Okay, now that I’ve managed to steal this back from them! God you’re popular, I should be jealous. And I am, I won’t lie. I wish I could say more, but I’ve got to go, Brendon is running around…wait, maybe I shouldn’t say that, anyway, bye! I love you!

Ryan!!!!!!


I must have read the letter and envelope fifteen hundred times but there was no mention of where they were. There was no return address or anything on the envelope, and all they say about where they are is that they’re cold, but that could be lots of places!